Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
May 6, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #287 of 852

Quote:
Hi guys! How long is the delivery time for the kozee customs nowadays?

Has somebody from Europe ordered some customs? How long did it took to receive the impression kit and after sending it and after that how long did it took to receive your customs?

Thanks guys!

Sent in my impressions kit before april 14, still waiting.... sigh.

May 6, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #289 of 852
Just sent back my impressions this morning. I hope it all works out. I had to do the right ear again. Actually my gf did them. I hope they are ok, it's hard to tell what's right or wrong.

May 6, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #291 of 852

Quote:
Nope, it's on the back burner atm.  I have other audio priorities ahead of the list and more non audio related ones before those.  >.<

I'll be keeping my good eye on you.  
blink.gif

Yeah I figured I would never do anything with them anyway, so giving them to Adam to further his understanding of dynamic reshelling was about the best possible thing I could do. If he figures out the trick to dynamic remolding..... he might need more staff members.

Quote:
I just won some TF10 on eBay, and cant wait for them to arrive to get reshelled.  Decided to go with Kozee since, since I will be working in Chicago for a while, wanted something local.  Anyways, emailed Adam, and he told me I can stop by the office to drop off the TF10 and get the impressions done there.  Now waiting for the buds to arrive.

Cool, would love to hear about the operation. I believe he works out of an audiology office, but I don't know what the breakdown is.... does he have his own section?

Quote:
Kozee recieved my impressions on the 24th of March and I'm still waiting.

I think 5 weeks is about what most people are waiting these days, depending on shipping time. Hang in there!

May 7, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #292 of 852

Quote:
Just sent back my impressions this morning. I hope it all works out. I had to do the right ear again. Actually my gf did them. I hope they are ok, it's hard to tell what's right or wrong.

Check out my Keys to making the best self impressions (my thoughts/experiences) section in the first post of this thread.

May 11, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #294 of 852
All I have to say is I am glad you get two shots at the ear impressions. Even after reading up I made some lackluster results on my first try. Somehow the otoblock ended up on the side of one of my impressions and the other had distinct creasing. Even after all that I'm pretty pleased with how my second set turned out.

I had trouble keeping the otoblock centered in the back of my ear canal, I would recommend using something the cotton wont attach to even in the slightest bit. Just from my personal experience.

May 12, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #295 of 852
Thanks for the encouragement project86 love your reviews. I emailed Adam a week ago and no response yet. I'm totally fine with having to wait, I just wish there was better communication. 
He needs to utilize his social networking tools with random project updates just to show his customer base something is actually being done, even if it isn't project specific.
I think this would assuage many peoples fears and concerns.

Although, my xb500s are rattling my ears off and I miss the clean tone of the trip10s.
basshead.gif

May 13, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #296 of 852

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement project86 love your reviews. I emailed Adam a week ago and no response yet. I'm totally fine with having to wait, I just wish there was better communication. 
He needs to utilize his social networking tools with random project updates just to show his customer base something is actually being done, even if it isn't project specific.
I think this would assuage many peoples fears and concerns.

Although, my xb500s are rattling my ears off and I miss the clean tone of the trip10s.
basshead.gif

That's a good idea. Just a better indication that some progress is being made somewhere would be nice to see. Although obviously people are popping up and and there with their Kozee products.... it would be nice to have a better view.

May 15, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #297 of 852
The fact that kozee is a bit slower than what is promised on their website is one thing, the way you have to wait longer than a week to get a reply when you send a mail is really bad.

May 15, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #298 of 852

Quote:
The fact that kozee is a bit slower than what is promised on their website is one thing, the way you have to wait longer than a week to get a reply when you send a mail is really bad.

Unfortunately you're right. I'm very happy with the product but...he's dropping the ball. Heck, 1964ears are still swamped by us. This is a pretty powerful tool, talk about a target audience !

May 16, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #299 of 852
Hey Joe, I am thinking of reshelling my sm3s with Kozee, I dunno if anyone has done this with their sm3s, may I ask you a question about the cable?
Does your Effect Audio Crystal cable work with your reshelled TF10s? how about Twag and silver dragon?
My sm3 cable is wearing out and the only way I can think of to replace the cable is to reshell them with replaceable cables.

May 17, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #300 of 852
There have been 1 or maybe 2 people I have read about that have reshelled their SM3.  I would imagine if done right it could only improve the sound, if just marginally.  The Crystal and Athena cables both work with the stock TF10 (I had mine reshelled with a Westone/JHA style connector), but not my TWag cable (don't have the silver dragon).  If you do go with a reshell you can ask Adam for either a Westone or UE style connector, which is essentially just slightly different sized pins.  I have not compared the TWag with the Athena (both silver) but do know that both have made what I consider fairly dramatic improvements with various customs: the Athena with the TS842 and the TWag with the EM3 Pro.  I would imagine either cable (or another silver cable?) would improve the SM3 sound due to the improvements in silver.

The TWag is more robust than the Athena or the Crystal, with the Crystal having the lowest build quality/ergonomics of the three to go along with the least sonic improvement, and the lowest price.  I do plan on doing a cable comparison of some sort as I have some other cables coming my way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back