Koss PortaPro ComfortZone Setting
May 23, 2006 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

cmirza

1000+ Head-Fier
I have a question about the PortaPro's comfort setting, and since Koss has no manual for their headphones I guess I'll ask here.

When I switch my headphones from firm to light I cant switch them back to firm from light without collapsing the headphone first. Is this the way they are supposed to operate? I wan't to make sure I don't break the ComfortZone thing by using them wrong.

Thanks.

May 23, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 14
Or you can hold the "light" switch with your finger, then move the joint slowly. You won't make the click-ing noise if you hold the "light" switch first.

May 23, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 14
I'm not sure if I stated my issue correctly.

When wearing the headphones, if I have the switch in the 'Light' position I cannot move the switch to the 'Firm' position. I have to collapse the earpieces in for them to 'pop' back to the 'Firm' position. I can't just switch them to 'Firm' from 'Light'.

I'm wondering if thats the way they're supposed to work or not.

May 23, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 14
Oooh, I see what your saying. Yeah, that's the way it works. If you look closely you'll see that the black earpeice is basically stepped, and the blue slider rests on each step to make it firmer or lighter.

edit, on a kinda related note, anyone know what the heck the screw on the left earpeice is for? It doesn't seem to do anything, and its only on the left side.

May 23, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza

When wearing the headphones, if I have the switch in the 'Light' position I cannot move the switch to the 'Firm' position. I have to collapse the earpieces in for them to 'pop' back to the 'Firm' position. I can't just switch them to 'Firm' from 'Light'.

Yes, you CAN switch it without collapsing them. By doing what I wrote before.

May 24, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza

damn man it is a real simple design, not some engineering feat. look closely at it, it is a spring loaded 'plate' (the switch) and the adjustment of the each pieces allows it to fall on one of three steps (think of a staircase). Obviously it cannot jump up one. you have to just take a little pressure off it, to the 'plate' can fall back to the 'firmest' setting.

That is so funny about the screw. I never could figure out what the purpose was when I had them. I though maybe the used it for service, like for some 4th dimensional repair that was not visible to my eyes.

May 24, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #9 of 14
Has anyone unscrewed it?
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #10 of 14
Uhmm yeah it does absolutley NOTHING. It's apparently a show thing.... To make it look more well-built than it acctually is. And at the local shop, they said your warranty was voided if you unscrewed it o_0 i do apologize if my english was incorrect, due to the fact that i am swedish and 14 years old. Hope this information helped! any questions, please ask! :3

Sep 2, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #11 of 14
Sep 2, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:
Uhmm yeah it does absolutley NOTHING. It's apparently a show thing.... To make it look more well-built than it acctually is. And at the local shop, they said your warranty was voided if you unscrewed it o_0 i do apologize if my english was incorrect, due to the fact that i am swedish and 14 years old. Hope this information helped! any questions, please ask! :3

Koss warranty is life-time no questions asked. You could mash it, peel it, stick it in a stew, and then ship it back to Koss Co. for replacement and they'll comply.

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #13 of 14
Do the "temporal" pads rest on anyone's head?  There is a gap of about 1/4" between my head and the pads no matter how I adjust the headphones.  I think I have a pretty "normal" shaped head.  It seems to me that the design of the pads is flaky at best.  Comments??

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:
Do the "temporal" pads rest on anyone's head?  There is a gap of about 1/4" between my head and the pads no matter how I adjust the headphones.  I think I have a pretty "normal" shaped head.  It seems to me that the design of the pads is flaky at best.  Comments??

Mine rest on my head at all positions, but most lightly on the "light" setting (as I would expect). I also like the overall sound quality better (also the fit) on the light or med settings best...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back