Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Jun 14, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #347 of 852
I just called Adam again, he appologized again for not shipping out the impression kit. I called him 2 weeks ago and he said sorry it didn't get shipped out and will ship it out on that day. Then he never did, then I called him today and told me the same thing, honestly, I ordered it on May 17th and it's been a month and he hasn't even shipped out the impression kit. I went straight cancelling the order knowing that they'll never reach me. Thanks for the wait Adam, I don't know what else to say to you, it is quite disappointing and messes up my plan, anyways now I need to move on and  think about what I should do next, I might just stick with my sm3 and order a custom when average joe's complete custom comparison comes out.

Jun 14, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #348 of 852
I am not sure how much Kozee's customer service has improved, but I did have several conversations with Adam and Andy about various issues including my JH16 issue.  As always, they were very nice and want to provide good customer service and succeed.  I made several suggestions, so we shall see how things progress from here.

I will not go into great detail on my JH16 issue other than it has been resolved and I will be getting a new JH16 from JHA thanks to Kozee.  They are serious about standing behind their work and building Kozee into a reputable company.  This is a learning experience for them and if their process changes result in better customer service as well as getting each and every order correct, they will be another great US option.

I will update more in my custom resource thread a little later...

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #349 of 852

Quote:
Cool, would love to hear about the operation. I believe he works out of an audiology office, but I don't know what the breakdown is.... does he have his own section?

Well after that initial email conversation on May 4, I didn't hear back from him untill yesterday (was close to going with Fisher).  Setup an appointment to meet him at his office this Friday.

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #350 of 852
Yesterday evening I got a notice that my X1 had shipped! They used 2 day FedEx so it should arrive by tomorrow evening. The email was from FedEx not directly from Kozee, but that's just as good as far as I'm concerned. 

To recap, I had one of the first pairs of X1s, which had a very minor flaw in the art on one side. I could have lived with it, but Adam suggested I send it back to make it perfect. Here is a picture of how they looked when I first had them:

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #351 of 852

Quote:
Yesterday evening I got a notice that my X1 had shipped! They used 2 day FedEx so it should arrive by tomorrow evening. The email was from FedEx not directly from Kozee, but that's just as good as far as I'm concerned. 

To recap, I had one of the first pairs of X1s, which had a very minor flaw in the art on one side. I could have lived with it, but Adam suggested I send it back to make it perfect. Here is a picture of how they looked when I first had them:

Thats good news!
Hopefully I'll get the long awaited email that my UM3X reshells have shipped by the end of this week, its been about a month since I sent my universals in for reshelling....and 2 weeks later then Adam's ETA :S

Jun 16, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #353 of 852
This is a definite good sign. Sounds like I'll get my order right, I could care less how long it takes. As long as I know Adam is working to get quality products and correct ones out I'm happy.\

Congrats to the few that have got their orders! (or emails at the least)

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #354 of 852
And on that note, looks like I've found myself a cozy (pun intended) seat on the Kozee train! Will be sending out the JH16's tomorrow.
etysmile.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #355 of 852
got an email also. shipped my impressions and tf10 on 12th of may. now adam told me, that i will get them back in about 2 and a half weeks. i am glad to hear that.

Jun 17, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #357 of 852
Today,  I wrote Adam an email to get an update on the reshells of my DBA-02 and TF10.  A couple of hours later a FedEX truck pulled up in our driveway and voila my reshells had finally arrived, I thought that indeed was a very fast response to my email ;-0

As for now both reshells looks really great, no flaws that my eyes can detect. The fit is excellent and feels comfortable. Only out of memory I do detect more or less changes in sound presentation of both units, but mostly in a positive way, more to come..

It so far seems that it was well worth waiting for these to finally arrive.

Jun 17, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #358 of 852
He must have shipped a big batch on Wed. (using 2-day FedEx) because my X1 arrived today as well. Fixed a minor flaw in the art on one side, and they sound more smooth as well, which is a good thing. I had asked him if they should be checked out because the highs seemed overly harsh, and he said that didn't sound normal. Nobody had ever complained of harsh highs was how he worded it. Well, I have to say whatever he did made the problem go away, and they sound very good now. It wasn't terrible before but it made certain music harder to enjoy. Now they are equally able to play all types.

I just sent an email asking what he did to change it - if my first set was defective or if I'm just imagining things.

Jun 18, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #360 of 852
Good to hear the customer service is picking up as Kozee has some great potential!  

Quote:
Just sent in my JH16's today. And now comes the hard part...
tongue.gif

Looks like you will be the one to write the review on the Kozee JH16 reshell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back