KOSS A250 from KOSS eBay thread
May 9, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #691 of 701
Does anyone have pictures of the A/130/250 driver? front and back if possible....

Thanks
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #692 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have pictures of the A/130/250 driver? front and back if possible....

Thanks
biggrin.gif

the drivers are different. There are pics somewhere in this massive thread... or was it another?, I forget.

The A130 driver is smaller in diameter, and the cans use an adapter ring to mount snap into the baffle. The A250 driver is bigger and uses no ring, with its driver epoxied to the baffle. The posts about A130 driver rattles are the result of a loose fitting adapter ring, and can be fixed with some hut melt glue or blue tack.

May 9, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #695 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
by the way, are those A250 drivers the sames as Pro4/AAT's ?

I dont think so, the 250 is ~60 ohms the Pro4 is much higher (~150 ohms) of memory serves me right.

May 9, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #696 of 701
And the Pro4 sounds a LOT darker than the A/250. The driver on a Pro4 is pretty much sealed too, driver and the enclosure.

I had the pleasure of powering my A/250's through both a Raptor and a B-52 this last weekend (before I broke a connecting clip grr...- now fixed).
Oh my lord, what a difference a good amp makes to these phones.
The bass is huge when properly amped.
I would rate them better than my MS1s when given a good amp.
(I actually preferred them to some Sennhieser 650's there).

Now all i need is a spare $1200 or so for a Raptor
rolleyes.gif

May 9, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #697 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the Pro4 sounds a LOT darker than the A/250. The driver on a Pro4 is pretty much sealed too, driver and the enclosure.

I had the pleasure of powering my A/250's through both a Raptor and a B-52 this last weekend (before I broke a connecting clip grr...- now fixed).
Oh my lord, what a difference a good amp makes to these phones.
The bass is huge when properly amped.
I would rate them better than my MS1s when given a good amp.
(I actually preferred them to some Sennhieser 650's there).

Now all i need is a spare $1200 or so for a Raptor
rolleyes.gif

QFT... Plug the A250 into a PPX slam
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

May 9, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #698 of 701
I tried them with a PPX Extreme (I think that's what it was - it had a big round black lump on the top), but i preferred the Raptor. Sounded more lively to my shonky old ears.

Either way, amp these phones to the max! I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat, just for backup!

May 9, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #699 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Either way, amp these phones to the max! I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat, just for backup!

Amen! Since I've gone planar, they're the only full-size dynamics I'm determined to keep around. I love that people are still selling them for forty or fifty bucks on the fs forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back