Koss war Hifi
Jun 25, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #31 of 89
FWIR (not from using any of these myself)...

Under $40

Audio Technica - frequency response is too flat to be fun with gaming, movies, and techno

Sennheiser - probably has too much bloated bass

Koss - not reviewed well

Over $40

Audio Technica - frequency response is too flat to be fun with gaming, movies, and techno

Sennheiser - the HD565 is reviewed better than the EH250

Koss - reviewed well

If spending under $40, you might as well go with the Koss.

If spending over $40, the HD565 or Koss should work OK. I'd probably go with the HD565 due to my experience with various Sennheisers and the Koss KSC75.

Amazon is a good place to buy because of their return policy.

Jun 25, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #33 of 89
ok just forget about the amp any one else any one think pro3aa is good deal

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #35 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your search is so tightly focussed as to be useless.

x2

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #39 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIR (not from using any of these myself)...

Under $40

Sennheiser - probably has too much bloated bass

Koss - not reviewed well

Over $40

Sennheiser - the HD565 is reviewed better than the EH250

Koss - reviewed well

If spending under $40, you might as well go with the Koss.

If spending over $40, the HD565 or Koss should work OK. I'd probably go with the HD565 due to my experience with various Sennheisers and the Koss KSC75.

Amazon is a good place to buy because of their return policy.

Who has ever given the KSC 75s a bad review?

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #41 of 89
I have owned a bunch of Koss phones and have heard most of them. The best three phones I can recommend are:
1) Pro3AA
2) KTXPRO1
3) PortaPro

The Pro3AA will have the most bass impact and has somewhat decent isolation. I wouldn't recommend the Pro4AAA's though as they sound very very generic with little bass and also have no soundstage. They sound like static, like a vintage headphone kinda sound. They are bright without nice detailing and also have a funky coloration to the mids.

That is probably the worst headphone I have ever owned..

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #43 of 89
I recommend an R/80, I have one and It seems to be the Portapro drivers and with some light modding an extreme amount of deep bass. I also have fond pre-Head-Fi memories of the R/10 although they are supra aural.

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #44 of 89
SO MY FINAL DECISION OF THE NIGHT!!!!!!!

koss R 80 35$ VS koss pro3aa 30$

You decide make your final comments

thanks for all your help

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #45 of 89
The Pro3AA will be far more detailed and have better bass. Soundstaging is better than Grado's but not the best I have heard (K701 I'm looking at you).

The Pro3AA will be brighter and a little sibilant at first, but it does smooth out a little. Bass is not the deepest, but has a lot of impact. Bass on it reminds me of the DT770 80Ohm, but not nearly as powerful.

The R80 is so so, but very generic sounding IMO. Bass is there but very loose sounding.

Go for the Pro3AA you won't be disappointed at all, and if you are I can take it off your hands
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back