Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 1, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #50,387 of 63,966
Jul 1, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #50,388 of 63,966
Pure Silver

OK, well I’m not an expert at pure silver cables, only because I just have a few.

However, the TRN T3 is legit, and a great value. The FiiO pure silver cable is also excellent, and is very high quality (using oyaide connectors).

Finally, NiceHCK just released a budget pure silver cable. I ordered a few just to check out, but they have not arrived yet. However, in general NiceHCK cables are well made and I have never had any problems with them.

Im sure there are other pure silver choices, especially since you have a budget of $100. I would ask definitely ask @hakuzen and also @Dsnuts for their input.

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #50,389 of 63,966
Jul 1, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #50,390 of 63,966
I've just started to realise what everyone was talking about on here about struggling to keep up with KZ releases, I know they have slowed a little recently, but you can be sure as soon as you are sitting comfy enjoying the latest model, a new one gets released!
I just got the CCA C12's - first Chi Fi IEM and I dig it, nice clear presentation, much more emphasis on treble than any IEM's I already own but it's breathing new life into old records and giving a fresh perspective, it's supposed to be fun right? :)
Only now I see the CCA CA16 has just dropped, also wondering about the ZSX which I was going to buy originally, I saw some people mention the treble was a bit too much which led me to the C12's I'm considering ordering one of these to A/B against the C12's.
There's a lot of love for the CA CA16's right now and I'm curious if people are swapping their CA12's and ZSX out for these,
The CA CA16 are twice the price of the ZSX where I am.
I've heard conflicting things about which is the brighter sounding, ZSX or C12, most say ZSX is brighter?

Jul 1, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #50,391 of 63,966
I've just started to realise what everyone was talking about on here about struggling to keep up with KZ releases, I know they have slowed a little recently, but you can be sure as soon as you are sitting comfy enjoying the latest model, a new one gets released!
I just got the CCA C12's - first Chi Fi IEM and I dig it, nice clear presentation, much more emphasis on treble than any IEM's I already own but it's breathing new life into old records and giving a fresh perspective, it's supposed to be fun right? :)
Only now I see the CCA CA16 has just dropped, also wondering about the ZSX which I was going to buy originally, I saw some people mention the treble was a bit too much which led me to the C12's I'm considering ordering one of these to A/B against the C12's.
There's a lot of love for the CA CA16's right now and I'm curious if people are swapping their CA12's and ZSX out for these,
The CA CA16 are twice the price of the ZSX where I am.
I've heard conflicting things about which is the brighter sounding, ZSX or C12, most say ZSX is brighter?
C12 are definitely a tiny bit brighter (slightly more extended treble), slightly more mid-bass compared to ZSX, ZSX bass feels a bit tigher.

P. S. I am in the process of burning/acclimating CA16 now, which are quite amazing!

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #50,392 of 63,966
C12 are definitely a tiny bit brighter (slightly more extended treble), slightly more mid-bass compared to ZSX, ZSX bass feels a bit tigher.

P. S. I am in the process of burning/acclimating CA16 now, which are quite amazing!
Nice! thank you for the info - I'm curious which headphones you were using prior to getting the CA16's??
I guess I'm wondering if to pick up the ZSX or go for the CA16's

Jul 1, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #50,393 of 63,966
Thanks for all the recommendations everyone, I've narrowed it down to the Nicehck Litz and the TRN T3. Which one is better if I wanted more clarity?
And is the ALO litz worth it over the Nicehck litz?

Jul 1, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #50,394 of 63,966
Nice! thank you for the info - I'm curious which headphones you were using prior to getting the CA16's??
ZSX and C12 are quite close, so CA16 vs. ZSX is an easier answer.

I am a great fun of KZ/CCA.
I tried to make a list what I was using before, that would be about everything what they made with 10 or more drivers (and CA4), they all have their strength to me that I enjoy with different recordings/mood.
CA16 now grow to be one of the most universal :)

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #50,395 of 63,966
The ZSX will probably be more similar to the C12,the CA16 more different, so depends on which you want. I think one of the biggest differences the CA16 has is that it doesn’t have a balanced armature in the nozzle like most other hybrids, which I believe leads to its smoother and non fatiguing treble, I really like it.

Jul 1, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #50,396 of 63,966
The ZSX will probably be more similar to the C12,the CA16 more different, so depends on which you want. I think one of the biggest differences the CA16 has is that it doesn’t have a balanced armature in the nozzle like most other hybrids, which I believe leads to its smoother and non fatiguing treble, I really like it.
Based on all reports I’ve read thus far, the CA16 seems to be the first really well balanced, musical, non-V shaped hybrid IEM from CCA/KZ, that has really good mids. A much needed addition.

Jul 2, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #50,399 of 63,966
for me mids are good but too much treble. and it is fatigung if someone has good hearing

if you dont use eq go for zsx. but with eq ca16 are better all the way
The CA16 has too much/too bright treble compared to the ZSX? I thought that b/c there is no BA in the nozzle of the CA16 it wasn’t as bright. I don’t find the ZSX to bright, though I think the ZS10 Pro is just slightly too bright for my tastes.

Jul 2, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #50,400 of 63,966
The CA16 has too much/too bright treble compared to the ZSX? I thought that b/c there is no BA in the nozzle of the CA16 it wasn’t as bright. I don’t find the ZSX to bright, though I think the ZS10 Pro is just slightly too bright for my tastes.

I don't have the ZSX, but have a lot of other earphones, and wouldn't call the CA16 bright. And from my memory (don't have them anymore), the ZS10 Pro earphones were bright compared to the CA16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back