Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
May 17, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #301 of 852
I just ordered my kit for Kozee to get my TF10 reshelled. I'm pretty excited as I find the comfort on the TF10 to be awful after a short period of time. I have a Westone cable that I'm going to be using with them as the stock TF10 is also a very weak point of these IEMs IMO. Hopefully I can get the impressions done right the first time. After reading your impressions average_joe I have to say I'm very excited. 

May 17, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #302 of 852
Thanks for clearing things up, this is very helpful, I just placed my reshelling order awhile ago, I certainly hope this turns out to be good. I may not consider the TWag since I read that it turns green after some time of use in some other threads, I might just go with the cheapest option here, thanks a lot for the information.

Quote:
There have been 1 or maybe 2 people I have read about that have reshelled their SM3.  I would imagine if done right it could only improve the sound, if just marginally.  The Crystal and Athena cables both work with the stock TF10 (I had mine reshelled with a Westone/JHA style connector), but not my TWag cable (don't have the silver dragon).  If you do go with a reshell you can ask Adam for either a Westone or UE style connector, which is essentially just slightly different sized pins.  I have not compared the TWag with the Athena (both silver) but do know that both have made what I consider fairly dramatic improvements with various customs: the Athena with the TS842 and the TWag with the EM3 Pro.  I would imagine either cable (or another silver cable?) would improve the SM3 sound due to the improvements in silver.

The TWag is more robust than the Athena or the Crystal, with the Crystal having the lowest build quality/ergonomics of the three to go along with the least sonic improvement, and the lowest price.  I do plan on doing a cable comparison of some sort as I have some other cables coming my way.

May 18, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #303 of 852
Congrats ZeusAudio!

And I have a TWag that doesn't have a hint of green.  I am not defending Whiplash, but the cable I have is good and I know several people with the same cable that don't have any issues with the cable turning green after extended use.

May 19, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #304 of 852
I'm on week seven or eight after sending out my impressions, starting to get impatient now... Adam used to respond within a day or two, but having to wait one to two weeks at a time for a response is pretty tough. He last told me mine were almost done and would msg as soon as they are ready over two weeks ago and still no response :frowning2:

May 24, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #305 of 852
Well, its been a week since I ordered the service and I haven't gotten a kit for impressions or an email back from Adam regarding my order in any way. I am usually a patient person but would definitely like some piece of mind in the form of an email back or a FedEx shipping number. I got the FedEx 2 day shipping and it has been 7 (5 business). Hopefully I hear back from Adam soon regarding this delay.

May 24, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #306 of 852
Same here, it's been a week since I ordered the reshell service and there's no trace of the impression kit coming, and neither do I have an Email or anything on stating when I should expect the kit to come. Does Adam have too much business on hand and no longer cares about the customer service he provides? If it takes more than 2 months for them to reshell an earphone as cycro27 states, I might as well ask for a refund and do it with some other companies.

May 25, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #308 of 852
ordered for europe on 29th of April
Recieved impression kit on 11th of may
returned on 12th of may
nothing heard till then

i sent via express shipping, which i also ordered at kozee.

May 26, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #309 of 852
Man, has anyone been able to get a reply from Adam?  I have send him a total of 4 emails since 5/4 with no reply.  I just wanted to confirm his receiving my monitors and approve the artworks.

May 26, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #311 of 852
Does anyone know when Adam takes the payment for the orders? I placed one on 5/17 and never got charged. Wondering if I should just go over to Fisher or UM for remolds but don't want to get charged $100 out of nowhere for a service I didn't receive. 

May 26, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #312 of 852
I just spoke with Adam who is swamped but is working on filling orders.  He is a one man operation for now and is working 6 days a week to get through the orders.  I did mention the concerns with not replying to emails for such a long time and he said he is going to try to respond soon.

May 26, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #313 of 852
I was going to say I feel like Adam fills a few orders at a time so he just doesn't have stacks of of orders unorganized. He seems like a very genuine guy when I talked to him. I am not concerned with the amount of time taken. I'd rather have a product done to a quality Adam wants to present than have a fast turn around.

May 26, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #314 of 852
Trust me.  The wait is worth it.  I had a reshell done by another vendor and paid the express service only to have it returned twice because of fit and SQ issues.  Total time before satisfaction 6 weeks.  I understand and empathize the anticipation along with frustration of waiting, but it's better to be a little patient and like the previous post described, is worth getting a quality, finalized product to meet expectations.

May 28, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #315 of 852
I'm all for being patient, but some assurance would be nice. Hopefully Adam will email me back and I can get this all sorted out. I'm kind of in a hurry to get these done but still want them done right the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back