Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere:
Oct 3, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #391 of 1,681
That's how this needs to be done. No two ways about it now.

Someone in Australia (hopefully dontdiewondering) needs to gather the money, purchase 10 units, ship them over to another reliable source in USA who will send them out to the buyers.

Maybe you can even take them out of their packaging to save on package size using a small box.

Just put the cable / player /earbuds into lock tight bags.

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #392 of 1,681
I've just taken delivery of one of these... for a crappy bit of plastic the sound is just great. I'm playing 320mp3s and some FLAC through a pair of Fidelio M1s

I can't work out how to make my folders and files which are stored on the SD card appear in the all/music/album/artist lists under music though. Everything is there and playable via the file manager icon but only through that route.. I just get 'no files' if I try and access via the Music menu.

Any tips from other users?

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #393 of 1,681
  I've just taken delivery of one of these... for a crappy bit of plastic the sound is just great. I'm playing 320mp3s and some FLAC through a pair of Fidelio M1s

I can't work out how to make my folders and files which are stored on the SD card appear in the all/music/album/artist lists under music though. Everything is there and playable via the file manager icon but only through that route.. I just get 'no files' if I try and access via the Music menu.

Any tips from other users?

The album/artist/genre section is only associated with the internal memory (which Kogan has none).

You browse your music from the external directory list in folders. 

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #394 of 1,681
Look at the list of cooperators: kogan, ritmix, djix...AND MANY OTHERS. Maybe these companies rebranded the player we are looking for. I'll search and report.

Edit: I've just sent an email to DENVER http://www.denver-electronics.com/, since they have the oriver O2 model in their catalogue and asked for an O5 rebrand and worldwide shipping. Waiting for their reply.

Sent a message to (Intenso) too.

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #397 of 1,681
Gaah, my so want one of these!!!
frown.gif

You that have one, would you say it's loud compared to other players, phone, etc? Seeing people drive quite some gear with these without amp. and some with amp...

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #399 of 1,681
I tried look up all reviews I could find for Ritmix RF-7650 and there's far more people saying SQ is not good, than otherwise. People also say about "stuttering", does the Kogan have something of that sort? I think reason to believe the two have more differences than just radio and internal memory. Also didn't find a place to buy outside of Russia, so on my behalf that idea is scrapped. Can't bother with Djix either.

Oct 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #401 of 1,681
Gaah, my so want one of

You that have one, would you say it's loud compared to other players, phone, etc? Seeing people drive quite some gear with these without amp. and some with amp...

Kogan will drive my 100ohm ER4S and many full-size headphones within reason of their impedance, so yes, it goes loud, yes. More power than one would assume just from looking at it. I drive headphones with 3 meter cables hanging off it , loves it.

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #403 of 1,681
Yeah, I was like "meh" at first, thinking that we were looking at an RKnano or similar... FLAC, APE (at least in the hardware), SD-slot, a GUI so bad it makes my 8 year old Samsung YP-Z5 or iPod Nano look absolutely futuristic... The usual stuff.

Look at that board;

Quote:

You guys see what's strange about that board?
eek.gif

Oct 4, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #404 of 1,681
Got an answer from the Moderator and there is no chance of organising a group postage deal on head-fi. There still may be another way but it will take a few days to sort out the issues.
What have we missed in the picture? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back