Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware
Nov 12, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #76 of 256
I have just updated!
1) So far noticed that charge is being out quickly...
If I'm not mistaken, the best beta was 3d one in the sense of battery life.
2) Before second reboot:
a) Finally!!! DSD Tracks starts to be playing. :D So happy!! First time in 5 months!! 
b) Rewinding does not work at all. It is impossible to manage the time of the song played - only current one is enabled. (you can't go back or forward during playing)
After reboot, DSD tracks are not played again and I'm allowed to scroll during the play((
3) the speed of downloading on internal storage is around 7.29-7.49 mb/s. Sure it is better than it was.  

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #79 of 256
For what it's worth; FiiO is still communicating with me in regard to my 3.0.6 beta problems which included a crashed FiiO player and the inability to connect to Google Play. I told them I will not try 3.0.7 but will hold onto 3.0.6 until gapless or a more major update is offered.

I am a Tidal user and not having offline music on a external SD is a pain when updating. The X7 produces a sweet sound on 3.0.6. I have installed Neutron 1.91.1 for my Hi Res music. I happen to like the AIMP flac player but it produces loud hiss when played now but worked on FW 2. The AIMP is a quality list player and would be curious if others have same troubles.

I am a new FiiO owner and would think if FiiO has been producing quality products since 2007 they would not introduce a beta that is not completely equal to its firmware predecessor. Having skilled programmers and copywriters knowledgeable in the languages they offer goes without saying.

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #82 of 256
Are dad/dsf files playing at the correct sample rate in Neutron? They either don't play in FiiO music or are downsampled when output through coax to an external DAC.

Hi,

I just made a few tests with Neutron but remember one setting "output" or something like that and inside there was a radio button with one single option: "48000" - maybe a Neutron limitation or some feature to unblock ?

My 2 cents

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #83 of 256
Are dad/dsf files playing at the correct sample rate in Neutron? They either don't play in FiiO music or are downsampled when output through coax to an external DAC.

I'm not using an external DAC, but I'll have to check if it's even playing at the proper sample rate anyway.

On a side note, is the x7 when used as a DAC for a PC able to play dsd/dsf? I had trouble with that earlier.

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #84 of 256
  I have just updated!
1) So far noticed that charge is being out quickly...
If I'm not mistaken, the best beta was 3d one in the sense of battery life.
2) Before second reboot:
a) Finally!!! DSD Tracks starts to be playing. :D So happy!! First time in 5 months!! 
b) Rewinding does not work at all. It is impossible to manage the time of the song played - only current one is enabled. (you can't go back or forward during playing)
After reboot, DSD tracks are not played again and I'm allowed to scroll during the play((
3) the speed of downloading on internal storage is around 7.29-7.49 mb/s. Sure it is better than it was.  

@RUFrost DSF is working for me, rewind and FF are ok as well, have you tried wiping several times to factory reset?
Am currently listening to Norah Jones and Sanatana in DSF, firmware is 3.0.7

I've also tried to reboot several times...no problems at all.
DSF were downloaded from Acoustic Sounds.

Nov 18, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #85 of 256
@RUFrost DSF is working for me, rewind and FF are ok as well, have you tried wiping several times to factory reset?

What app are you playing your dsf files from?

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #86 of 256

I made factory and cah reset couple times. BTW the factory reset shell is from FW 3.0.3. Btw this version was the most fitting for me.
Still no nof DSD tracks are played. I have a moment when somehow couple tracks of other users were able to be played, but after I connected ALO RX through LO - the sound disappeared.
I'm talking about Fiio music player - standard application, because I do not want to use other one. .iso files also are not supported, while in FW 2.0 I was able to play .dsf and .ddf tracks in Onkyo player and .iso in Hiby player. But it is too much problems to handle, you know? The standard Fiio application MUST support it all. 

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #87 of 256
So far in 3.0.8beta, play-through-folder functionality seems to have been restored and all previously non-playing DSD files I have are now working for me (including forward and rewind within tracks). If anybody has DSD files that still won't play, please pm me a sample.

Third-party app support (YouTube video, Amazon music streaming) is still sketchy. Gapless playback is still not officially supported, but it seems like it's almost there, with often nothing more than a click or a pop between tracks (which, with my am2, happens most times I hit play on a new track anyway).

Any other new problems? Any existing problems on the list that have been fixed?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back