Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Jul 10, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #317 of 1,439
Quote:
Gotta give it time man! I felt the same way when I first listened to mine. They grew on me over the course of a week.

Oh man while I was reading that I thought you were gonna start on some **** about burning them in lol...
Nah I'll keep em' as a back up/extra pair.
Also Koss is sending me another pair of PortaPros with a shipping label to send my defective ones back... might keep the defective ones and just keep the KSC75 drivers on them... should I feel bad about wanting to do that?

Jul 11, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #320 of 1,439
Should I be concerned about buying the KSC75s from Amazon, other than perhaps the delivery time?

International shipping from Amazon still comes out at around half the price that I can find these available locally. If anyone has any experience with ordering Koss from Amazon it would be great to get some insight.

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #321 of 1,439
I just bought some from Amazon earlier this week to replace an older pair that I ruined while doing the Kramer mod.  The ones from Amazon looked legit and they sound great ( and I didn't screw the drilling this time!).

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #323 of 1,439
I got my fake px200 pads yesterday from China, it really fills out the bottom end nicely definately worth the $3.69 shipped.

Any more recommendations on mods?  I think I'm maxed out
Kramer mod
Parts Express Headband
recable with free Toxic Cables Scorpion wire
PX200 pads

Jul 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #324 of 1,439
Looks like you're all up to date!

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #326 of 1,439
I got my fake px200 pads yesterday from China, it really fills out the bottom end nicely definately worth the $3.69 shipped.

Any more recommendations on mods?  I think I'm maxed out
Kramer mod
Parts Express Headband
recable with free Toxic Cables Scorpion wire
PX200 pads

You can add impedance with an adapter (supposedly makes them more neutral), but otherwise yeah you're maxed out.

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #328 of 1,439
Marginally off-topic, but have Koss changed the PortaPros at all in the past two years or so?

I ordered a pair 22 months ago now, and recently kramer mod'd them and put some reversed HD414 pads on, thought they sound pretty sweet. Mother tried them and ended up ordering a new pair, arrived in the post today. Took them out of the box to get a bit of a comparison between the two modded and original, and while mine have more treble and mid response as well as a slightly larger sound stage the bass on the new pair sounds a lot more precise, more controlled and has more punch to it.

So, is this as a result of my mods or have there been some changes to the KSC35 drivers recently?

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #329 of 1,439
I've owned and auditioned a lot of stuff, including many TOTL iems.  While the modded ksc75 isnt' a giant killer in detail retrieval, articulation, separation and imaging, they are so tonally good I can't stop reaching for them and that's no Barbara Streisand. I stop analyzing and just enjoy the music.

My wife, who can't give a moments care about my hobby, wants a pair.  The combination of light weight, ease of putting on and off, and the great tonal quality of sound got her instantly.

Next, I'm going to experiment with some impedance adapters to see if there is sweet spot of smoothness, tonality and musicality better than what I have been experiencing so far.  I have a pair with 47 ohms resistance built in to the mod on the way to compare to my current pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back