Koss Pro DJ100 - Bass?
Jul 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ElectroPulse

New Head-Fier
Hello, all!

I've been considering getting the Koss DJ100. I stopped by Bestbuy this evening to test them out, but they didn't seem to have as much bass as I was wanting... the Sennheiser HD280 had closer to the amount of bass that I am looking for (maybe even a little less).

I've never really paid much attention to headphones in the past, and never really paid attention to amps either. Could somebody try to give me an idea of how much the bass is boosted by the Fiios E5 or E6 with bass booster turned on? Everything else about the DJ100s seems great, I just would like some more bass.

Thanks!

P.S. On an unrelated note, how well does the DJ100 isolate noise compared to other headsets in a similar range? What about with M50 pads?

Jul 17, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 6
Jul 19, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
No offense but

Do not listen to this, OP.

well actually, he'd love a pair... no offense 
but, dear OP, you might want to look into the 

PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S

affordable and fun to listen to

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #6 of 6
I'm using DJ 100's with the FiiO E11 amp. The bass seems quite good with the E11's bass booster turned on.
I've heard that bass tends to get a bit softer after they get burnt-in (not all of them have to though). I've been using them only for a couple of days now, although they did sound quite good out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back