Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 30, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #50,372 of 64,382
Well that cable is known for it's high especially treble extension so maybe the M5 is not quite as warm as some other cables:thinking: Not to mention we all do hear them just a little differently:wink:
Yes, this ISN S8 cable adds some treble and extension, similar to my other SPC cables, so I use them for IEMs with subbued top end or exaggerated mids. For AS10 and AS16 :beyersmile:

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #50,373 of 64,382
Yes, this ISN S8 cable adds some treble and extension, similar to my other SPC cables, so I use them for IEMs with subbued top end or exaggerated mids. For AS10 and AS16 :beyersmile:
You probably meant AS12 not AS16 :wink:

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #50,374 of 64,382
Finally saw a seller list the item on an online shipping site in SG (shopee) and went for it. It's from a somewhat unfamiliar seller though and price is lower than on AE, so hopefully it's legit. A little too impatient to wait for the usual sellers to list them. lol. Shopee shipping should be fairly quick since they have a sorting centre in china, and my orders there has been consistently quick to arrive (1-2 weeks) even over the past few months. AE shipping seems to have taken a hit (last order took over 2 months) so i'm avoiding buying anything there. Fingers crossed.

Screenshot 2020-07-01 at 3.44.13 AM.png

Jun 30, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #50,375 of 64,382
Important post for KZ's Bluetooth cable users:

So a year ago i bought the BT cable to use with my ZSR\ZS6. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd gen... the one with 8 hour battery life and Aptx\Qualcomm inside.
Ever since i got it i noticed the sound was over-driven to death, like someone raised the entirety of the EQ gain to red levels. Bass in particular was messy AF.

This problem was present on all music apps and KZs i own, BUT it would mostly go away when activating the EQ - even on FLAT so i let it slide for a while.

Today i got really pissed with it for some reason and i tried all kinds of weird solutions to remedy this issue.

The simple solution - using the remote AND your phone to turn the volume all the way down and then raising it USING THE REMOTE ONLY to desired level. Night and day difference.

The sound is still not as good as plugging it via cable to a good source, but now im not forced to use EQ and the sound is improved regardless, my EQ settings are totally different now lol.

I dont know if you guys are already familiar with this problem. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #50,376 of 64,382
Important post for KZ's Bluetooth cable users:

So a year ago i bought the BT cable to use with my ZSR\ZS6. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd gen... the one with 8 hour battery life and Aptx\Qualcomm inside.
Ever since i got it i noticed the sound was over-driven to death, like someone raised the entirety of the EQ gain to red levels. Bass in particular was messy AF.

This problem was present on all music apps and KZs i own, BUT it would mostly go away when activating the EQ - even on FLAT so i let it slide for a while.

Today i got really pissed with it for some reason and i tried all kinds of weird solutions to remedy this issue.

The simple solution - using the remote AND your phone to turn the volume all the way down and then raising it USING THE REMOTE ONLY to desired level. Night and day difference.

The sound is still not as good as plugging it via cable to a good source, but now im not forced to use EQ and the sound is improved regardless, my EQ settings are totally different now lol.

I dont know if you guys are already familiar with this problem. Hope this helps someone.

Very interesting. So they must have the gain cranked to the max or something?

Jun 30, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #50,377 of 64,382
Very interesting. So they must have the gain cranked to the max or something?

I think it's a conflict with the OS (Android, maybe apple too), because i noticed that sometimes the remote can only go down to 10% volume on the OS and be silent so i have to use the phone vol button to get it to 0%.

I think they have set the initial volume level to a certain value within the Firmware and that conflicts with Android's volume control.

It's KZ man, we need a "60 Minutes" documentary about their weirdness and bugs.
I'm kinda mad at myself for letting it slide for so long, such an obvious solution.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #50,378 of 64,382
That remote is barely sensitive to EQ overall gain compared to other IEMs too, it's so weird.

I wanted to buy TRN BT20s TWS BT adapter to use with KZ, but the reviews are so inconsistent about QC... i think i'll settle for this BT cable until they'll come out with a new revision.

Jul 1, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #50,381 of 64,382
Does anyone have any suggestions for good quality silver cables?

I'm currently considering the TRN T3 or the Fiio LC Litz cable.

I use the NiceHCK 8 and 16 core ones, about $12 - 14 USD.

Jul 1, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #50,382 of 64,382
Jul 1, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #50,384 of 64,382
I don't recommend the kz silver cable. It reminds me of the old ultimate ears cable circa 2007, it goes quite stiff with use, and the copper in the ear piece connections has gone slightly green. It's the stiffness that bothers me though. The copper rust is probably because I'm a sweaty hound, so I can forgive them that.
I have relegated them to my kbear kb10, as I don't like their sound signature without eq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back