KOJO KM01-BRASS : With a (32Ω) 20mW +20 mW impression and appreciation thread
Feb 11, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #151 of 281
Wow. Thank you Rudi.
Very impressive! Better in every way, right out of the box?
These Japanese amps are amazing.

Didn't you say somewhere that you tried to take out the internals from the original brass edition and they sound not as good?

Would you say that the housing (brass) vs the painted one make the difference in sound?

One last thing:
Would you say the Blue Kojo 5%, 10% better?

Thank you

These Ko Jo Tsugaru exactly use the same Brass body
I guess they use selected or different spare parts , that can make the Sound quality different not only the housing in brass

My friend did it , he took out the pcb board out from the brass housing , the Sq was so thin

The red and the blue has different sound signature ,my blue one more detail and better clarity and overall more balance sounding amp
That's why I choose the Blue Edition
The red edition has more weight in the bass region but less clarity , I like clarity and balance sound quality

IMO

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #154 of 281
Great stuff Rudi!

What tickled me was how could it be they have three different sound signatures from the original brass, blue and red kojo.
Even the ultra special edition / limited edition have no description of their aound signature

Feb 12, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #155 of 281
Great stuff Rudi!

What tickled me was how could it be they have three different sound signatures from the original brass, blue and red kojo.
Even the ultra special edition / limited edition have no description of their aound signature

This sound quality different is not only Ko Jo .every product like amps .iems .headphones from the same types have not the same sound quality.have always slightly different in sound quality.
They have all their house sound chararcter

The simple way please buy another favorite iem from the same type and you compare to your existhing ones.
Like me i bought shure se 215 le 3 times . I keep ones the best sq .the rest 2 i sold

IMO

Please share your opinion

Feb 12, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #156 of 281
Would it be possible that the gap between blue and the red sound character narrow down after a burn in process?

Assuming blue is the best of two, how's the red sound compared to the brass version Rudi? Is it better / worth upgrading?

Thanks!

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #157 of 281
I do agree with Rudi that there is a sound difference between the blue and the red tsugaru but IMPO, it is very very small and it narrows down to individual preference. The important thing is both made the sound silky smooth and I chose red for the serial number I prefer.

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #158 of 281
Would it be possible that the gap between blue and the red sound character narrow down after a burn in process?

Assuming blue is the best of two, how's the red sound compared to the brass version Rudi? Is it better / worth upgrading?

Thanks!

I do agree with Rudi that there is a sound difference between the blue and the red tsugaru but IMPO, it is very very small and it narrows down to individual preference. The important thing is both made the sound silky smooth and I chose red for the serial number I prefer.

The sq different between brass edition and Tsugaru edition is noticable.
Tsugaru edition like sutjahjo said is silky smooth with better clarity and better pronounce in already sweet midrange and cleaner bass region.

The upgrade is worth it . The important for me to upgrade is the sound quality improvement over the brass edition not only the design of art .

IMO

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #159 of 281
The sq different between brass edition and Tsugaru edition is noticable.
Tsugaru edition like sutjahjo said is silky smooth with better clarity and better pronounce in already sweet midrange and cleaner bass region.

The upgrade is worth it . The important for me to upgarde is the sound quality improvement over the brass edition not only the design of art .

IMO

Hey Rudi

Did you try to use your 335 with kojo brass before? I tried last nite with 435 and it was a bit too bright.... just wondering if you experienced similar..

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #160 of 281
Hey Rudi

Did you try to use your 335 with kojo brass before? I tried last nite with 435 and it was a bit too bright.... just wondering if you experienced similar..

C 435 is brighter than mh 335 dw .
What is your source to pair with your ko jo ?
My source was iphone 4 s with lod to mini
Mh 335 dw pair with my ko jo brass was very good .i havent try with Tsugaru . Because i am now not at home i will uodate by sunday

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #162 of 281
C 435 is brighter than mh 335 dw .
What is your source to pair with your ko jo ?
My source was iphone 4 s with lod to mini
Mh 335 dw pair with my ko jo brass was very good .i havent try with Tsugaru . Because i am now not at home i will uodate by sunday

It sounds very good with Parterre and TG334.... The only time I find bright was with C435... Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back