KOJO KM01-BRASS : With a (32Ω) 20mW +20 mW impression and appreciation thread
Feb 13, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #166 of 281
Hi CHG,

Is Kojo versatile enough for different genre of music? Say Metal or Electronic music?

Thanks!

Ko Jo is very good for jazz .audiophile and classical music. For Metal and electronics is good .
Maybe CHG can share more about Ko Jo for Metal and Electronic music.
I hear seldom so kind of Metal and Electronic music
IMO

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #167 of 281
Hi i see this beuatiful boutique amp leans more on the warm side with lush mid and silky smooth sound that works well for slow and early music.
Electronic and metal are two very broad genere that would be better suited to use a more versatile amp like RSA, ibasso..

IMHO

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #168 of 281
Thanks, Rudi....

Just back from Tokyo... and picked up a used Kojo KM01-brass... was trying to get Wagnus either the blue or red knob version but all on backordered for 1-2 months... so I picked up their jumper instead....also a pair of Flat4-Kuro.....I asked for a pair of Kaede and the sales guy looked at me like I was an idiot and explained "limited edition...."

So far loving the KM01 sound, thanks for bringing this amp to my attention....

when I went to e-earphone (had to queue up to go there becos of some special sales).... I demo the MH335dw and realized the demo was really comfortable...  I found a pair of used 335DW.... and not expensive... I tried them on and found that they also fit my ears....... and they sound obviously better than my TG334 ..... really unbelievable.... so I thought what the hell.... bought them also....and a used 000.....

I was traveling with family and friends so had to sneak in and out ninja style... hit the Tower records in Shibuya and I am all satisfied... the only regret was did not have time for Disk Union..... well.... until next time....

How does the SQ of Kojo paired with dx50?

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #170 of 281
How does the SQ of Kojo paired with dx50?

The best pairing so far for me is actually X3 mod... because of its distinctive refined and warm forward mid... the DX50 cannot provide the detail as much as the X3....

I have compared DX50, HM901, X3mod and DB2. I will try and hookup X5 more...

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #180 of 281
The base Plate is left unpolished to show the normal wear and tear.

Very nice pictures sutjahjo
You must take care , every time after you touch the brass body , you should wipe directly with camera lens cleaner soft cloth , than you have the beauty like out the box .
For extreme care use cloth to touch the brass body :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back