Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 4, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #57,541 of 63,803
Strange, why KZ don’t put effort to upgrade the unbeatable DQ6….:rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:
Yeah, I have given them some feedback about it though a few days ago.

Dec 4, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #57,543 of 63,803
Does DQ6 sound better than ZSX? is it good for metal and rock?
Don't have zsx but dq6 is good with metal and rock, as well as nra/zex. If you like impact bass you can go with zex, tight punchy bass go to nra, thumpy go to dq6. All of them lack some 2-3k peek so some cymbal might sound:rolling_eyes:.if you willing to eq nra/zex might be better choice

Dec 4, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #57,545 of 63,803
Welcome to the club. If you like bassy and thick sound (but meh treble and technicalities) it will bring joy
Just got the AST in, treble seems fine to me, not as sharp or peaky, or metallic like the kb10….. I think these ruined those for me 🙄. However I will say jeez these can go deep. And thump. Not isine10 or lcdi3 beat your skull in bass, but impressive for a BA tho. I personally think they should good, I wouldn’t say thick either, capable of being meaty. Vocals are nice and liquid. However the tips are trash. Jacked the tips off the Aiwas to fix that lol.

Dec 5, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #57,546 of 63,803
KZ ZEX Pro review From BGGAR...

The tuning is good. But yea as i feared, to some degree KZ hit driver limitation.

But how crazy KZ would be when they started going for, not just driver amount, but tuning, as well as "exotic" material driver or higher grade driver.
"KZ DQ6 Pro-X, a Harman-Neutral ish IEMs with 3 DD, Beryllium driver, Titanium driver, and graphene driver."

"And KZ ZAXXX with 15 drivers each, wait its a long driver list. I think its easier to list whats not in it"

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #57,547 of 63,803
Dec 5, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #57,548 of 63,803
Don't have zsx but dq6 is good with metal and rock, as well as nra/zex. If you like impact bass you can go with zex, tight punchy bass go to nra, thumpy go to dq6. All of them lack some 2-3k peek so some cymbal might sound:rolling_eyes:.if you willing to eq nra/zex might be better choice
Thanks for reply, do I need to upgrade the cable to 8 core or the stock cable is fine? I can't afford to buy an 8 core cable right now otherwide I would have gone for zex pro (which few folks said is necessary to enjoy zex pro). I have Fiio M3K and most of the time I don't need EQ but I do if track wants me to. and what about the stock tips? is it fine?

Dec 5, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #57,549 of 63,803
Thanks for reply, do I need to upgrade the cable to 8 core or the stock cable is fine? I can't afford to buy an 8 core cable right now otherwide I would have gone for zex pro (which few folks said is necessary to enjoy zex pro). I have Fiio M3K and most of the time I don't need EQ but I do if track wants me to. and what about the stock tips? is it fine?
Stock cable is good enough, you can buy ofc cable and damping filter for dq6 to smooth out treble, with nra/zex stock is fine. Stock tips is good but you might want to change them on dq6 or zex. Nra/zex sound better with wide bore tips, dq6 sound better with final e/sony ex11/kz starlight. Hope that help.

Dec 5, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #57,551 of 63,803
Stock cable is good enough, you can buy ofc cable and damping filter for dq6 to smooth out treble, with nra/zex stock is fine. Stock tips is good but you might want to change them on dq6 or zex. Nra/zex sound better with wide bore tips, dq6 sound better with final e/sony ex11/kz starlight. Hope that help.

+1 on wide bore tips for the NRA. It's a bit similar to GK10 for having tip sensitive treble. Not to the same degree but it helps open them up a bit.

I've been using that stock NRA cable on my C12 and I love it. On first look you're thinking straight to the trash. But it sounds just fine and is fairly tangle resistant and has no microphonics that I've been able to tell. I can order another ZEX/NRA for the price of most upgrade cables. These IEMs are sensitive as well so balanced cable just gives you more hiss when amped.
Focus on tips as Tzennn says and you're good to go.

Dec 5, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #57,552 of 63,803
Dec 5, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #57,553 of 63,803
Can someone recommend some good tips for DQ6? I received mine a few days ago.. and I just can't find anything that fits good and is comfortable.. the largest stock tips are kinda ok, but they provide little sound isolation and sound very bright. So far I've kinda stopped on stock medium tips from Kbear KS1, but.. they don't exactly feel right :/ KZ Starline are decent, but they stick out of my ear very far and the stock cable pulls them out, plus they're a bit stiff and after 2h of listening my ears began to physically become tired

Dec 5, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #57,554 of 63,803
Can someone recommend some good tips for DQ6? I received mine a few days ago.. and I just can't find anything that fits good and is comfortable.. the largest stock tips are kinda ok, but they provide little sound isolation and sound very bright. So far I've kinda stopped on stock medium tips from Kbear KS1, but.. they don't exactly feel right :/ KZ Starline are decent, but they stick out of my ear very far and the stock cable pulls them out, plus they're a bit stiff and after 2h of listening my ears began to physically become tired
Rotate iem until the wings fit in, I have fit problem with my dq6 wings too

Dec 5, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #57,555 of 63,803

Users who are viewing this thread

Back