KOSS ESP-950 Thread
Aug 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #361 of 4,052
Wow, wow, wow. Just got our new ESP950s today.

Love the light headset & amp—perfect for portability. We'll definitely be taking these on remotes.

Been listening to a number of our own recordings tonight. Very pleased with the sound right out of the box. Have not compared head to head with our other phones, but what we hear takes us right back to the halls where we recorded.

Fantastic phones, highly recommended. Made in USA! Lifetime warranty!

Thanks to everyone on Head-Fi who posted comments on these phones. I think we read them all before purchasing.

Best regards,

Bob

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #363 of 4,052
I have been enjoying them allot, they are a true bargain. Give me an plastic headphone any day of the week, these are super lighty comfortable.
I wonder if with other amp than the stock one it would perform even better than already does.

Aug 24, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #364 of 4,052
Yep they are really comfortable.  I had not thought of the amp as being portable, but that's right, it can run off batteries.  That  could come in handy, could also use the Koss amp to listen to Stax headphones on a remote etc with the proper adapter.

Yep there's a good value in the ESP-950, especially if you get a good deal on a set. They sound good on their own, they sound good on Stax amps, and you can also use the Koss amp for Stax headphones -pro bias ones only of course, and you need a plug / cable adapter.

I also like the Koss Lifetime Warranty.  

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #366 of 4,052
Quote:
Yep they are really comfortable.  I had not thought of the amp as being portable, but that's right, it can run off batteries.  That  could come in handy, could also use the Koss amp to listen to Stax headphones on a remote etc with the proper adapter.

Yep there's a good value in the ESP-950, especially if you get a good deal on a set. They sound good on their own, they sound good on Stax amps, and you can also use the Koss amp for Stax headphones -pro bias ones only of course, and you need a plug / cable adapter.

I also like the Koss Lifetime Warranty.  

was thinking the same thing , so experts.. its not harmful to stax headphone if i use the e90 to drive my stax HPs ? (as E90 is 600V compared to 580 for stax pro )

I understand that other amps will certainly be an improvement over the E90 , but i just wanted to try.

One more thing how do we get the Koss 5 pin connectors ? ( to make adapter)

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #367 of 4,052
was thinking the same thing , so experts.. its not harmful to stax headphone if i use the e90 to drive my stax HPs ? (as E90 is 600V compared to 580 for stax pro )

I understand that other amps will certainly be an improvement over the E90 , but i just wanted to try.

It should be fine, but if someone wants to disagree, I'm all ears.

One more thing how do we get the Koss 5 pin connectors ? ( to make adapter)

Order Koss extension cable for the ESP/950 - you have to call them. It's like $13 and you get one male and one female connector (plus something like 6' of headphone cable).

Aug 24, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #368 of 4,052
Quote:
connector (plus something like 6' of headphone cable).

i thought they dint sell it as it was not listed on their website. ( and i did not want to cut my only extension cable, that came with the system)
If they do sell then its all good , will contact them and get the extension cable then.

Thanks for the answers :D

Aug 25, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #371 of 4,052
Quote:

i thought they dint sell it as it was not listed on their website. ( and i did not want to cut my only extension cable, that came with the system)
If they do sell then its all good , will contact them and get the extension cable then.

Yep they sell them, but only over the phone. The parts department sells them.  Their phone number is 1-800-872-5677

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #373 of 4,052

As Milosz said, and as I forgot to mention, you have to call their 1-800# - but I did see they now ship worldwide (it's on their front page). If you e-mail them they will respond and tell you this much. :xf_eek:

Yeah, better make that clear. 

+1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back