Koss war Hifi
Jun 29, 2009 at 10:46 AM Post #77 of 89
one more day till I get the phones also please stop arguing

oh and you fail nullstring

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #78 of 89
I got a sansa clip on sunday it is a much better source but I just got the phones today they are amazing I thought my my ears were about to explode with awsome I have been burning them in with music since I got them I am going on a action I leave to morrow I will post again probably after the VACATION I will beable to get 10 hours of burn in with these be for I have to go on the plane what music should I burn them in with thanks to all

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #79 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo_b2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OP have you tried the Limited Edition 75 Anniversary Porta Pro's? I find them even better than the origianal may be due to the new cables. Bought one days ago. =)

Same cable, different sheathing. plus, 25th anniversary, lol
wink_face.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #80 of 89
for this set up pro3aa sansa clip what would be a good amp I ordered a fiiO e5 but I got some cash so I wana up grade I was looking at penguin and ibasso t4 it must be under 100 $ what would be a good mach up

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #81 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by livingweapon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh and you fail nullstring

Yeah, probably.

Quote:

Originally Posted by livingweapon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for this set up pro3aa sansa clip what would be a good amp I ordered a fiiO e5 but I got some cash so I wana up grade I was looking at penguin and ibasso t4 it must be under 100 $ what would be a good mach up

I honestly think that most cheap amps aren't really worth it.
(I have a fiio E5 and a CMOY, but take my opinion with a grain of salt, as I haven't gotten around to making a LOD cable for my ipod)

That said, I have read that the clip is particularly bad at driving headphones..
A fiio or CMOY should be fine in that case... but don't expect to sound any better than it would out of an ipod.

Jul 1, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #82 of 89
No problem livingweapon. They are incredibly good phones for $40.

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #83 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, probably.

I honestly think that most cheap amps aren't really worth it.
(I have a fiio E5 and a CMOY, but take my opinion with a grain of salt, as I haven't gotten around to making a LOD cable for my ipod)

That said, I have read that the clip is particularly bad at driving headphones..
A fiio or CMOY should be fine in that case... but don't expect to sound any better than it would out of an ipod.

I've heard that the Clip, as far as portable MP3 players go, is one of the best in terms of audio quality.

Has anybody in this thread compared the UR-20 to the UR-40? I'm looking for something ultra-cheap, but comfortable, to use while my DT 770 are off for repair.

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #84 of 89
I followed this thread with some interest, but could not participate in good conscience. This got me thinking, what if someone came in insisting on a Skullcandy recommendation? I don't think I could pick the least of the evils. I'd be inclined to say, "If you have to have an SC, look up Amazon reviews", or some such thing.

I've heard the PRO3AA, and it isn't better than PX100, which is at the same SQ-level as PortaPro (which I've not heard). Heck, it's not even better than KSC75. So...have we done the OP a disservice here? Should we always "help"? Or should we sometimes wring our hands in silence?

Sigh...

Jul 1, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #85 of 89
I am typing this on my smart phone on thee run way be for my plane takes off dont be negative I am very happy with them they sound much better than portapros and I listening to them right now I love them and thanks to all that helped

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #87 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I followed this thread with some interest, but could not participate in good conscience. This got me thinking, what if someone came in insisting on a Skullcandy recommendation? I don't think I could pick the least of the evils. I'd be inclined to say, "If you have to have an SC, look up Amazon reviews", or some such thing.

I've heard the PRO3AA, and it isn't better than PX100, which is at the same SQ-level as PortaPro (which I've not heard). Heck, it's not even better than KSC75. So...have we done the OP a disservice here? Should we always "help"? Or should we sometimes wring our hands in silence?

Sigh...

Your post ignores the OP's stated request for full size / circumaural, closed headphones, and how he values a Koss return policy / warranty. Thus, yours or anyone's comparative preference for the PortaPro or KSC75 is irrelevant. Everyone tried to help. The OP considered some of that help more useful than others. No problem. Where's the disservice?

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #88 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by dqniel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard that the Clip, as far as portable MP3 players go, is one of the best in terms of audio quality.

I wasn't knocking the Clip's audio quality. I've been told, however, that it's output isn't very powerful.

Jul 8, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #89 of 89
I just got back from vacation these phones are amazing they opened my eyes to hi-fi these are my first hi-fi phones and I will never forget them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back