Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere:
Oct 1, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #346 of 1,681
Group buys are actually not allowed on Head-Fi, better take it to PM, email or somewhere else. 

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #348 of 1,681
Maybe we could untilize the skills of an international drug cartel to smuggle a larg amount of MP4 players out of the country.

They could be hidden in packages of common goods to bypass detection.:xf_eek:

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #350 of 1,681
If I remember correctly, the reason group buys are not allowed is they are typically done with the intent of driving prices down, which ultimately hurt the companies selling. This is closer to something like 10 people buying from a taobao agent.

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #351 of 1,681
If I remember correctly, the reason group buys are not allowed is they are typically done with the intent of driving prices down, which ultimately hurt the companies selling. This is closer to something like 10 people buying from a taobao agent.

Just a suggestion to everyone: no need to guess about what is allowed or not allowed to be posted, just go read the forum rules.

http://www.head-fi.org/atype/2/Rules_etc

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #352 of 1,681
Oh, I'm not guessing. I'm generally of the opinion intent is important. This is a circumstance where multiple people are voicing a desire for an inexpensive piece of equipment that unfortunately seems to be unobtainable outside of a particular area, and one member is willing to help. If there's any questions, I'd say contact Curra and seek clarification.

Oct 1, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #353 of 1,681
Oh, I'm not guessing. I'm generally of the opinion intent is important. This is a circumstance where multiple people are voicing a desire for an inexpensive piece of equipment that unfortunately seems to be unobtainable outside of a particular area, and one member is willing to help. If there's any questions, I'd say contact Curra and seek clarification.

This does seem like a situation where some clarification from a moderator would be helpful, absolutely. A lot of Head-Fi members, however, have never bothered to read the forum rules (or sometimes don't even know how to find them!), so I posted the link. Anyway, the Kogan looks like an interesting player, and I hope folks that want one are able to get one.

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #354 of 1,681
  I'd be willing to help distribute these at cost (which will get rid of the group buying rules). But give me a few days to figure this out...talking with Kogan which is another possibility to order direct. 

International shipping 
beerchug.gif

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #357 of 1,681
There are so many rules in life, but sometimes people need to be reasonable (not singling anyone out). And I agree Saoshyant in this case. 

We have a product that cannot be bought anywhere else except from Kogan in Australia. It's apparently a good product at a great price which should be shared with the community. We don't have a huge number of sellers which would have been affected by group buys, etc. But since everyone is paying full price anyway, this doesn't cause any problems that I can see. It only benefits the community by sharing great audio products. After all, isn't that what Head-fi is all about? - sharing each others' knowledge of great audio products and helping each other obtain such products. 

This is why I volunteered to help distribute at cost if someone were to order, and send these products to me in Canada. I will be happy to send these out to Canada and the US, but of course we have to think about shipping costs, etc. If we did this, then it removes the issues about the group buying rules. 

However, by us also saying that we'd do this, I feel that we are also breaking rules because Sponsors also have rules ya know :wink:! But to the mods, know that we are doing this for the community so I see no problem in what we are offering. 

Option #2: 

I'm talking with Kogan right now and it appears that we cannot order these products under their brand, and we can't order them directly from Australia. Probably due to the battery issue, amongst others. So depending on the MOQ which is always a concern, we could also bring these in and sell them under our own brand, but even better, we as the community could create a new name for the MP3 player possibly, maybe a new logo? Maybe a new colour? Who knows? Have to find out more. 

But what I'm getting at is that in this case, for such a low value item, I don't think we should have any problems with talking about this here. But if a mod says that my post is unacceptable, I will happily edit or delete my post. 

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #358 of 1,681
There are so many rules in life, but sometimes people need to be reasonable (not singling anyone out). And I agree Saoshyant in this case. 

We have a product that cannot be bought anywhere else except from Kogan in Australia. It's apparently a good product at a great price which should be shared with the community. We don't have a huge number of sellers which would have been affected by group buys, etc. But since everyone is paying full price anyway, this doesn't cause any problems that I can see. It only benefits the community by sharing great audio products. After all, isn't that what Head-fi is all about? - sharing each others' knowledge of great audio products and helping each other obtain such products. 

This is why I volunteered to help distribute at cost if someone were to order, and send these products to me in Canada. I will be happy to send these out to Canada and the US, but of course we have to think about shipping costs, etc. If we did this, then it removes the issues about the group buying rules. 

However, by us also saying that we'd do this, I feel that we are also breaking rules because Sponsors also have rules ya know :wink:! But to the mods, know that we are doing this for the community so I see no problem in what we are offering. 

Option #2: 

I'm talking with Kogan right now and it appears that we cannot order these products under their brand, and we can't order them directly from Australia. Probably due to the battery issue, amongst others. So depending on the MOQ which is always a concern, we could also bring these in and sell them under our own brand, but even better, we as the community could create a new name for the MP3 player possibly, maybe a new logo? Maybe a new colour? Who knows? Have to find out more. 

But what I'm getting at is that in this case, for such a low value item, I don't think we should have any problems with talking about this here. But if a mod says that my post is unacceptable, I will happily edit or delete my post. 

Good call ....cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back