Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Aug 4, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #1,096 of 1,439
10331272.jpg

My very own KSC75 Pro TWS. More detail here.

Aug 6, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #1,097 of 1,439
I have used my KSC75 with headband almost exclusively since I got them and they're currently my favourite headphone purely for enjoyment, comfort and convenience. I can't stress enough how good that combination is, and so cheap as well.

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #1,098 of 1,439
I have used my KSC75 with headband almost exclusively since I got them and they're currently my favourite headphone purely for enjoyment, comfort and convenience. I can't stress enough how good that combination is, and so cheap as well.
Same here. I've sold a bunch of other headphones I've had over the years and have auditioned a ton of so-called "better" headphones, but always come back to these.

I don't like the Parts Express headband though. You know those little black beads on the sides of the headband? They keep falling off (for me anyway!). I've just lost another one. Also, it seems like the Parts Express headband is made of cheaper plastic than it was before (at least the newer ones are). I also have a headband from those older Soundlab orange-foamed headphones and that headband felt more sturdy. It's shaped identical to the Parts Express one, but was bought many years ago.

There have been a few community attempts at 3D printing their own headband. I'm hoping other members can create something that will eventually better the Parts Express one :)

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #1,099 of 1,439
Same here. I've sold a bunch of other headphones I've had over the years and have auditioned a ton of so-called "better" headphones, but always come back to these.

I don't like the Parts Express headband though. You know those little black beads on the sides of the headband? They keep falling off (for me anyway!). I've just lost another one. Also, it seems like the Parts Express headband is made of cheaper plastic than it was before (at least the newer ones are). I also have a headband from those older Soundlab orange-foamed headphones and that headband felt more sturdy. It's shaped identical to the Parts Express one, but was bought many years ago.

There have been a few community attempts at 3D printing their own headband. I'm hoping other members can create something that will eventually better the Parts Express one :)
I've yet to have any problems with the Parts Express headband, but it's still early days.
I have a Grado SR80E, an ATH-M40, Sennheiser Momentum, AKG Y50 and a Portapro but I'm using the headbanded KSC75 instead of any of those.

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #1,100 of 1,439
It's been about a decade since I've logged back on here on hf and it's a pleasure to see the love, appreciation, new ideas/mods for the ksc75 still continue.

I haven't really been following the audio scene in awhile but I can tell you a few Koss models including the ksc75 have been my go-to headphones for over a decade now. I must have at least 3 or 4 new unopened circa 2007ish ksc75 packages and one new in box ksc35 when they were still made in the USA. All bought from the time I frequented hf many years ago, I'm still nuts for Koss!

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #1,101 of 1,439
It's been about a decade since I've logged back on here on hf and it's a pleasure to see the love, appreciation, new ideas/mods for the ksc75 still continue.

I haven't really been following the audio scene in awhile but I can tell you a few Koss models including the ksc75 have been my go-to headphones for over a decade now. I must have at least 3 or 4 new unopened circa 2007ish ksc75 packages and one new in box ksc35 when they were still made in the USA. All bought from the time I frequented hf many years ago, I'm still nuts for Koss!
Thats awesome, and I really admire your restraint! A decade! They really are a great brand though.

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #1,102 of 1,439
looks hideous but gives me joy :L3000:

20190813_180559.jpg

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #1,103 of 1,439
looks hideous but gives me joy :L3000:

Nice! To be honest the KSC75 is never going to win any beauty contests, but when cheap headphones sound this good who cares what they look like?
Mine are on a Parts Express headband and sound amazing plugged into my iPod Classic. They are my go-to "at home" headphone.

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #1,105 of 1,439
Has anyone tried the Sportapro? I'm tempted to get it so that I have the "full set".

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #1,106 of 1,439
Has anyone tried the Sportapro? I'm tempted to get it so that I have the "full set".

Yeah, they sound pretty good, similar to the portapro. They use the 60 ohm driver that doesn't have the layer of titanium, more of a darker sound, more bassy.

another bigtime hidden gem are these Ford headphones, they use the same driver as the porta/sportapro and imo are a bit more comfortable, and you get two for the lesser cost of one sportapro, if you look around.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #1,107 of 1,439

I use both the ksc75's and the sportapro's on the PE headband. The Sportapro's have more bass. Me like.

Yeah, they sound pretty good, similar to the portapro. They use the 60 ohm driver that doesn't have the layer of titanium, more of a darker sound, more bassy.

another bigtime hidden gem are these Ford headphones, they use the same driver as the porta/sportapro and imo are a bit more comfortable, and you get two for the lesser cost of one sportapro, if you look around.
s-l1600.jpg

Interesting. One of my sportapro drivers is doing the bass death rattle, so I might try the above (if I can find them - no luck so far).

Aug 14, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #1,108 of 1,439
I use both the ksc75's and the sportapro's on the PE headband. The Sportapro's have more bass. Me like.

Interesting. One of my sportapro drivers is doing the bass death rattle, so I might try the above (if I can find them - no luck so far).

I dont think Koss makes them anymore for Ford. Check fleaBay, plenty of them at 2 for $19.99 free ship in US.

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #1,109 of 1,439
I ordered the Sportapro, it should be here tomorrow. :)

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #1,110 of 1,439

s-l1600.jpg

Looks interesting. I remember some people talking about these Ford headphones. Good for those in the States. The shipping charges elsewhere would kill the deal.

For those not in the States and want something similar with a headband, I'd recommend getting the KTXPro1s or the KPH30i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back