Koss war Hifi
Jun 28, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #61 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is hilarious in a really sad way.... why would you only look at a koss just for the lifetime warranty? Just to let you know, the amount you spent is the price of a tank of gas. If you break your headphones, it's not gonna bankrupt you to replace them. And I assume you have to send them back to koss for the warranty to be fulfilled.... then you go for however long that is without headphones. I'm not saying koss are terrible headphones cause I've never heard any of em, but limiting yourself just because of your previous experience with the brand and the lifetime warranty is not a good decision.

We all don't value and spend money in the same way. A small $ loss for some can mean more of a hardship to some than many others. There's a risk / reward / loss involved with any headphones purchase. And some value being more careful and frugal more than others. Koss knows this, and so does Amazon.com with its excellent return policy.

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #65 of 89
Forsale forums aren't for discussion
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #67 of 89
The rules in the stickies in the for sale forum are correct as posted. The discussion about them is in the member's lounge.

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #68 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The rules in the stickies in the for sale forum are correct as posted. The discussion about them is in the member's lounge.

The rules, FAQ, and stickies in the For Sale forum fail to address this rule change. And the Member's Lounge is the least best place of these four to post it. Right?

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #69 of 89
They don't address the change, they list the rules. If you want to know why the rules changed, that's covered in the members lounge.

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #70 of 89
Quote:

They don't address the change, they list the rules. If you want to know why the rules changed, that's covered in the members lounge.

Yes, that is correct. The rules, FAQ, and stickys in the For Sale forum fail to address this rule change.

And, the rules, FAQ, and stickys in the For Sale forum fail to make it known that rules changes are covered in the Member's Lounge. Right?

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #71 of 89
They state the rules that apply right now, as they're supposed to. If you want to know why the rule changed, there are threads that cover it. Jude didn't post it the way you would have, big deal.

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #72 of 89
Quote:

They state the rules that apply right now, as they're supposed to. If you want to know why the rule changed, there are threads that cover it. Jude didn't post it the way you would have, big deal.

Oh, I'm sure Jude is doing his best. But isn't it now obvious how it could be done better?

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #73 of 89
Honestly, no, I think the way it was done is fine. Why do you care? It's not a rule anymore, you have more than 50 posts, and you're not tasked with enforcing the rules anyway...

Jun 28, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #74 of 89
Quote:

Honestly, no, I think the way it was done is fine.

Yes, of course you do. So you're OK with noticing rule changes in the Member's Lounge without making this or rule changes known in the rules, FAQ, or stickys in the relevant forums. Seems a bit secretive and ineffective to me, but I respect your opinion.

Quote:

Why do you care? It's not a rule anymore, you have more than 50 posts, and you're not tasked with enforcing the rules anyway...

Oh, I'm one of those helpful types who tries to contribute to the well being of this board and its members. Imagine that, selfless enough to help others. I'm sure you know the type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back