Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 17, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #53,176 of 64,160
again I've mentioned before that I'm not well off so it's like an overall value thing for me still getting tips and such and couple of cases to maybe have some nice on my table or something you know. Plus it's my friend's store and he's a reviewer also so he's good to me but thank you for the feedback take care Erik

Fair enough Erik.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #53,177 of 64,160
I have been fully refunded by Ebay for my two orders of the zs10 pro from the Aussie scammer.. I have been extremely lucky with orders from AliEx but its nice to have money back Guarentees from Ebay and Amazon for most issues... I guess it was truly too good to be true! Happy Holidays!!
It's so true I have to admit sometimes I use Amazon purposely and I don't mean to just like test a headphone I've never done that I just mean maybe something was a little off you know or like with some models I just wanted to get it quicker take care Erik

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #53,178 of 64,160
Fair enough Erik.
Thank you so much take care ErikPS don't forget I watch your reviews I subscribe to you dude I'm a fan of yours. I'm actually getting the zo4 and the zo5 at some point because of you.not that you gave them Raven stars but it's a decent bang for the buck for me also and I like the rubberized part of the 05 plus they've been like 17 and $16 lately delivered that's crazy. Thanks again Erik

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #53,179 of 64,160
Thank you so much take care ErikPS don't forget I watch your reviews I subscribe to you dude I'm a fan of yours. I'm actually getting the zo4 and the zo5 at some point because of you.not that you gave them Raven stars but it's a decent bang for the buck for me also and I like the rubberized part of the 05 plus they've been like 17 and $16 lately delivered that's crazy. Thanks again Erik
You are vortex from YouTube right that does the reviews? I just thought of that maybe you just have the same name with the in front of it. If so I'm sorry I thought you were him.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #53,180 of 64,160
You are vortex from YouTube right that does the reviews? I just thought of that maybe you just have the same name with the in front of it. If so I'm sorry I thought you were him.

I am indeed the one from Youtube. The Z05A is decent but at that price the Blon BL01 and Tin T1 Plus are my recommendations. :smile_phones: Cheers for the support.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #53,182 of 64,160
That change and especially tips goes double for these babies since so many have fitment issues but they can be overcome. I needed just a hair more length in my nozzles to get the perfect depth and seal as seen in the photo 2 showing the black tip sleeve I cut for my extension that did the trick 4 me.

Chi-Fi Doodle Doo.JPG

Zenith BA-10.JPG'

And just one more cause their so damn good lookin :grin:

Glow Plugs.JPG

By the way @richario I let two different members on here have my 5v1's even though they were better than the v2's I much preferred the 6's and had red, green, black and the bass leaning gray ones however I've gifted the red's and greens away once I got ahold of my 7's and as I've mentioned before the 7 was the final and best iteration of that shell design imo of course everyone's mileage is going to vary/differ :wink: The 7's blew me and my 4 pair of 6's away as I initially thought the 6 was the bees knees:rolling_eyes:

Here's my old blue v1's with both the colorful's and Carbon ZST's:grin:

KZ Party.JPG

And along comes Mr. 7 like the old spider:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ZS7th Heaven.JPG
I'm sorry when you say the seven you mean the ks7 that came after the ks6 ks5 two versions of the five. And you loved it more than the six. I have to try it I have to get one then. Could you please let me know thank you Erik PS cuz I thought the five was pretty damn good the six was great and somehow I missed the seven and ended up past it. It's almost a ghost the 7, like did it really exist!!thx

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #53,183 of 64,160
I am indeed the one from Youtube. The Z05A is decent but at that price the Blon BL01 and Tin T1 Plus are my recommendations. :smile_phones: Cheers for the support.
Awesome yeah I figured it was you again I got the 01. Which for me is funny because people couldn't fit the old three and I had no problems with it but I can't fit the 01.and I could definitely see me talking towards the t1 plus I don't have it I do like beryllium usually. Goes on my Tin collection. LOL but thanks buddy I seriously will consider it. See I watched your shows man.

Dec 17, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #53,186 of 64,160
Picked up a pair of Z1 on Amazon Warehouse really cheap. I intend to do some various mods, including hard wiring them. But I had to test them out as their normal TWS to make sure the drivers were OK, in case they were defective I could send them back.

Anyways, holy basshead these things are deep hitting! It’s like having a 15” subwoofer on tap when called upon. Why on earth isn’t KZ using this XUN driver on some wired models? It has a lot of potential.

Dec 17, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #53,187 of 64,160
Hello!

I received my ASX 3 days ago now and I still have mixed feelings about it. Out of the box the experience is not great: KZ went too conservative with the treble and overemphasized the bass with the tuning.

Perhaps they've toned down the treble in response to a common criticism I've read of their offerings. And, I suspect they boosted the bass in response to the criticism that BA's don't present the impact of a DD. However, in both instances they've overcompensated with the ASX.

All is not lost, though, as EQ levels them rather nicely. I do highly recommend the following, which, of course, can be adjusted to taste:

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/crinacle/harman_in-ear_2019v2/KZ ASX

Honestly, at this point I'm actually considering selling them, not because they're awful, but because they're not as good as they should be at this price. The ZAX, their current hybrid flagship, best them easily. Granted I EQed my ZAX as well after receiving it, but the adjustments are nowhere near as pronounced as those used to retune the ASX.
ff0l37uaj2561.jpg

Dec 17, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #53,188 of 64,160
Hello!

I received my ASX 3 days ago now and I still have mixed feelings about it. Out of the box the experience is not great: KZ went too conservative with the treble and overemphasized the bass with the tuning.

Perhaps they've toned down the treble in response to a common criticism I've read of their offerings. And, I suspect they boosted the bass in response to the criticism that BA's don't present the impact of a DD. However, in both instances they've overcompensated with the ASX.

All is not lost, though, as EQ levels them rather nicely. I do highly recommend the following, which, of course, can be adjusted to taste:

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/crinacle/harman_in-ear_2019v2/KZ ASX

Honestly, at this point I'm actually considering selling them, not because they're awful, but because they're not as good as they should be at this price. The ZAX, their current hybrid flagship, best them easily. Granted I EQed my ZAX as well after receiving it, but the adjustments are nowhere near as pronounced as those used to retune the ASX.
ff0l37uaj2561.jpg
KZ just had to use the wide nozzles - extends the treble, evens the bass & no more pronounced dip to mids.
Hopefully, in the next iteration, similar to CA16/ZAX.
This new KZ bass BA driver is better than Knowles and Sonion to my ears.

Dec 17, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #53,189 of 64,160
KZ just had to use the wide nozzles - extends the treble, evens the bass & no more pronounced dip to mids.
I think the main problem to me with the ASX is the overly forward mids which bring muddiness. The treble is quite detailed and non-fatiguing. Also I find them lacking emotion in general so I gave up and sold them.

Dec 17, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #53,190 of 64,160

An interesting coincidence with Fiio's new single DD iem with interchangeable nozzles.
FiiO's tuner seems to concur with your observations.
A completely different technology (and price) yet the same results!

@PhonePhi - Good job channeling Master Slater trapped in real life.

11381883.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back