Korean "Style Audio" Headphone Amp
May 31, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #46 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by trungkien978 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am living in U.S. and using Ruby too, it has no problems, i think Ruby has a very nicer p/p than Emerald or Topaz

What's P/P (or was that just your attempt to get me to say pp
biggrin.gif
)?

Jun 10, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #47 of 53
Hi have a Styleaudio HD1v that I use without ac adaptor, I wonder if using with AC would have any benefit on sound? anyone has tried? Anyway I am quite pleased with the sound now.

Also I was considering buying the ruby, as here in Japan there is no official distributor so I have no option but to buy internationally. Anyone knows how big is the improvement from styleaudio HD1v to ruby?

Jan 25, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #50 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ruby is only for korean, topaz is for outside korea

yes but how does their amp sections compare,, i would assume that their dacs are probably identical,, but stranger things have happened. i was reading the thread and apparently some member are using the ruby inside the u.s..??

thanks for the help

Jan 25, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #51 of 53
they are stupid i think
Quote:

CARAT-RUBY was designed by unique Korean electric specification (220V, 60Hz) for Korean end-users and we only launched in Korean market with this information. Even though many countries are using 220V, but the its frequency is 50Hz in the most countries. Styleaudio does not recommend to use RUBY under the different voltage and freqency. Different frequency may give stress to the unit and it can be a problem. However we recently knew that some non-authorized grey importer and non-authorized on-line stores are selling CARAT-RUBY to the end-users in their countries. As we announced about the possibility of troubles due to the different electric power in their countries, we are informing again that it is out of our guarantee.Firstly check your contry's electric specification and if it is not 220V & 60Hz, DO NOT BUY CARAT-RUBY.

As explained above, CARAT-RUBY was designed by Korean unique electric specification and we provided in the package Korean power adapter only approved by Korean regulation. Therefore CARAT-RUBY may have a possibility to make a problem if it is used in other places outside of Korea, where have different power electric specification. With this reason, we already made a warning of “NOT USE OUTSIDE of KOREA” for CARAT-RUBY. Styleaudio do not guarantee on this case and will not make any after-service for the sold units outside of Korea.

If you are interested in RUBY, we recommend TOPAZ, which is born with better speicifiation & performance from RUBY's experience. TOPAZ are suitable to universal poswer specification. See the other post for the details of TOPAZ.

Feb 14, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #52 of 53
I am currently using Ruby and it works just fine
one thing i am doubting is whether the difference voltages makes the amp section doesn't work efficiently, because it doesn't sound much different (to me) w/ and w/o carat while listening with Denon D2000 (it still sounds great though, just not much bass sometimes)

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #53 of 53
Hi guys, I just got the new version of carat-ruby aka carat ruby mk2, Out of the box I can fell improved bass response (more precise) than with my previous carat-ruby (talking about the rca output not the headphone amp).

Also the new mk2 supports 24bit input from usb. the usb controler has changed for a tenor 7022L, I think this is the same one that Dr dac uses. Also the opams of the rca outputs have been changed.

The pc recognizes it as an ASIO device in opposition to the original carat ruby that appear as generic usb device.

http://styleaudio.typepad.com/styleaudio_hifi_usb_mini_/2010/05/2010-new-caratruby2.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back