Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 24, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #51,211 of 63,888
I'm sure the KSC75 is quite good for the price. Koss is like that. I'm a long-time fan.
I will say that the Koss KPH30i is amazing.
KOSS makes amazing earphones and headphones. The Plug iem is also incredible. I wish people would compare their KZ's to a KOSS and see what they think, not compare a KZ to a KZ.

Sep 24, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #51,212 of 63,888
KOSS makes amazing earphones and headphones. The Plug iem is also incredible. I wish people would compare their KZ's to a KOSS and see what they think, not compare a KZ to a KZ.
I used to have Koss plug, back in the day, I didn't know they still made them. I must have bought them over ten years ago. Its that long I can't remember what they sounded like, all I remember is put the foam in the "wrong way round" fat end first into my ear. I have massive ear holes.

Sep 24, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #51,213 of 63,888
Always love when folks can't let things go and hold every word you've previously said against you, no matter how inconsequential it really is... Feels like Facebook to me :)

He's right, I'm just some random guy, I never claimed to be any sort of expert. I too read others' reviews, try to pick out what is effective about their style, what makes sense to me, and then try my hand at something like that. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. It's not like anybody is paying me to do this, or that my life depends on it.

Don't worry nothing personal, just pointing out that going all lyrical in an iem "description" using strange concepts like giving the iem the superpower to have concerns about what I hear, then going all "nobody should listen to an iem on youtube" really isn't the best approach to make me want believe you.

You could just let those who want to have a listen do so, and reckon that while being imperfect by nature there's an effort that went into the showcasing, that is for sure of some use to quite a few people out there. Even if it contradicts what you hear.

Generally speaking, trying to diminish other's work never makes yours more relevant, and even tends to be a turn off :wink:

So just be cool, nobody's forced to listen to zpolt's comparisons, it's nice to be able to for those who care.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #51,214 of 63,888
I used to have the Koss Plug. Not good.

Sep 24, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #51,215 of 63,888
I am listening to the P1's now via a fully balanced home desktop amp that has lots of power. That is the thing with the P1's they take more power than most portables offer - to sound good.

The ZAX are very easy to drive...quite the opposite.

The Tin P1's with their single crossover-less Planar driver is on a very different level than the ZAX for detail retrieval. Cost quite a bit more too, so they better sound good :wink:

Saw today in the P1 thread that photos of the Tin P2 have been seen on several social media sites and that the release should happen soon-ish. If you were interested in the P1's...I would hold off and see what the P2's bring. Maybe they will be easier to drive? Have a Dynamic driver, too, for sub bass?
Just to be clear, when you say detail on the P1 is "on a very different level" than the ZAX, do you mean a LOWER or HIGHER level? To my ear, detail on the ZAX is comparable to my reference headphone, the Stax L700. Yeah, that sounds ridiculous, but yeah.
Also, it sounds like you're saying the P1 lacks sub-bass and you hope their next try is better. True?

Sep 24, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #51,216 of 63,888

Not a bad offering from KZ but I prefer the smoother presentation from the CCA CA16.

ZAX is much easier to power than the CA16 as well considering the driver count.

Are the CCA CA16 soundstage similar to ZAX which are vented?

Sep 24, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #51,217 of 63,888
all I remember is put the foam in the "wrong way round" fat end first into my ear. I have massive ear holes.

glad I'm not the only one. when i use foam tips on my IEMs, i almost always use them in reversed

Sep 24, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #51,218 of 63,888
Just to be clear, when you say detail on the P1 is "on a very different level" than the ZAX, do you mean a LOWER or HIGHER level? To my ear, detail on the ZAX is comparable to my reference headphone, the Stax L700. Yeah, that sounds ridiculous, but yeah.
Also, it sounds like you're saying the P1 lacks sub-bass and you hope their next try is better. True?

I hear things (really tiny details) in the P1's much more clearly than in the ZAX, so yes I think they are more detail oriented.

The P1's have quick dry bass that is definitely lighter than what a dynamic driver delivers. You must EQ to get a reasonable amount of bass. They also have the disadvantage of needing a lot of power.

There is enough bass but they do not have that deep sub bass that many IEM's have.

I am not cutting the ZAX down. I think they are a very nice sounding IEM, that happen to have an incredibly low price. A true bargain.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #51,219 of 63,888
Are the CCA CA16 soundstage similar to ZAX which are vented?

No... CA16 more laid back out of the box... I just got my ZAX today, very energetic, forward mid, metallic treble...
Spinfit definitely not recommended, it enhanced the treble... it hurts my ear.

I used Comply 600 ear tip, so far I am liking the sound profile. It soften the treble by ALOT. I am still debating if I like the forward mid or not. Bass decay very fast.

Out of the box with standard tip and cable, not liking the sound profile... another KZ terminator with tweaked bass and forward mid.

ZAX might not be for everyone.

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #51,220 of 63,888
No... CA16 more laid back out of the box... I just got my ZAX today, very energetic, forward mid, metallic treble...
Spinfit definitely not recommended, it enhanced the treble... it hurts my ear.

I used Comply 600 ear tip, so far I am liking the sound profile. It soften the treble by ALOT. I am still debating if I like the forward mid or not. Bass decay very fast.

Out of the box with standard tip and cable, not liking the sound profile... another KZ terminator with tweaked bass and forward mid.

ZAX might not be for everyone.
OK, btw which spinfit you using? So far I have tested AET 07 and Spinfit CP360 & CP145. So far CP145 sound better then AET07 and stock. I have Spiral dot & Azla Xelastlec incoming, will test them.

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #51,221 of 63,888
OK, btw which spinfit you using? So far I have tested AET 07 and Spinfit CP360 & CP145. So far CP145 sound better then AET07 and stock. I have Spiral dot & Azla Xelastlec incoming, will test them.
I just received my Azla Xelastec today, but I ordered the Medium size and it is big unlike other Medium size eartips. When using the tip with ZAX, it makes the ZAX sit too far out from the ear. I got a good seal but it kind of dangling on my ear. My Blon BL03 fit better with the Xelastec because of short nozzle stem. I have ordered the Small size already.
The material quality is very different than any other tips I've seen so far. It is quite tacky and stiff but it is comfortable.

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #51,222 of 63,888
I just received my Azla Xelastec today, but I ordered the Medium size and it is big unlike other Medium size eartips. When using the tip with ZAX, it makes the ZAX sit too far out from the ear. I got a good seal but it kind of dangling on my ear. My Blon BL03 fit better with the Xelastec because of short nozzle stem. I have ordered the Small size already.
The material quality is very different than any other tips I've seen so far. It is quite tacky and stiff but it is comfortable.
ok noted. I have ordered Azla Xelastlec M size based on dimension similar to Spinfit CP145 which I comfortable with.

I also tested foam tips from Misodiko, dun liked it. Muffed the tight lows.

Sep 25, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #51,223 of 63,888

CP100, CP500 surprisingly it is still a bit loose, CP240 without the insert. All of spinfit makes the treble so bright.
Then I tried Comply 600 tips and not sure why it soften the treble by ALOT and it makes the sound profile enjoyable; however the mid becomes more pronounced and distinct, probably due to rolled off treble as a result of Comply tip.

Sep 25, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #51,224 of 63,888
another day, another new KZ. around 100USD
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001505340116.html

120090389_1033030917128014_7925821408850916047_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back