Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 13, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #55,231 of 63,881
Just read this on the KAZ review so that`s ruled the out and other variants unfortunately. Exactly what I think about the 10 pro.

I think it is again a local (Europe, Asia etc.) discussion why the highs always have to have this subliminal aggressiveness with KZ. Personally, I'm slowly getting tired of it and long for more relaxation and real quality, instead of always simulating it with an artificial build-up. The trebles have this basic metallic character, which almost always resonates with KZ. You get used to it, but BA drivers can also do differently. The trebles provide a very good transparency and details, but the naturalness is a bit lost. In addition the sibilants are annoying and I can't attest the ZAX a fatigue-free audibility.
Hmm...Although ZAX's treble is moderately peaked out compared to old KZ's, I would still have to refer ZAX on the energetic side, definitely not as smooth as Westone's rather darker treble. It is still U-shape after all. As I see you have InEar SD3, you may try TRI Starsea as I posted earlier, it is mini-Anole-VX. Highly sophisticated treble tuning.

May 13, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #55,232 of 63,881
In the KZ world, I’d seriously look into the DQ6. It’s is very impressive IMO, and no BAs.
1620942341355.png

My DQ6 with Epic cable and AT tips sounds pretty impressive esp. with a bit of Cowon EQ-ing :)
1620942470240.png

I bought them more cause I thought they would be good wireless. I think that with my BQeyz Z3 they actually sound better than they do stock. Probably some synergy there but it works. Anyone else like them over BT??

May 13, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #55,233 of 63,881

My DQ6 with Epic cable and AT tips sounds pretty impressive esp. with a bit of Cowon EQ-ing :)

I bought them more cause I thought they would be good wireless. I think that with my BQeyz Z3 they actually sound better than they do stock. Probably some synergy there but it works. Anyone else like them over BT??
Yea, I also hope they could've differentiated themselves by 3DD TWS. They already introduced the one with XUN unit(bass driver used in DQ6) as Z1 Pro in TWS form, so I guess they probably trying out balancing energy consumptions. KZ came up with BT module with 5.2, but nah not that tail... I just want a sleek pair of TWS.

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #55,234 of 63,881
Thank you, YT algorithm. Wasn't aware of the band before this.

King Gnu -

白日​

THAT DEFINITELY IS A KZ AS06! The music video has ~343 million views 😲

1620953446881.png

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #55,236 of 63,881

King Gnu -

白日​

THAT DEFINITELY IS A KZ AZ06! The music video has ~343 million views 😲

1620953446881.png

and thank you, @cappuchino for mentioning this band here, i also haven't aware of this before. now I'm going to listen to them some more :smile::thumbsup:

May 13, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #55,237 of 63,881
Another band that has vocalists that use KZ 🤣

Ben & Ben - a kababayan | a Filipino alternative/folk band

That's a ZST! Pic's not the best quality hehe. I guess it's good enough for the stage 😉

1620961353107.png

1620961578452.png

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #55,238 of 63,881
Been out of the IEM game for years and can`t believe what they are putting in these cheap iems these days. Just ordered some KZ ZS10 pro`s just use on a walk.
Let us know what you think of them. Personally, I think they are a great set and punch above their price point. I still enjoy mine alot. It all depends on the type of music you listen to and your preferred sound signature. I still love the ZS10 PRO; even though I've got the ZAX and DQ6.

May 14, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #55,239 of 63,881

King Gnu -

白日​

THAT DEFINITELY IS A KZ AS06! The music video has ~343 million views 😲

King Gnu is like as famous as Justin Bieber in Japan👍 You may also try artist called Aimer, and Yorushika if you like King Gnu

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #55,240 of 63,881
1620942341355.png
1620942470240.png
I use my DQ6 with my Radsone ES100, connected to my Samsung S20 phone via Bluetooth using LDAC. SQ is excellent, imho. ES100 also has EQ abilities and I DO also take advantage of that.

May 14, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #55,241 of 63,881
King Gnu is like as famous as Justin Bieber in Japan👍 You may also try artist called Aimer, and Yorushika if you like King Gnu
A huge fan of Yorushika 😊 Aimer, not so much, though I do love Kataomoi. Throw in Zutomayo and Tuyu there as well! 😁

May 14, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #55,242 of 63,881
After a couple of days with the KS ZS10 pro, kind of proves to me this price point seemed too good to be true. The brittle upper mid/treble (female vocal) bothers the hell out of me, no matter which tips. Decent low end but too artificial to me.

Is there anything sub £100 that is as smooth as a Westone 4?

Not really anything from Knowledge Zenith, unfortunately.

The EARNiNE EN210, Fidue A65 or Akoustyx R-210 might be right up your alley, provided you can somehow get your hands on any of them. I'd especially recommend the EARNiNE.
There is, actually. The CCA C10.

A very nicely tuned and relatively balanced (still V-shaped) 4 BA + 1 DD that's retailing for as low as US $25. Bass uncharacteristic of the usual KZ/CCA hybrid in that it's not overly emphasized, but with good resonance. Mids not pronounced or "shouty" but just rightly placed in the headstage. Treble that's really smooth yet resolving of detail. No purported "metallic" or harsh timbre. With your ideal eartips (in my case medium to wide-bore ones) providing the proper seal, the C10 would give you long, fatigue-free listening sessions at moderate volumes. It and the KZ E10 TWS are the highest-ranked KZ/CCA IEMs in Crinacle's list (C+).

May 14, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #55,243 of 63,881
There is, actually. The CCA C10.

A very nicely tuned and relatively balanced (still V-shaped) 4 BA + 1 DD that's retailing for as low as US $25. Bass uncharacteristic of the usual KZ/CCA hybrid in that it's not overly emphasized, but with good resonance. Mids not pronounced or "shouty" but just rightly placed in the headstage. Treble that's really smooth yet resolving of detail. No purported "metallic" or harsh timbre. With your ideal eartips (in my case medium to wide-bore ones) providing the proper seal, the C10 would give you long, fatigue-free listening sessions at moderate volumes. It and the KZ E10 TWS are the highest-ranked KZ/CCA IEMs in Crinacle's list (C+).
Many thanks for your reply, interesting. I received and have used the FiiO FD1 in the last 24hrs and personally if you could nudge the mids/highs of the FiiO into the ZS10 then that would be a decent mix. As much as the FiiO has more of a Soundstage, the ZS10 does the bottom end better imo.

I stated above that I don`t want to get back into throwing money again at iems (If I did then would deffo lean back towards Westone 4 ilk) but maybe you can snag something in this price range that is a little pretender to a more technical iem.

I have some spinfits coming tomorrow so see how the ZS10 reacts with them.

Cheers mate, will keep in mind.

Edit: You will see in my sig that my main SD3 is currently missing, I haven`t listened to digital music for years due to my analog/vinyl journey and cannot locate them which means they may have been a gift to a hospital or a hotel. It bothers me but in the context of life, not a big deal but do want to listen to something I am happy with.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #55,244 of 63,881
Hmm...Although ZAX's treble is moderately peaked out compared to old KZ's, I would still have to refer ZAX on the energetic side, definitely not as smooth as Westone's rather darker treble. It is still U-shape after all. As I see you have InEar SD3, you may try TRI Starsea as I posted earlier, it is mini-Anole-VX. Highly sophisticated treble tuning.
Thanks for your help mate.

Edit: What is striking about this price range is the mids/vocals/treble - it`s like someone saying look at my lovely solid oak worktop then you realise it`s MDF.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #55,245 of 63,881
Thanks for your help mate.

Edit: What is striking about this price range is the mids/vocals/treble - it`s like someone saying look at my lovely solid oak worktop then you realise it`s MDF.
Final E500 for price being a bit over $20, does great job for mids/vocal/trebles, it’s not the price man. Or if vocal oriented, Final E1000($29), VR3000($79), ER2SE ($88) all do great jobs.

The main reason is because of old KZ products which uses Bellsing BA driver of #30095 with aggressive V tuning with many huge peaks and dips. If that peaks/dips coincides with your resonating spots around 3khz/6khz/12khz, you will feel the sound is either hollow or extremely ear piercing.
KZ started to learn how to tune, and it’s showing the progress from ZSX > ZAX releases.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back