Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 23, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #53,266 of 63,844
I am a bit confused about the treble of the DQ6. The extension is about average but I still hear sibilance occasionally. There is in general a lack of sparkles due to the smooth tuning. Will listen more with my other DAPs, maybe will synergize better with a bright sounding DAP.

Additionally, it is harder to visualise the mouth shape of the singers with this pair due to the low dynamic range, if you get what I mean.:sweat_smile:

Yes, definitely will benefit from pairing with a brighter sounding DAP/source for more extension and air.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #53,268 of 63,844
Hi Folks,
Let me preface this with sincere apologies for not making a more concerted effort to get through this thread. I just learned of KZ (am KZ curious, if you will) and was hoping to get a quick primer or, perhaps, just some preliminary tips on what to search out.

I bought a bunch of true wireless IEMs recently to demo and, honestly, came away feeling like the SQ was decent but a bit hard to justify the spendiness. Then I stumbled upon a reference to the ZS10 Pro and the KZ bluetooth cables. Seems like something along these lines might be a better option. Could someone offer a little guidance on where to start, ie. which are the better models and the sound signatures for each? I will be primarily using this setup with an iphone 12 and windows laptop.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #53,269 of 63,844
Hi Folks,
Let me preface this with sincere apologies for not making a more concerted effort to get through this thread. I just learned of KZ (am KZ curious, if you will) and was hoping to get a quick primer or, perhaps, just some preliminary tips on what to search out.

I bought a bunch of true wireless IEMs recently to demo and, honestly, came away feeling like the SQ was decent but a bit hard to justify the spendiness. Then I stumbled upon a reference to the ZS10 Pro and the KZ bluetooth cables. Seems like something along these lines might be a better option. Could someone offer a little guidance on where to start, ie. which are the better models and the sound signatures for each? I will be primarily using this setup with an iphone 12 and windows laptop.
Kz ZAX paired with TRN BT20s pro will stomp any TWS out there in sound quality, just not in ANC and ambiance mode.

Dec 24, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #53,270 of 63,844
Kz ZAX paired with TRN BT20s pro will stomp any TWS out there in sound quality, just not in ANC and ambiance mode.

Thanks for replying. ANC and ambiance modes are not important to me.

By the way, is Amazon a reliable source for this type of equipment? I like the free return options but it looks like some of these items appear to be listed multiple times on amazon with different vendors, etc.

Dec 24, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #53,271 of 63,844

By the way, is Amazon a reliable source for this type of equipment? I like the free return options but it looks like some of these items appear to be listed multiple times on amazon with different vendors, etc.
Yes, I almost always ordered from Amazon whenever I can. It may not be the cheapest, but the no questions asked return is pretty nice.

Dec 24, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #53,272 of 63,844

Amazon is a great place to buy KZ items from, just not necessarily the cheapest. Linsoul is one of the retailers that sells Chi-Fi items through Amazon, and is reputable. Honestly though, as long as the product is “fulfilled by Amazon” you’re good, should a return be needed.

A year from now (or less), you’ll probably own a dozen pairs of KZ IEMs:ksc75smile:.

Dec 24, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #53,273 of 63,844
Hi everyone,

I am looking forward to buy a BT module to my ED16. I have lots of online meetings through Skype or Teams and i will use it together with my laptop and Oneplus 7 which has APTX-HD support.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001295911238.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.b9533c00uqolUa&mp=1

This can be good option for me.

But nowadays TWS headphones are most popular.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001026923971.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.b9533c00uqolUa&mp=1

This has very good microphone performance. But i am not sure which one i should buy.

BT module or seperate TWS headphone. Which one has good microphone quality ?

Dec 24, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #53,274 of 63,844
Hi everyone,

I am looking forward to buy a BT module to my ED16. I have lots of online meetings through Skype or Teams and i will use it together with my laptop and Oneplus 7 which has APTX-HD support.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001295911238.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.b9533c00uqolUa&mp=1

This can be good option for me.

But nowadays TWS headphones are most popular.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001026923971.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.b9533c00uqolUa&mp=1

This has very good microphone performance. But i am not sure which one i should buy.

BT module or seperate TWS headphone. Which one has good microphone quality ?
It depends on where are you going to use it for calling. If you are mostly using it at home or office with not much surrounding noise, the BT module might suffice. But, if you are in a noisy place (supermarket, train, bus, etc) the TWS will most likely have better ambient noise cancellation. Most BT module doesn't have CVC and also less microphone (1 each side at most) while a good call quality TWS will have 4 or more microphones total.

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #53,275 of 63,844
It depends on where are you going to use it for calling. If you are mostly using it at home or office with not much surrounding noise, the BT module might suffice. But, if you are in a noisy place (supermarket, train, bus, etc) the TWS will most likely have better ambient noise cancellation. Most BT module doesn't have CVC and also less microphone (1 each side at most) while a good call quality TWS will have 4 or more microphones total.

I will use that in at the office. My office is a open office, co-worker can hear each other easly. BT Module has 1 mic but it is closer to your mouth than TWSs. I gues i will order BT module ::wink:

Dec 24, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #53,276 of 63,844
I will use that in at the office. My office is a open office, co-worker can hear each other easly. BT Module has 1 mic but it is closer to your mouth than TWSs. I gues i will order BT module ::wink:
Oh and most BT module has worse microphone. It just "well we have microphone at least" kind of thing unlike TWS which are more emphasized on calling.

Dec 24, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #53,277 of 63,844
I have both, and I'd suggest the TWS. They're more convenient, and as said above, the mic quality is a lot better as long as you get a pair that is well regarded for call quality. Most also have touch or button controls, which to me is more convenient and natural than fumbling around for the right button.

The one positive for the BT module, depending on the one you get, is they can have better battery life. But that gap is mostly closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back