Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Jul 5, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #407 of 852
Good to know. Much appreciated my friend!
smile.gif

Just glad the Sony's and soon to arrive JVC's will keep my busy till then.
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #408 of 852
Well, tried twice today to each Adam, and both times, sure enough, he was busy with a customer. At the very least, I was able to leave him a vociemail on his direct line, and as busy as he must be, it's settling to know that Kozee is still hard at work.
smile.gif

Jul 5, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #409 of 852
Just got off the phone with Adam. What a guy, I swear! He reassured me everything is good & timely, and was (as usual) extremely polite and enthusiastic. Hats off to Kozee; can't wait for my JH16's within the next week!
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #410 of 852
Received my reshelled TF10's yesterday. It was a really long wait but the packaging and reshells were really professional. I can post a review later but I was curious if anyone had them fix a reshell before? My right earbud fits like a dream. Perfect. But my left ear doesn't create a good seal and if I just walk or chew or wiggle my ears, I can tell there are (air) gaps. Seeing as how it took 3 months to get these, I am trying to gauge if I should just bite my tongue and live with them or get them fixed?

You can tell the two earbuds are dramatically different from each other too. I know our ears are different but for some reason there's a lot of excess material on the left ear ... parts that have excess acrylic even though it's not int the canal.

Edit: Well that's good news. I messed with the left earbud by twisting it a bit and the fit is better now :)

Jul 6, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #411 of 852
Can you take pictures of the excess material?  I sent my TF10 back in for a retune and it did take a while, although because I tried to fix the filter myself and pushed it further in Adam had to remake the shell.  

If you do have fit issues I would suggest sending it in if you plan on using the reshell long term as you don't want to decide months later the problem stops you from enjoying the IEM.

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #412 of 852
I am thinking about sending them back. The thing is, it's not like it's a clear problem. It's not like the left ear is horrible. It's like, you know how you put on a pair of shoes and it just rubs funny or one side feels strange? It's like that. The right side is perfect. I don't know how I would explain it to Adam and to be honest, right now I am super intimidating by Kozee. It took way too long and it's a classic scenario where even though I paid money and I am the customer, I feel like I am a hostage at their mercy. They have my money, my headphones, my impressions, etc. 

May I ask you why you sent yours back and if you were able to explain to Adam what was wrong? What was his reaction? I feel like it's hard to put into words that the left earbud feels "off"

Jul 9, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #413 of 852
As you mentioned my friend, you are a customer nonetheless, and if anything, deserve your moneys worth. The whole idea behind customs is in the very word itself, and if at all they feel "off", for whatever reason, they may need a slight adjustment before they're truly custom tailored to your ears. Besides, if we're speaking about the same Adam, I'm sure you've quite honestly nothing to worry about. It's not as if you're the first ever to request reshells, and you're concern is nothing short of a very reasonable one. I personally wouldn't at all hesitate to contact Adam, and speak with him directly, informing him that one fits like a glove, while the other needs to be slightly modified. I understand your concern however, as it's really a matter of having to yet again wait it out. As hard as it is, there's a reason they offers a "90 day fit" policy. Why not take advantage of it if the situation calls for it, especially when it's welcomingly advertised on their own site? Down the long run, you don't want to reach a point where you'd regret not taking advantage of an offered service, especially since the option won't be open forever. All the best my friend, I hope everything works out for you.
smile.gif

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #414 of 852
I understand your situation.  Adam is a super nice guy and means well, it is not like he does anything malicious.  Send him an email or call him if you are in the US. At least tell him there is an issue with the seal.  And when I sent mine back he was more than happy to help, but it wasn't a fit issue, it was a sound issues and due to my trying to fix it he had to remake a shell.  If this is a long term IEM for you, get it right now while you can.  You can let Adam know and use them for a while and see what happens, but keep your options open!

I bought a pair of basketball shoes, the KG show because a teammate of mine had them and loved them.  They gave me blisters on my heel and even after months they still gave me blisters.  I had to tape both heels every time I used those shoes...some things just don't get better, don't take the chance!

Jul 9, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #415 of 852
Hi guys,
I have a couple of questions about Kozee's reshelling service and was just wondering if anyone may be able to give a little bit of advice.
I currently have two pairs of iem's i am looking to get reshelled, ie8's and dre tours. My first question i guess is if this is possible? Can any universal iem's be reshelled?
Secondly is it possible to keep the original cable after a reshell or at least get a cable with iphone/ipod controls? (Girlfriend wants tours reshelled but cant live without control talk cable).
My last question would be about shipping, im in the UK, i assume this wouldnt be a problem? (Just pay postage costs?)
Any response would be appreciated 
Regards

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #416 of 852
Well guys, I have some sad news. My detachable silicone TF10 customs' right ear high driver seemed to short out or something. I can hear the bass and mids, but there does not appear to be any highs, but if I were to move them into the correct position, the highs would return, but the position isn't possible for any real length of listening time. Also, when I removed them from my ear this time, the glue binding came undone, and now the two parts are only partially connected. They are completely unusable right now. Seems like the silicone w/ detachable cable was a bad idea...

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #417 of 852

Quote:
Hi guys,
I have a couple of questions about Kozee's reshelling service and was just wondering if anyone may be able to give a little bit of advice.
I currently have two pairs of iem's i am looking to get reshelled, ie8's and dre tours. My first question i guess is if this is possible? Can any universal iem's be reshelled?
Secondly is it possible to keep the original cable after a reshell or at least get a cable with iphone/ipod controls? (Girlfriend wants tours reshelled but cant live without control talk cable).
My last question would be about shipping, im in the UK, i assume this wouldnt be a problem? (Just pay postage costs?)
Any response would be appreciated 
Regards

No those are both dynamic drivers. Nobody (yet) reshells dynamics, only armature based phones. Get custom tips for them. 1964ears/kozee and others do this.

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #418 of 852

Quote:
Well guys, I have some sad news. My detachable silicone TF10 customs' right ear high driver seemed to short out or something. I can hear the bass and mids, but there does not appear to be any highs, but if I were to move them into the correct position, the highs would return, but the position isn't possible for any real length of listening time. Also, when I removed them from my ear this time, the glue binding came undone, and now the two parts are only partially connected. They are completely unusable right now. Seems like the silicone w/ detachable cable was a bad idea...

Bummer on that. Wonder if it's repairable ?

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #419 of 852
Quote:

That stinks.  I was wondering about the long term durability.  Any pictures?

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #420 of 852

Quote:
That stinks.  I was wondering about the long term durability.  Any pictures?

I'll try to take pictures tomorrow if I have the time.

Quote:
Bummer on that. Wonder if it's repairable ?

It probably is, but if Kozee just reglues it, I'm afraid they will come apart again. Also, I really need that treble driver repaired, as I can't even enjoy my music with it shorted out. I actually sent them to him a little over a month ago regarding the treble driver, and I received them last week, but the problem was never fixed. I think I may have worded the problem to him wrong. Anyway, I was going to have to send them back to him again anyway, but now this just adds more complications. I wonder if he can completely discard this shell and go acrylic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back