Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 23, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #50,716 of 63,916
Been out the game for a while but picked up the Zs10 Pro yesterday, like I need more iems, these things aren't what I was expecting
Quite shrill on the treble and very fatiguing no matter what tips I used.
Also found they hurt after a short period of time, not a fan of this new pointy design.
Still not a match for my As10, or the original Zs10 actually.
Have a pair of the zsn pro x coming tomorrow in gold. Fingers crossed.

For whatever reason I've found the edge of the ridges on the ZSN Pro faceplate to cause a bit of pain on the upper section of my outer ear after some time. Hope you have better luck with them than I do!

Aug 23, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #50,718 of 63,916

I'm hoping to be reunited with my ZS10 and ZS10 Pros and the rest of my iem/headphone collection next month. 😔

Aug 23, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #50,719 of 63,916
Have a pair of the zsn pro x coming tomorrow in gold. Fingers crossed.

It sounds like you’re very treble sensitive, as the original ZS10 has always been described as dark. And you posted on the Blon thread that the BL03 has harsh and sibilant treble (which wow that’s the first time I’ve ever heard the BL03 described like that).

So if the ZS10 Pro and BL03 are too much for you, I have some really bad news about the ZSN Pro X....

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #50,720 of 63,916
It sounds like you’re very treble sensitive, as the original ZS10 has always been described as dark. And you posted on the Blon thread that the BL03 has harsh and sibilant treble (which wow that’s the first time I’ve ever heard the BL03 described like that).

So if the ZS10 Pro and BL03 are too much for you, I have some really bad news about the ZSN Pro X....
I agree, he should not try the jade audio EA3 if he thinks the BLON 03 is sibilant. LOL

Aug 23, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #50,721 of 63,916

I concur about ZSN pro X.

CCA CA16 is perhaps gentler in treble than BL03 (I was enjoying the treble of the latter recently - amazing for a single DD under $25)

Aug 23, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #50,722 of 63,916

Funnily enough I love treble, especially in my Ety's, so it's not that.
Could be my ears as they're very difficult to get a seal on a lot of universals.
Sometimes a sandbox fill of tips doesn't help 😁

Aug 23, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #50,723 of 63,916
Funnily enough I love treble, especially in my Ety's, so it's not that.
Could be my ears as they're very difficult to get a seal on a lot of universals.
Sometimes a sandbox fill of tips doesn't help 😁
And to be on the safe side I've cancelled the Pro x and maybe going for a Cca C10 instead. Hope that's OK to mention here.

Aug 23, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #50,728 of 63,916
Nice one. As soon as I get it I will review it ASAP as I liked the C10 a lot for the price and I saw it recently for just over £15 which is a crazy price for what you get.
I also would be interested in your impressions on the C10 Pro. I have a set in my Ali cart and I'm very tempted to pick them up. They seem to have the same driver configuration as the ZS10 PRO, but perhaps tuned a bit differently (just guessing on the tuning). What also really struck me was the looks of the faceplate. It seems to have that same anodized aluminum faceplate that looks similar to the almost impossible to find ZS10 PRO Royal Blue version. According to @Slater there were only about 100 units of the Royal Blue version made and even though many Ali sellers show that colour in their ads, no one seems to have them. If the actual C10 PRO looks as nice as the pictures show (along with the gold in the shell grooves etched into the faceplate); I would be happy giving up my search for a KZ ZS10 PRO in Royal Blue. To me, the black and gold on the C10 PRO is just a georgeous. Most important thing is how they sound tho, so I hope they are at least on par with the ZS10 PRO because they are still my favorite all rounder of all the sets I've got.

Aug 23, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #50,729 of 63,916
I also would be interested in your impressions on the C10 Pro. I have a set in my Ali cart and I'm very tempted to pick them up. They seem to have the same driver configuration as the ZS10 PRO, but perhaps tuned a bit differently (just guessing on the tuning). What also really struck me was the looks of the faceplate. It seems to have that same anodized aluminum faceplate that looks similar to the almost impossible to find ZS10 PRO Royal Blue version. According to @Slater there were only about 100 units of the Royal Blue version made and even though many Ali sellers show that colour in their ads, no one seems to have them. If the actual C10 PRO looks as nice as the pictures show (along with the gold in the shell grooves etched into the faceplate); I would be happy giving up my search for a KZ ZS10 PRO in Royal Blue. To me, the black and gold on the C10 PRO is just a georgeous. Most important thing is how they sound tho, so I hope they are at least on par with the ZS10 PRO because they are still my favorite all rounder of all the sets I've got.

I own the ZS10 Pro as well and I presume they will be similar to that as the shell looks the same and they both have 1BA in the nozzle where as the C10 has 2BA in the nozzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back