Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware
Sep 7, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #241 of 256
I use my X7 just as usual player to listen music on the standard Fiio Music player. On 3.3.2 it works well, no bugs detected. Blue theme is the fastest, 2 others are very beautiful, but are slower a little bit. I will recommend to all who use Fiio x7 as a DAP to upgrade to the last version of FW.

Sep 7, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #244 of 256
Perhaps I've just been lucky, but Tidal had been working perfectly for me up until FW 3.3.2. On 3.3.2, even offline playback didn't work properly :frowning2: I'm now back on 3.3.0 and everything is happy again :)

Feb 2, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #245 of 256
The X7 is now at FW3.3.4. Here are the list of new features/fixes from FiiO:

1. Added new feature of displaying album arts in large icons in the Album view menu (it will be the default display after upgrade, and you can switch the display by clicking the More Functions "…" icon, then clicking the first option in the pop-up tool bar);
2. Added fast forward and rewind control by holding the side buttons (Prev & Next);
3. Added function to jump to the album or artist of the current playing track (click the "…" icon in the Now Playing menu to use this function);
4. Fixed issue where the player might stutter after enabling the ViPER Effect;
5. Fixed issue where the jump through folder function would not work when playing cue tracks in Shuffle mode;
6. Fixed the abnormal scanning issue for some certain tracks;
7. Fixed issue where the player sometimes might falsely detect an OTA firmware update;
8. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

I'm relying on you folks to report any fixes or issues, because I have no current plan to upgrade from FW 3.3.0. The last time I tried updating, Tidal stopped working and restoring back to a lower FW is too time consuming. I really have no issues with FW 3.3.0, but I'd love to hear your feedback on FW3.3.4...

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #246 of 256
Hi,

So regarding FW 3.3.4 bugs: +1 vote for the following:

Slow file-transfer speed when using the internal memory,

FiiO music app can freeze or exit abnormally and

At the start of a new playback, the X7 skips roughly the first second of the track.

In addition to these 3 known bugs I am also experiencing:

slow scanning of SD cards and also broken playback/cracking at the start of some tracks.

For info: I am using the latest Fiio Music player 3.4.1

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #247 of 256
Hi,

So regarding FW 3.3.4 bugs: +1 vote for the following:

Slow file-transfer speed when using the internal memory,

FiiO music app can freeze or exit abnormally and

At the start of a new playback, the X7 skips roughly the first second of the track.

In addition to these 3 known bugs I am also experiencing:

slow scanning of SD cards and also broken playback/cracking at the start of some tracks.

For info: I am using the latest Fiio Music player 3.4.1

Thanks so much for your feedback, @Music Enthusiast! I've tallied your votes for the existing items. As for your new bugs - can I ask: 1) What type (brand and size) of SD card are you using? I've found huge differences in performance, especially when cheaper, lower-capacity cards start to get near their storage limit. This may not (necessarily) be a bug in the X7 firmware. 2) Can you pm me a track that exhibits broken playback/cracking? The only time I've experienced things like this have been with corrupted files (usually the CD rip had some errors that needed fixing with Accurip). Again, I'd just like to confirm this is definitely a problem with the firmware before adding it to the list.

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #248 of 256
Thanks so much for your feedback, @Music Enthusiast! I've tallied your votes for the existing items. As for your new bugs - can I ask: 1) What type (brand and size) of SD card are you using? I've found huge differences in performance, especially when cheaper, lower-capacity cards start to get near their storage limit. This may not (necessarily) be a bug in the X7 firmware. 2) Can you pm me a track that exhibits broken playback/cracking? The only time I've experienced things like this have been with corrupted files (usually the CD rip had some errors that needed fixing with Accurip). Again, I'd just like to confirm this is definitely a problem with the firmware before adding it to the list.
Hi Csglinux, Thanks for your help. The SD card I'm using is a 64gb Samsung Evo Class 10. It scans (with the same files) fine/quickly in my other DAPS (IBasso Dx90, Fiio X5ii, Fiio X3ii, Fiio X3iii, Cayin N3, Shanling M3s) It's only slow in the X7. Regarding the broken/cracking tracks - after I reset the database and rescanned - slowly again :frowning2: - they seem to be behaving, for the moment. The known skipping of the first second of new playbacks is very annoying. Did you find any way to solve this? Does it happen on earlier firmwares?

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #249 of 256
Hi Csglinux, Thanks for your help. The SD card I'm using is a 64gb Samsung Evo Class 10. It scans (with the same files) fine/quickly in my other DAPS (IBasso Dx90, Fiio X5ii, Fiio X3ii, Fiio X3iii, Cayin N3, Shanling M3s) It's only slow in the X7. Regarding the broken/cracking tracks - after I reset the database and rescanned - slowly again :frowning2: - they seem to be behaving, for the moment. The known skipping of the first second of new playbacks is very annoying. Did you find any way to solve this? Does it happen on earlier firmwares?
As far as I can remember, the skipping of the first second or two of a track has been an issue from day 1. It's a problem on the X7ii also. I'm afraid I don't have a solution for it.

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #250 of 256
the skipping of the first second or two of a track
I recently bought iDSD micro BL and it has the same issue. Though, I'm talking about external DAC mode. That makes me think that it is impossible to have external DAC being connected to PC work properly.

Apr 19, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #251 of 256
I got this reply from Fiio regarding this 'Kindly note that when the player wakes up from sleep, it will take some time for the amp module to be reactivated (it's set to hibernate in sleep mode to save power), so the begining of the track may not be heard in this case'.

To be honest this is not a very helpful response from Fiio as this fading in for a second or so / or missing first second at the start of some tracks also happens when the player has not been sleeping/hibernating at all.

I think that a new FW is really vital. This wasn't a cheap player and I think that owners should at least expect basic playback to work without flaws.

One other issue (of many!) that I have with my Fiio X7 (FW 3.3.4 / Fiio Music app 3.4.1) is that the quick A-Z alphabetical scrolling (with the little letters) feature only works properly in song, artist and genre category..but, strangely, not in album category. where it often freezes..is this normal? What is other people's experience of this?

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #252 of 256
...and we're now up to firmware 3.3.5, which brings the following changes (relative to 3.3.4):

1. Added USB Audio output function (the output is in DoP by default; if your DAC does not support DSD decoding, please switch from DoP to D2P in FiiO Music settings);
2. Added "Enter Now Playing after play" option (can be set in FiiO Music settings; when the option enabled, the app will automatically enter the Now Playing menu after clicking a song to play);
3. Fixed issue where some FLAC tracks might stutter when the ViPER Effect was turned on;
4. Fixed issue where the embedded album art could not be displayed for some WMA tracks;
5. Fixed issue where the fast search bar in the Folder View menu might disappear in a few cases;
6. Fixed issue where the sound was abnormal or there was no output when playing DSD tracks via Bluetooth;
7. Fixed issue where the Settings would stop working when entering "Settings->Storage->NAND FLASH->Total space->Downloads";
8. Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.

Please let us have your feedback! Did this fix any previously-listed issues? Did it create new ones??

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #253 of 256
Out of the blue yesterday, we got notification of a surprise update for the X7! Firmware version 1.0.7 is out for the X7, X7ii and X5iii and currently available as an OTA update! It looks to be quite an exciting update with lots of new features, including FiiO link :) There are a few glitches and bugs (and maybe a few things currently missing, such as Viper-4-Android), but from my brief initial testing FiiO-link seems to work pretty well. And another bonus... the FiiO music app is now available for your Android phone/tablet. This is the app you need to enable FiiO link, but the FiiO music player can also operate as a stand-alone music player for local or DNLA playback from your other Android devices.

Nice to see FiiO still supporting the X7! Great work FiiO :)

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #254 of 256
In the new 1.0.7 firmware:
  • No gapless on lossy or DSD audio formats.
  • No m3u8 playlists support.
  • Sorting issues.

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #255 of 256
In the new 1.0.7 firmware:
  • No gapless on lossy or DSD audio formats.
  • No m3u8 playlists support.
  • Sorting issues.
Thanks for the feedback! I've also noticed scrolling issues when using the letters on the right of the scroll-list in the new FiiO music app. On the X7 it displays the correct letter, but the list itself can get stuck and not move. (It seems to work without a problem running the FiiO app on my V40.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back