Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware

Discussion in 'FiiO' started by csglinux, Oct 28, 2016.
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
  1. RuFrost
    I use my X7 just as usual player to listen music on the standard Fiio Music player. On 3.3.2 it works well, no bugs detected. Blue theme is the fastest, 2 others are very beautiful, but are slower a little bit. I will recommend to all who use Fiio x7 as a DAP to upgrade to the last version of FW.

2. csglinux
    Anybody that uses Tidal will want to hold off on updating.

3. harpo1
    Tidal has issues on all versions of the firmware.

4. csglinux
    Perhaps I've just been lucky, but Tidal had been working perfectly for me up until FW 3.3.2. On 3.3.2, even offline playback didn't work properly :frowning2: I'm now back on 3.3.0 and everything is happy again :)

5. csglinux
    The X7 is now at FW3.3.4. Here are the list of new features/fixes from FiiO:

1. Added new feature of displaying album arts in large icons in the Album view menu (it will be the default display after upgrade, and you can switch the display by clicking the More Functions "…" icon, then clicking the first option in the pop-up tool bar);
    2. Added fast forward and rewind control by holding the side buttons (Prev & Next);
    3. Added function to jump to the album or artist of the current playing track (click the "…" icon in the Now Playing menu to use this function);
    4. Fixed issue where the player might stutter after enabling the ViPER Effect;
    5. Fixed issue where the jump through folder function would not work when playing cue tracks in Shuffle mode;
    6. Fixed the abnormal scanning issue for some certain tracks;
    7. Fixed issue where the player sometimes might falsely detect an OTA firmware update;
    8. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

I'm relying on you folks to report any fixes or issues, because I have no current plan to upgrade from FW 3.3.0. The last time I tried updating, Tidal stopped working and restoring back to a lower FW is too time consuming. I really have no issues with FW 3.3.0, but I'd love to hear your feedback on FW3.3.4...

First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16