Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Jul 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #452 of 852
Not in the office today either. 
frown.gif

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #453 of 852
I called and left Andy (Adam's dad and the person that runs Lloyds) a message yesterday but have not received a response.  This is a very unfortunate situation and hopefully everyone that has sent something to them and paid will get what they paid for.

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #454 of 852
Thank you for adjusting the title accordingly average_joe. It's a shame it's come to this, after all the good I'd heard of Kozee.

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #455 of 852
Yes, it is a shame.  I thought I had explained the situation and why letting customers know what is going on is important, and Andy agreed with me and said it would change, but once bitten twice shy.  I guess they are used to the mail order hearing aid business where customers just wait and it is probably easier to make the same hearing aid over and over vs. different reshells in different colors and styles.

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #456 of 852
Quote:
Yes, it is a shame.  I thought I had explained the situation and why letting customers know what is going on is important, and Andy agreed with me and said it would change, but once bitten twice shy.  I guess they are used to the mail order hearing aid business where customers just wait and it is probably easier to make the same hearing aid over and over vs. different reshells in different colors and styles.

If I were asked to describe it, to no exaggeration, the above bolded statement would summarize my experience with Kozee.
mad.gif

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #457 of 852
I've called on numerous occasions now, and our friend average_joe has certainly done his part. To anyone still waiting on their reshell from Kozee, or simply just to hear back with regards to an inquiry, I sincerely request for those here in the US to call in and voice your opinion, if you haven't already. PM me if need be. Simply put, we not only paid out of our pockets for their service, but we entrusted Kozee with hundreds worth of our precious equipment, and in turn, they've done nothing but shut us out of any and all communication. I'm quite honestly very upset to hear that there are one too many here at head-fi that have been completely neglected of any communication, which, as paying customers, is our first and foremost right, and Kozee's negligence can only be exposed to them if enough of us voice our opinion. They need to make some serious changes! At the very least, a simple email response would set many minds at ease, and even that seems to be a much too daunting task to manage. I can wholeheartedly understand where it may seem difficult, under circumstances, to respond to any/all inquiries, but many of us have been ignored completely for weeks time. The more I think about it, the more it disheartens me that, initially, before Kozee ever received my payment, I received the red carpet treatment, to which I have all the conversations still saved. As soon as my payment was cleared, it was quite literally the opposite. Unbelievable.

Jul 20, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #458 of 852

Quote:
I've called on numerous occasions now, and our friend average_joe has certainly done his part. To anyone still waiting on their reshell from Kozee, or simply just to hear back with regards to an inquiry, I sincerely request for those here in the US to call in and voice your opinion, if you haven't already. PM me if need be. Simply put, we not only paid out of our pockets for their service, but we entrusted Kozee with hundreds worth of our precious equipment, and in turn, they've done nothing but shut us out of any and all communication. I'm quite honestly very upset to hear that there are one too many here at head-fi that have been completely neglected of any communication, which, as paying customers, is our first and foremost right, and Kozee's negligence can only be exposed to them if enough of us voice our opinion. They need to make some serious changes! At the very least, a simple email response would set many minds at ease, and even that seems to be a much too daunting task to manage. I can wholeheartedly understand where it may seem difficult, under circumstances, to respond to any/all inquiries, but many of us have been ignored completely for weeks time. The more I think about it, the more it disheartens me that, initially, before Kozee ever received my payment, I received the red carpet treatment, to which I have all the conversations still saved. As soon as my payment was cleared, it was quite literally the opposite. Unbelievable.

I can completely sympathize with you. A simple email response would make just about everybody happy, and they could even stop production that day just to do so. Customer service is probably the main reason many of us went with Kozee to begin with, and the fact that it has completely vanished is unnerving and disheartening. For me, it wouldn't be so bad if my problem was a simple fit issue that I could try to endure while waiting, but my IEM is completely unusable. If anything, I would expect him to try and stay in touch with me considering I am the only one so far to have the silicone w/ detachable cables - to let him know whether they are a success or failure.

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #459 of 852
This is the exact problem I had with Kozee before, I called Adam 2 times just to make sure that the impressions were sent to me, after waiting for over 1 month, a couple Emails and 2 calls, all Adam did was saying he will ship it later on that day and he never did.

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #460 of 852

Quote:

This happens so much. So many talented engineer types folk that have not a clue how to handle customers. Good Luck my friend

Jul 20, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #461 of 852
Hey thanks everyone for your interest. Currently I've been busy with work, but I can tell you I'll write up a little review this weekend.

What I can tell you is that I use these daily. The fit to me is perfect, I really wasn't sure what to expect as far as seal but it is great. I would put it in the same feeling as while I was getting my impressions.
As far as them sticking out, they do a little and I will try and document that when I write my review, they aren't obnoxious at all but its not perfectly flush from the front.

Jul 20, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #462 of 852
@wingman1659: So all in all, you haven't ever had to resend them with regards to any fit issues?

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #463 of 852
+1 on the lack of customer service.........

it's been 3 months since i sent my IEMs for reshelling.  i was very patient with them, occasionally checking this thread to see if ppl got theirs yet.  recently, this thread is making me frustrated at how long everybody seems to be waiting and their fruitless attempts at contacting Adam. 

i emailed him like 3 weeks ago and was told they will be shipped in two days.....nope, nothing
i called him two weeks and spoke with him.  he told me they were testing the frequencies or doing QC on them and will be shipped out at the end of the week. i specifically requested a tracking number too. 
i emailed him this week and haven't heard back. 

this has been a horrible experience for a first timer of custom IEM.  i didn't want to buy brand new IEMs because i wasn't sure if i'd like them but now i think i should have gone just purchased it from JH Audio considering that i have already put myself in a situation where i potentially lost $600-700  on my JH13 i purchased from the B/S forum

if kozee is just their side job and they have that parent company for hearing aids that i recall reading a few pages back, i'd say we bombard their parent company's email box and call their number continuously until we get a satisfactory answer to this whole mess

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #464 of 852
I was thinking of considering Kozee for my reshells. But based on the replies and the lack of communication with Adam, guess Unique Melody will be the better choice. Sigh, i was hoping to send to Kozee for a faster turnaround time but guess not.
frown.gif

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #465 of 852
To anyone wishing to call Adam, now is as good a time as any. I just got off the phone with him, and he's promised to send me an email with tracking number. Took me 3 days of convincing, but it looks like they're finally being shipped! I'll post back if and when I receive a tracking number hopefully sometime today. *fingers crossed* :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back