KOSS A250 from KOSS eBay thread
Jun 15, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #376 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I was thinking about dropping an A130 driver into an SR80 earcup...

That would be harsh as hell - it would, I'm guessing, sound just like the defoamed, dedamped 250 I took a photo of (though I suppose if you got it flat against the ear you might get a more even sound).

Jun 15, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #377 of 701
Quote:

Very comfey. At first I thought the headband was a little hard, but not any more.

I dont know how to word this... but the earcups dont "swivel". You know how Grado users are always complaining about the twirling / spinning earcups?.... well the A250 has the opposite problem. Car analogy... imagine front end alignment... camber, caster and toe-in. IMHO the A250 could use a little more toe-out angle. I find the earpads exert more pressure on my temples than the skull area behind my ears. But thats relative to MY head shape.

I find the earcup angle a little off, so I have to tip the headband back a little so its more to the back of my head. Similar to how people wear the SA5k.

I think I know what you are referring to as far as the pressure is concerned. I think I had the exact same problem with my PX100. What I ended up doing was swapping the driver/housings so that I could wear it 'backwards'.

Jun 15, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #378 of 701
Quote:

I dont know how to word this... but the earcups dont "swivel". You know how Grado users are always complaining about the twirling / spinning earcups?.... well the A250 has the opposite problem.

I find that the Philips HP460 has the same problem, and would likely be the ideal sub-$50 closed portable cans if it didn't.

Jun 15, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #380 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by trum01
These A130s certainly look interesting ... hoping to read more impressions soon.
The 2 customer reviews on Amazon didnt seem to be very positive -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282

For a newbie, would these be a decent introduction to quality headphones?

I don't know if "quality" is exactly the right word.

They do sound very good, though
a250smile7tw.gif

Jun 15, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #381 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitewind
can anyone comment on the comfort of these phones?

The most comfortable can I have. Definately beats my HF-1 (very little clamping force, being bent out so much, w/ flats), because they don't sit on your ear. They beat my K601 because they have less clamping force. The only thing that could make these any bit better would be to replace the pleather pads with velour.

Lightweight.
Light clamping force.
Soft pads.

Jun 16, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #384 of 701
Jun 16, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #386 of 701
I came upon it with 3 minutes left, the only thing I could find on them in time was a epinions review that said they were worse than the HD285, so I let them be.

Jun 16, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #387 of 701
I got my A130s! I had a listen to them with my Headsave Transit (META42) from the LINE-OUT of my Philips Aurilium and they sounded TERRIBLE!!! The bass and the mids were very thin. I switched over to the HEADPHONE-OUT w/o the amp and they sounded much better. Could it be just a bad combination? Overall, I don't think I'm satisfied with the A130 initially. At this point, I think the KSC-75's sound far better. However, I'll let it burn in overnight and see if anything changes
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #388 of 701
Woody earcups would be pretty sexual, especially if you made them a little smaller than the massive stock cups.

I wish I had the time and skills to build a nice new home for these great drivers. I'm already thinking about how I might be able to add some extra foam padding or something to mellow out those highs a little more... Any suggestions?

Jun 16, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #389 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by prona
I got my A130s! I had a listen to them with my Headsave Transit (META42) from the LINE-OUT of my Philips Aurilium and they sounded TERRIBLE!!! The bass and the mids were very thin. I switched over to the HEADPHONE-OUT w/o the amp and they sounded much better. Could it be just a bad combination? Overall, I don't think I'm satisfied with the A130 initially. At this point, I think the KSC-75's sound far better. However, I'll let it burn in overnight and see if anything changes
smily_headphones1.gif

Turn that bass up and let 'em roar for a while; they get much much better
(but boy are they bad out of the box)

Jun 16, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #390 of 701
Anyone think it's worth taking these apart and slapping on some Blu-Tak?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back