Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Jul 22, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #679 of 1,437
Got the parts express already. And the porta pro. I like both. I also like the clips. Slightly more distance from the ear. I also have these pads I got from a Lufthansa flight. The headphones they loan out. The give you pads in sealed bags. Grabbed a few bags. Really good sound.

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #680 of 1,437
I really liked the Koss Porta Pro which is a great headphone especially fot that low price. I am considering to buy the KSC75 for the gym and cycling. Could you recommend them in terms of wearing comfort during crunches, situps and so on? What about the noise isolation? I knew that they are quite open but does the other people in the gym hear what the KSC75 is playing?
I would really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

Jul 24, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #681 of 1,437
I'll go out on a limb and say that, initially, the porta pros were and are confusingly similar to my hd600's however after long listening sessions and about a year with both, I'll say the 600's do a better job for me overall, but I have had plenty of great sessions with just the sportapros, and portapros coming from my stereo with some Frank Sinatra or Classical lp's. Beautiful. Love hearing strings with them.

That's either very high praise for the portapro's or it speaks to how overrated the senn 600's are. Or both?

The portapro's retail between $25 and $50. The 600's are upwards of $300+. 

Portapro's are a very fun pair of headphones, but I have a tough time picking 'em over the headbanded 75's. 

Actually, the s/portapro's sound pretty stellar with just a tiny bit of EQ work on itunes. 

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #683 of 1,437
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I would hope the 600's are noticeably better: they cost an additional $300 above the portapro's list.

I'm curious about the SQ of the 600's but not so curious I'd want to drop $350 + $150 an amp.

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #684 of 1,437
  Ah, thanks for the clarification. I would hope the 600's are noticeably better: they cost an additional $300 above the portapro's list.

I'm curious about the SQ of the 600's but not so curious I'd want to drop $350 + $150 an amp.

Buy used, save dollars, be happy
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #685 of 1,437
I bought mine very slightly used with extras for $250. I use them with my stereo mostly. Lps mostly. They came with hd650 cable, quarter inch adaptor, and headphone stand (cable and stand are for sale)

Aug 4, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #687 of 1,437
If anyone is interested and uses a mophie case on their iphone. The plug on this version of the ksc75 will fit. If you see this box, you're good.

I got bored and decided to buy a pair of designer portapro's in black off the 'bay.

I knew there was a good chance that they were fakes, but the cool colors and low price lured me in anyway.

I was regretting the purchase and pretty much knew they were fakes as soon as I opened the box. The headphone band reeked off a strong chemical odor. 

However, once I listened to them, I'll be darned! They sound quite a bit like actual portapros! I clipped the drivers onto a partsexpress headband and the combo sounds very good with the Fiio X5!

I'm keeping them. I can't recommend them, but I'm keeping them.

Oh, and they come with a straight plug. :)

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #688 of 1,437

I got bored and decided to buy a pair of designer portapro's in black off the 'bay.

I knew there was a good chance that they were fakes, but the cool colors and low price lured me in anyway.

I was regretting the purchase and pretty much knew they were fakes as soon as I opened the box. The headphone band reeked off a strong chemical odor. 

However, once I listened to them, I'll be darned! They sound quite a bit like actual portapros! I clipped the drivers onto a partsexpress headband and the combo sounds very good with the Fiio X5!

I'm keeping them. I can't recommend them, but I'm keeping them.

Oh, and they come with a straight plug. :)

I got one of those a couple of years ago and did every test possible, even checked their ohms and they are a clone of the real ones.

Aug 19, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #689 of 1,437
Sears and Kmart usually carry these, I recommended them to some people standing by the headphones...........not sure if they actually bought um, probably not, always seems like nobody ever follows advice people give them
popcorn.gif

Aug 21, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #690 of 1,437
By the way. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=131493857855
These are the same as the parts express headbands. He'll accept an offer of $2. Shipping is cheaper the PE. Save a few bucks. Not affiliated.

These also. http://www.lynnscorp.com/mini-stereo-lightweight-headphones-with-3-feet-cord/

Looks like the same seller

Users who are viewing this thread

Back