Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 5, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #57,556 of 63,917
KZ ZEX Pro started to appear as 10 days preorder in my local online shop.
I wonder whether AliExpress freeshipping can get to me faster than these local online shop.
---
And again, pretty damn happy KZ make the IEM nozzle a bit bigger for ZEX Pro. basically most of my eartips is too loose for DQ6.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #57,557 of 63,917
On a related question, is Cainiao more precise than USPS? I have an AliExpress package that says "Arrival at the Destination" on November 9 with no other updates from Cainiao. USPS says "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment", and when I spoke with USPS they said they didn't have it and thought it was still in China.
More precise than USPS? I don't know, never have to deal with them as I don't live in the US.
Cainiao is more precise than what Ali says but when it's out of their control (when the air carrier accepts the package) they can only give global indications dependent on how the cooperation is between them and the other carriers. With my local carrier the connection is pretty good but even then there are limits and you won't get every detail.

What I do know is that Arrival at destination only means that the plane carrying the package has landed and it was unloaded. It still has to be accepted and go through customs before the final carrier gets the package. This can take some time and when the final carrier has the package, Cainiao can't give any more updates until it's delivered as they do get the delivery notice.

Still no updates since November 9th is quite long. Not unheard of though as I've also had a 3 week period with no update on a package earlier this year, got stuck at customs I think.

Dec 5, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #57,558 of 63,917
More precise than USPS? I don't know, never have to deal with them as I don't live in the US.
Cainiao is more precise than what Ali says but when it's out of their control (when the air carrier accepts the package) they can only give global indications dependent on how the cooperation is between them and the other carriers. With my local carrier the connection is pretty good but even then there are limits and you won't get every detail.

What I do know is that Arrival at destination only means that the plane carrying the package has landed and it was unloaded. It still has to be accepted and go through customs before the final carrier gets the package. This can take some time and when the final carrier has the package, Cainiao can't give any more updates until it's delivered as they do get the delivery notice.

Still no updates since November 9th is quite long. Not unheard of though as I've also had a 3 week period with no update on a package earlier this year, got stuck at customs I think.
I really like Ebanx Track for detailed Ali delivery info (it does notifications and sends emails). It has ads on the app, though.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #57,559 of 63,917
The tuning is good. But yea as i feared, to some degree KZ hit driver limitation.

But how crazy KZ would be when they started going for, not just driver amount, but tuning, as well as "exotic" material driver or higher grade driver.
"KZ DQ6 Pro-X, a Harman-Neutral ish IEMs with 3 DD, Beryllium driver, Titanium driver, and graphene driver."

"And KZ ZAXXX with 15 drivers each, wait its a long driver list. I think its easier to list whats not in it"
Well, alternative to fancy coatings, they are giving us a triple magnet and the allegedly thinnest DD recently. BAs, in the same sense, are the new black ones. So driver wise we can guess they are innovating, just tuning variety was the lacking factor

Dec 5, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #57,560 of 63,917
Not gonna lie after all these crazy iem like dq6, kz est like, multi ba or infamous gk10 and harman curve blabla, nothing beat that hostile feeling of kz zsn pro... Maybe i should buy a pair just for fun lol

Dec 5, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #57,561 of 63,917
Haven't had the time to keep up with the thread.. has anyone made a comparison between modded DQ6 (or just DQ6) and the new ZEX Pro?

Dec 5, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #57,563 of 63,917
Dec 5, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #57,564 of 63,917
Not gonna lie after all these crazy iem like dq6, kz est like, multi ba or infamous gk10 and harman curve blabla, nothing beat that hostile feeling of kz zsn pro... Maybe i should buy a pair just for fun lol
I can still happily listen to CA4, and then Apple Dongle & DQ6 with either some equalizing or modding can bring you very close to a very steeply diminishing return per price on your audiophile acquisitions (I did come to a realization that most my recent acquisitions were for the sake of curiosity, shopping, understanding, but less so for music...)

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #57,567 of 63,917
So now I have the ast, what is the difference between the ast, and the cca ca24, they look exactly the same. Was bouncing between the two when deciding.
No difference other than the shells, as explicitly answered to me by the CCA store.

Dec 5, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #57,568 of 63,917
It's been a long time since I visited this thread as inexpensive truly wireless earphones had my attention for a while. :joy:

I'm stuck between whether to purchase the KZ ZEX (£19.72 inc. VAT) or the ZEX Pro (£31.11 inc. VAT). What would you all recommend? Thank you in advance.

Dec 5, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #57,569 of 63,917
Thanks for reply, do I need to upgrade the cable to 8 core or the stock cable is fine? I can't afford to buy an 8 core cable right now otherwide I would have gone for zex pro (which few folks said is necessary to enjoy zex pro). I have Fiio M3K and most of the time I don't need EQ but I do if track wants me to. and what about the stock tips? is it fine?

Do you have $7 or $8 to spare on one of those KZ upgrade cables from AE? It’s all you need and it has made an audible difference over the stock cable with all the KZ IEMs I’ve tried it with including the ZEX, ZEX Pro, DQ6 and CCA NRA. I’m a bit of a cable believer but these IEMs are so inexpensive I don’t see the point of spending on a pricier cable just for them when their own upgrade cable already makes a difference.

Dec 5, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #57,570 of 63,917
It's been a long time since I visited this thread as inexpensive truly wireless earphones had my attention for a while. :joy:

I'm stuck between whether to purchase the KZ ZEX (£19.72 inc. VAT) or the ZEX Pro (£31.11 inc. VAT). What would you all recommend? Thank you in advance.
I got my ZEX PRO for £21.95 during 11.11 sales. If you wait like 10 hours, ZEX PRO will drop back down to similar levels. I wouldn't pay £31.11!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back