Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 18, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #53,206 of 63,961

So, if the single driver has "insufficient high frequency" then a second next to it does what exactly? :yum:
In the speaker world, doubling the speaker generally gives more throw, coverage and of course increase in the decibel aka volume so each speaker doesn't have to work as hard. Then there is problem with comb filtering, phasing, etc that needs to be addressed and so on. But in general more speaker playing the same stuff = increase in decibel. So I am not really sure what the usage of 2 DD playing the same frequency in an IEM as the distance between the driver to the eardrum is extremely close.

Dec 18, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #53,207 of 63,961
My favourite cable :)
The best colours in a good reasonably priced cable, in my opinion.
The only cable that I have two copies.

DQ6 can be fun - the narrow nozzle may work better for the synergy of three powerful DDs rather than for BAs with narrow sound guides.

BA10 are the beauty in their shell, and still the capable contender, as long as one have suitably rectangular ears :)

Sometimes I feel that KZ do not do the best IEMs just out of their kind heart - not to totally eliminate competition and not to frustrate the reviewers relying on KZ for comparison of the reviewed IEMs :wink:

Usually, for my ears, narrow nozzles accentuate the midrange and push vocals slightly forward. If the stock DQ6 delivers smooth but detailed vocals that are slightly forward I'll be a happy camper - as long as said vocals are not strident/shouty.

Personally, I find the BA10 and the ASF to be the most handsome in-ears they make.
I still take a longing glance at the ASF every time before I insert them. Just beautifully done if you ask me.

1608333929958.png
So, if the single driver has "insufficient high frequency" then a second next to it does what exactly? :yum:
Insufficient sound volume to match the bass unit's sound volume. Adding extra matching unit increases the dynamic range by 3db.
In the speaker world, doubling the speaker generally gives more throw, coverage and of course increase in the decibel aka volume so each speaker doesn't have to work as hard. Then there is problem with comb filtering, phasing, etc that needs to be addressed and so on. But in general more speaker playing the same stuff = increase in decibel. So I am not really sure what the usage of 2 DD playing the same frequency in an IEM as the distance between the driver to the eardrum is extremely close.

Don't know if the DQ6 has a two-way or three-way crossover but their description (physical frequency division) and the promotional image seem to support a two-way

20201218_124336.jpg

whereas the QDC states "3 frequency division with two-way sound channels.
Screenshot_20201218-115044_Samsung Internet-1.jpg

I'm just looking forward to hearing what they've come up with.

and for $25, folks.

Dec 19, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #53,210 of 63,961
Today I have chance to compare KZ BA latest products with my old best KZ BA10.
I have BA10 from few months, and I like how they sounds, for me those were better then Shouer Tape, Oriolus Finschi and few others.
So I'll share some quick impressions:

Kz Asx
* Most v-shape like signature
* Highest and widest soundstage
* Best instrument placement in 3D
* Cleanest sound, bold and without coloration
* Good vocal clarity
* Sub-bass is more pronounced, hits hardest, sub-bass is more dominant than mid-bass
* It's harder to find good tips for them to loose technical flaws, but it's possible
* Sound's better with copper cable which gives fullness of sound

Ba10
* More mid-cectric then Asx
* Engaging, fun, somewhat coloured
* Softer sound and less technical
*Mid-bass concentration gives feeling of cohesion with mids
* Sounds better with SPC cable which gives better clarity to them
* Not as technically good, as Asx and Asf, not as clean, and not as holographic stage
* Sound is more from backward

Asf
* Most cohessivity and fullness in sound
* Less "v" than Asx, quite like L-shape sound presentation
* Cleaner then BA10, vocals are bolder and even closer
* Pleasing sound
* Most bassy
* Good instrument placement
* Same good spc and copper cables
* Not as technically good as Asx, it's sound like less ba set, with less separation, and dimensions of soundstage

** I didn't hear added sibilance in any set.

Summary:

I can't say for sure which one is the best for somebody cuz it depends to preferences, but If I had to choose one, I would choose ASX.. Its sound is like something from higher class then two others. I need also some more time to longer listening.. Saddly I haven't AudioSense T800 no longer, because I had problem with ba bass imbalance and I gived them for free to somebody, it would be good to compare.

Many drivers here.. :

20201219_110600.jpg

Dec 19, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #53,211 of 63,961
I'm sorry when you say the seven you mean the ks7 that came after the ks6 ks5 two versions of the five. And you loved it more than the six. I have to try it I have to get one then. Could you please let me know thank you Erik PS cuz I thought the five was pretty damn good the six was great and somehow I missed the seven and ended up past it. It's almost a ghost the 7, like did it really exist!!thx
I Love all of my KZ KS kids equally but Ks7 is my Favorite, then Ks5V1, Then KS6 whom I love but wouldn't be mad if I left it at the grocery store or on the bus... Lol lol

Dec 19, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #53,212 of 63,961
I Love all of my KZ KS kids equally but Ks7 is my Favorite, then Ks5V1, Then KS6 whom I love but wouldn't be mad if I left it at the grocery store or on the bus... Lol lol

Cherish your ZS7 friend. It’s no longer available. Luckily I picked up a backup set before they were gone forever.

Dec 20, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #53,214 of 63,961
Dec 20, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #53,216 of 63,961
Quick question (again!) about 0.75mm vs 0.78mm pins.
Will some iems sockets put up a fight when the wrong pins are being used?
TIA.

Dec 20, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #53,217 of 63,961
Quick question (again!) about 0.75mm vs 0.78mm pins.
Will some iems sockets put up a fight when the wrong pins are being used?
TIA.
I got two pairs of 0.75 and 0.78 cables (paragraph B and C in KZ terms), I could not find the slightest difference - either in noticing the difference visually or in terms of how these cables fit (ease of insertion, etc).
The tolerance of the manufacturing is likely more than the difference.

Enjoying my ASX in the last few days, really work great for my tastes :)

Dec 20, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #53,218 of 63,961
I got two pairs of 0.75 and 0.78 cables (paragraph B and C in KZ terms), I could not find the slightest difference - either in noticing the difference visually or in terms of how these cables fit (ease of insertion, etc).
The tolerance of the manufacturing is likely more than the difference.
Cheers!

BTW, @alphawhale's nice pictures made me order the DQ6! Will probably arrive next year, so first IEM for 2021 (The year of leaving the house, I hope!)

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #53,219 of 63,961
"BTW, @alphawhale's nice pictures made me order the DQ6! Will probably arrive next year, so first IEM for 2021 (The year of leaving the house, I hope!)"

Funny how that happens around here eh @purplesun :wink:

@trumpethead That bus thing and the 6's cut's me deep:scream:

All I can say @requal is my BA10 is the best sounding all BA I own and it just has such a natural timbre to it for my ears and really crushes my Yin (Who) HQ 12's:smirk:

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #53,220 of 63,961
All I can say @requal is my BA10 is the best sounding all BA I own and it just has such a natural timbre to it for my ears and really crushes my Yin (Who) HQ 12's:smirk:
I had them from somebody who was very impressed by them. He bought them after release, but those was ridiculised by community, so he said only that he likes them a lot, and he goes silent, but meanwhile he was comparing them to new toys in pricerange, and another, and another.. as he said, he even wanned to compare them to Andro one time, (ofc Andro is technically better, but not necesery more pleasant), but he gave up to do it. I bought them from him after Nimweth dig it again. It's a keeper. Long story short, this was signal to me to check by my self new models also.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back