Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware
Nov 6, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #61 of 256
Yes it will play purchased music, or music downloaded, it will not stream music from Prime Browse which works perfectly in FW2.0. I do not have any BT headphones so unable to confirm they connect.

logged into prime and streamed robbie williams ok, logged out and got 30sec samples of the others I tried

Nov 6, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #62 of 256
Some new bugs appeared on the new 3.0.6 firmware.

. After select a music touching on it I have a BIG lag to the music start to play and to the X7 become disponible.
. The problem with the VU Meter arent solved.
. Some problems to be recognized on some Windows PC
. Chinese letters continues on the names
. The Search function are not good, VERY lazy.

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #63 of 256
  Some new bugs appeared on the new 3.0.6 firmware.

. After select a music touching on it I have a BIG lag to the music start to play and to the X7 become disponible.
. The problem with the VU Meter arent solved.
. Some problems to be recognized on some Windows PC
. Chinese letters continues on the names

Agree with these bugs.

For the playback lag I find that it is worse on files that have been downsampled, e.g. original file is 24/96 WAV and I downsample it to 16/48.

Chinese letters shown in the title of the song name. So the meta tag of the file could have the song name in alphabets but in rare instances I get Chinese characters instead. 

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #65 of 256
I have been communicating with FiiO support with several beta issues and would like to know if others had same particularly with my item 1. I flashed twice on the recommendations of support. 1) In all cases I cannot connect with Google Play or use the built-in browser, WiFi works fine and Tidal. My last flash was from 3.0.3 then 3.0.6

2) Although Tidal is my most frequented player the FiiO player works only a short time after flash then later when play is attempted it say it has an exception and will exit. When FiiO was playing it displayed the track name in a jerking scrolling motion.

More) Yes, generally unreadable text and obvious unreadable text on the previous screen window and others. Yes, misspelled English, "Cancel" is the correct spelling. Yes, system update page says Your system is up to date. Last checked on 1/1/1970. Generally the tactile operation is slow to touchy and not smooth, even with animations disable. Yes, gapless playback is gone. My Lang Lang Rachmaninoff is useless.   

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #66 of 256
I have been communicating with FiiO support with several beta issues and would like to know if others had same particularly with my item 1. I flashed twice on the recommendations of support. 1) In all cases I cannot connect with Google Play or use the built-in browser, WiFi works fine and Tidal. My last flash was from 3.0.3 then 3.0.6

2) Although Tidal is my most frequented player the FiiO player works only a short time after flash then later when play is attempted it say it has an exception and will exit. When FiiO was playing it displayed the track name in a jerking scrolling motion.

More) Yes, generally unreadable text and obvious unreadable text on the previous screen window and others. Yes, misspelled English, "Cancel" is the correct spelling. Yes, system update page says Your system is up to date. Last checked on 1/1/1970. Generally the tactile operation is slow to touchy and not smooth, even with animations disable. Yes, gapless playback is gone. My Lang Lang Rachmaninoff is useless.   

I've had no problem using Google play or other Google services on any of the 3.0.x betas.

The scrolling of long track names was a problem, but this has been fixed in 3.0.6beta. There are still some stability issues with the FiiO music app, such as issues with characters in track titles either not displaying properly, or causing the application to exit. In my experience, you have to be very careful with your track names and metadata, and make sure you don't leave any hidden system files in your folders or sub-directories.

Gapless is not officially supported, but the default gap between tracks is much smaller in 3.0.6beta than it used to be.

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #69 of 256
on 3.0.6 - I was creating my favorites playlist then i shutdown my X7. When i turned it on - the X7 goes through all the songs in my playlist automatically - switching from one song to another in a matter of 1-2 seconds each and it's not playing anything, it seems that the player has a mind of its own. Reboot and cleared cache several times and it's the same issue - I totally can't use the X7

I give up. flashing over to FW2.0 and won't be participating in beta test anymore. too tired of this @#$(&, i worry too much when i should be enjoying my music instead! will just wait for the stable 3.X firmware.

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #71 of 256
  on 3.0.6 - I was creating my favorites playlist then i shutdown my X7. When i turned it on - the X7 goes through all the songs in my playlist automatically - switching from one song to another in a matter of 1-2 seconds each and it's not playing anything, it seems that the player has a mind of its own. Reboot and cleared cache several times and it's the same issue - I totally can't use the X7

I give up. flashing over to FW2.0 and won't be participating in beta test anymore. too tired of this @#$(&, i worry too much when i should be enjoying my music instead! will just wait for the stable 3.X firmware.

Just made the same decision!

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #72 of 256
Nov 7, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #73 of 256

Hi @karloil probably you know/verified that but that's the behaviour when songs on playlist can't access de files. For example you created a playlist with songs from card A and then switch cards - the playlist remains there but the link is broken and when trying to play that's exactly what it does...

My 2 cents

Nov 7, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #74 of 256
Hi @karloil
 probably you know/verified that but that's the behaviour when songs on playlist can't access de files. For example you created a playlist with songs from card A and then switch cards - the playlist remains there but the link is broken and when trying to play that's exactly what it does...

My 2 cents

But i didn't changed cards - so that's already a huge question don't you think? Rebooted and cleared cache for don't know how many times and the issue is still there.

But yeah, giving up on this and will enjoy my music instead...

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #75 of 256
So, we're now up to 3.0.7beta and this one seems to have fixed a few minor issues. Below is my best effort at translating the fixes:

1. Increased number of CUE folder tracks.
2. Fixed an issue where switching to pure music mode could wipe the song library.
3. Fixed an issue where WAV / ISO track playback could cause abnormal exit.
4. Improved stability of Bluetooth output.
5. Fixed the closure of USB debugging.
6. Fixed a lock screen issue connected with poweroff timeout.
7. Fixed the crash with toggling Bluetooth from within the FiiO music app.
8. Fixed Bluetooth abnormal exit/crash problem.
9. Fixed an issue with folder sort and screen interface inconsistency.
10. Fixed an issue where track names with "=" or "@" would fail to display.
11. Improved built-in storage transfer speed.
12. Optimized compatability for Thai songs.
13. Optimized folder jump function.
14. Modification to the status bar FiiO Music display icon.
15. The SD card and internal memory are now correctly labeled in English.
16. Miscellaneous bug fixes. 

I've noticed one new issue with this firmware, which is that the play-through folders option no longer works (not even intermittently or erroneously, i.e., jumping to the wrong folder). With the Play-Through-Folders option on, playback reverts back to the beginning of the current folder - it never moves to the next folder.

Some DSD files are still playing but producing no sound output.

Please let me have your feedback on this one folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back