Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere:
Nov 18, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #1,471 of 1,681
The other night I was trying to clean the player without actually opening it and sprayed some alcohol inside. Of course, some of it also fell in the back of the player and when I realized it, it was peeling off like one of the bad guys in the first Robocop movie.

I ended up peeling it all and in the end I had to actually open it and spray the on-off button to solve the false start syndrom. And then I lost the button. A couple of days later I found it and so far the player is doing well and has no issues. I guess next time I'll be more careful when spraying alcohol on something.

I don't think normally that alcohol hurts electronics, not like water anyway. As kids we used to play around with pouring rubbing alcohol onto transistor radios to see if they would still work and they did. I have to spray cologne into the on and off switch every week to keep my Kogan in form. It never hurts it. Still the Kogan does not have paint like that?:worried::worried:

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #1,472 of 1,681
I don't think normally that alcohol hurts electronics, not like water anyway. As kids we used to play around with pouring rubbing alcohol onto transistor radios to see if they would still work and they did. I have to spray cologne into the on and off switch every week to keep my Kogan in form. It never hurts it. Still the Kogan does not have paint like that?:worried::worried:

The electronics are fine Moose, don't worry. The rubbery cover just peeled away, that's all. Mine is a Rytmix branded player, I guess the true Kogan does not have the rubbery cover?

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #1,474 of 1,681
The electronics are fine Moose, don't worry. The rubbery cover just peeled away, that's all. Mine is a Rytmix branded player, I guess the true Kogan does not have the rubbery cover?

No, they do but don't do that with alcohol?

Cool it works.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #1,475 of 1,681

You were right about the Pistons, only I'm using the 3s. THX!

Dec 4, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #1,477 of 1,681
I will get the Newsmy A33 tomorrow guys and compare with Kogan /Ritmix so stay tuned. :wink:

Dec 5, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #1,481 of 1,681
Nice ozkan..........impression please

BTW what IC cable is that ....me likey

Well Newsmy A33 definitely sounds warmer, bassier than Ritmix while having almost the same detail retrieval. Sound signature is very close to Ritmix.

These are just out of box impressions. Will burn in for 50 hours and update my impressions.

It is Bocur Audio hybrid interconnect cable and my favorite one.

Here is his Ebay store link. You can also pm him. He can also make some custom cables for IEMs and headphones. His nick is @bocur.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=bocur&_pgn=1&isRefine=true

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #1,483 of 1,681
Those are VE (Venture Electronics) Monk. They are the best earbuds I've ever listened.

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #1,484 of 1,681
Those are VE (Venture Electronics) Monk. They are the best earbuds I've ever listened.

There was a time when all earbuds were supposed to be really bad and now that tendency is changing for good. Finally the little fellows are getting interest again. That's very good in my view.

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #1,485 of 1,681
Ozkan you listened newsmy with havi huh? where did you find them 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back