Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Jul 10, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #421 of 852

Quote:
Well guys, I have some sad news. My detachable silicone TF10 customs' right ear high driver seemed to short out or something. I can hear the bass and mids, but there does not appear to be any highs, but if I were to move them into the correct position, the highs would return, but the position isn't possible for any real length of listening time. Also, when I removed them from my ear this time, the glue binding came undone, and now the two parts are only partially connected. They are completely unusable right now. Seems like the silicone w/ detachable cable was a bad idea...

sounds to me like the contacts separated from the ribbon going to the driver. does the silicone material move alot?

Jul 10, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #422 of 852

Quote:
sounds to me like the contacts separated from the ribbon going to the driver. does the silicone material move alot?

It actually does, it seemed to move quite a bit when inserting into my ear. Being my first custom, I wasn't sure if all that movement was normal or not. It seemed like the main cavity where all the electronics were held in was an empty space, and the inside wall (by that I mean the side opposite the plastic) seemed to be quite thin, and I could move the parts inside by touching that part. It was all fine in my ear though.

EDIT: Here are a couple a pictures of the problem:
headphone1.jpg

Jul 10, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #423 of 852
Updated timeline:

1. On 4/2, Adam confirmed reception of my ear impressions.
  2. On 5/2, I asked for an update.
  3. On 5/4, Adam answered: "They are right in the middle of the process.  I'll let you know when they are being sent out.  Thanks for your patience!"
  4. On 5/19, I asked for an update.
  5. No answer.
  6. On 6/1, I asked for an update.    
  7. On 6/15, Adam sent me an email to let me know he'd finished my monitors and would send them the following day.
  8. On 6/17, Adam sent me an email to let me know he'd sent my monitors the day before.
  9. On 6/20, I received the X1 (in Taiwan).
  10. On 6/15, Adam sent me an email to let me know he'd finished my monitors and would send them the following day.
  11. On 6/17, Adam sent me an email to let me know he'd sent my monitors the day before.
  12. On 6/20, I received the X1 (in Taiwan).
  13. On 6/25, I sent an email to Adam to let him know I had a fit problem with the left monitor.
  14. No answer.
  15. On 7/7, I sent an email to Adam to remind him of my fit problem.
  16. No answer.

The pain in my left ear is enough that I've given up on using the X1. I'm back to using my HF5.

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #424 of 852
Try calling Kozee instead. I've almost always been able to get a reach of him that way. PM me if you need the number my friend.

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #426 of 852
My mistake, I carelessly hadn't noticed you were outside the US. Although I was relieved to have spoken to Adam regarding my own reshell, it seems as though they've stopped answering emails altogether. The last 5 messages (over the span f a few weeks), believe it or not, went unanswered. No, you shouldn't at all be forced to call them, especially if our international. Simply because they failed communication on their side.

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #427 of 852

Quote:
My mistake, I carelessly hadn't noticed you were outside the US. Although I was relieved to have spoken to Adam regarding my own reshell, it seems as though they've stopped answering emails altogether. The last 5 messages (over the span f a few weeks), believe it or not, went unanswered. No, you shouldn't at all be forced to call them, especially if our international. Simply because they failed communication on their side.

Have they totally stopped replying emails ? I've been trying to contact Adam for an ETA or an update of my reshells, but my last 3 emails over the last month have gone unreplied
The last I heard was that there were in the process of etching my art on the reshells, and that was approx 4 weeks ago, doesn't take a genius to figure out that it should take that long :S

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #428 of 852
Unless anyone here can inform otherwise, it seems that they HAVE stopped replying via email.
frown.gif

Jul 13, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #431 of 852
As our friend project86 mentioned, I'm beginning to think that despite the estimated 3 week time frame Adam quoted, I too will most probably endure the 6-8 week consistent time frame. I'm hesitant to call since I don't want to rush the process and risk an issues as a result. *sighs*

Jul 14, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #434 of 852
^^ That's what my JH16's are supposed to look like!
frown.gif
 Where oh where are my JH16's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back