Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 14, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #49,321 of 63,943
There's a "12 Hybrid" on each of the ZSX earphones. I kind of wish there wasn't. It'd look much nicer without text on the faceplate. I want to try removing it with a little bit of acetone, but I don't want to wreck the finish or accidentaly melt some of the plastic housing either.

I totally understand what you’re saying, but if it was me, I wouldn’t use acetone.
Maybe try something milder first. Even just a damp warm cloth with a tiny bit of soap on it.
Just be careful. Good luck :)

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #49,322 of 63,943
wow so you really like the BQEYZ K1. Dang. That’s cool.
Let me ask you a question please.
I just received the BQEYZ BQ3. And I like the sound signature of them.
Slightly V shaped but not too much.
They are very nice for EDM and Jazz.
Are the K1 similar to the BQ3 ?
Also I have the KB100. How do those sound in comparison to the K1?
Thank you.
Yes, BQ3 is great, kind of a toned down ZS7 and a bit more neutral. Great bass too.

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #49,324 of 63,943
Here here Mr. Panda:beerchug: KZ has come a long way since my beloved ED9's but to this day they are still some of the best bang for your buck IMHO of any Chi-Fi iem going. This trio makes heavy rotation these days and all can challenge like iem's as much as 3 times there cost:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

hello,
i see you have the ba10. after i try a lot of cables for the ba 10 i go back to the original cable. all the other cables i have tested for the ba10 didn`t fit. s which cable is it on the photo`?
which of this three earphones is the best? and is there a major difference between them?

Jan 15, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #49,325 of 63,943
hello,
i see you have the ba10. after i try a lot of cables for the ba 10 i go back to the original cable. all the other cables i have tested for the ba10 didn`t fit. s which cable is it on the photo`?
which of this three earphones is the best? and is there a major difference between them?

To break it down in one term each the ZSX is a bass leading party iem for my ears, the ZS7 is a refined ZS6 not far off the ZSX but with a little less of everything but for sure the bass. Now to overall accuracy and timber the BA-10's are a miracle at just $76, if I'm listening to classical our anything with heavy orchestration the BA-10's are worth their weight in gold, nah let's go Plutonium since they are fairly light for much value in gold. Pod does not review nor does he get very technical with his explanation's of sound characteristics on anything, I will say one really can't go wrong with any one of the three I posted here but as said ZSX for me is bass leading (of course that is dependent on whether you get a great seal with the right tips), just like the ZS6 (have the black, gray and red's) the 7 is very musical, non fatiguing and something to really enjoy for long periods of time. So is the BA-10 but you'll need more juice with them as well cause BA's tend to come into their own with good power and the right amount to bring all those drivers up to their abilities. If my descriptions are not technical enough for you I'd suggest reading reviews of them all by B9 Scrambler or Crabbos over on Prime:wink: These fellows really know how to break it down and you can pretty much bank on their impressions:thumbsup: As far as the cable I'm running on the BA-10's I bought it on Drop here:
https://drop.com/buy/tripowin-c8-ie...12850.392772239733009252310152&referer=PR3LLV
You can always request them to run the sale again or just go out and search it on AliEx where several vendors carry it I believe. Not sure if I've been very helpful to you but it's the best I can do, good luck:beerchug:

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #49,326 of 63,943
To break it down in one term each the ZSX is a bass leading party iem for my ears, the ZS7 is a refined ZS6 not far off the ZSX but with a little less of everything but for sure the bass. Now to overall accuracy and timber the BA-10's are a miracle at just $76, if I'm listening to classical our anything with heavy orchestration the BA-10's are worth their weight in gold, nah let's go Plutonium since they are fairly light for much value in gold. Pod does not review nor does he get very technical with his explanation's of sound characteristics on anything, I will say one really can't go wrong with any one of the three I posted here but as said ZSX for me is bass leading (of course that is dependent on whether you get a great seal with the right tips), just like the ZS6 (have the black, gray and red's) the 7 is very musical, non fatiguing and something to really enjoy for long periods of time. So is the BA-10 but you'll need more juice with them as well cause BA's tend to come into their own with good power and the right amount to bring all those drivers up to their abilities. If my descriptions are not technical enough for you I'd suggest reading reviews of them all by B9 Scrambler or Crabbos over on Prime:wink: These fellows really know how to break it down and you can pretty much bank on their impressions:thumbsup: As far as the cable I'm running on the BA-10's I bought it on Drop here:
https://drop.com/buy/tripowin-c8-iem-cables?mode=guest_open&utm_campaign=Transactional: Shipping Notification&utm_source=SparkPost&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Transactional: Shipping Notification&utm_content=1564494212850.392772239733009252310152&referer=PR3LLV
You can always request them to run the sale again or just go out and search it on AliEx where several vendors carry it I believe. Not sure if I've been very helpful to you but it's the best I can do, good luck:beerchug:

thank you very much for your impressions.

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #49,327 of 63,943
Jan 16, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #49,329 of 63,943
I've been using the S1 as my only IEM today. First chance I've had to really bond with it, though at maybe 10 hours it's not fully burned in yet.
Pros
3 hour battery life is pessimistic - I'm losing about 60% in 3 hours
Super comfortable - I've changed tips to the Chinese Sony Hybrids and the seal is the best I have with any IEM. Wearing them for 3 hours at a time is no issue at all. Any other IEM and I'd have been reaching for a pair of cans after an hour or so.
Sound is good for the money. Quite balanced, a small upper mid spike, and not for bassheads but it's likeable. Shallow V shape if anything.
Bluetooth connection seems totally reliable.
Cons
Some steeliness to the timbre but this only rears its ugly head in high volume situations. It's way better than the ZS10 in this regard.
Only seems to connect to my phone in SBC mode. All requests to do otherwise are ignored. This could be my phone or the S1 but I feel I should mention it.

How are you liking it so far? I have a ZSN that I've been rocking for over a year now with no issues. Besides the slightly metallic sounding treble, I'm actually enjoying these more than my now broken SE215's. They can be fun with a surprising amount of tracks too. I just ordered the TWS S1, hoping they sound similar and not too bright or anything like the ES4 (which were disappointing and I returned those).

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #49,330 of 63,943
How are you liking it so far? I have a ZSN that I've been rocking for over a year now with no issues. Besides the slightly metallic sounding treble, I'm actually enjoying these more than my now broken SE215's. They can be fun with a surprising amount of tracks too. I just ordered the TWS S1, hoping they sound similar and not too bright or anything like the ES4 (which were disappointing and I returned those).
The steely sounding treble is only an issue to my ears at high volumes when it's starting to get a bit ragged. I'd like a little more volume but it's not super quiet.

It doesn't sound bad with any genre. A touch light in the bass and outright resolution is obviously... Well, it's sub £20 and it's wireless. Stock tips didn't work for me so I've put a pair of... Chibrids? on and they really work well.

I have a love of cheap beater headphones that don't excel at anything but let you just enjoy the music. These are on a par with my Blon 01 and NiceHCK DB3 for that. Got them in right now listening to Nirvana in fact.

Jan 16, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #49,331 of 63,943
The steely sounding treble is only an issue to my ears at high volumes when it's starting to get a bit ragged. I'd like a little more volume but it's not super quiet.

It doesn't sound bad with any genre. A touch light in the bass and outright resolution is obviously... Well, it's sub £20 and it's wireless. Stock tips didn't work for me so I've put a pair of... Chibrids? on and they really work well.

I have a love of cheap beater headphones that don't excel at anything but let you just enjoy the music. These are on a par with my Blon 01 and NiceHCK DB3 for that. Got them in right now listening to Nirvana in fact.

What genres do you listen to? Also, I assume the s1 can only be paired to one device at a time? How is switching between two device? (I have a laptop and my phone.

Jan 16, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #49,332 of 63,943
What genres do you listen to? Also, I assume the s1 can only be paired to one device at a time? How is switching between two device? (I have a laptop and my phone.
Predominantly rock and indie music, but I also listen to a bit of classical, hip hop, jazz. Most stuff really.
It does only connect to one device at a time but I've just switched from my smartphone to my Fiio X5 fine. Unpaired from one and paired to the other. Interestingly it seems louder paired to my Fiio in Pure Music than it does connected to either the Fiio in Android or the phone.

Jan 16, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #49,333 of 63,943
I would love to buy a pair of BA10’s.
But every review that I’ve read says the same thing.
The shells have sharp angles. and for many people that makes them uncomfortable.
And whenever I see images of them, I think the same thing “those do not look comfortable”
That’s why I haven’t purchased them. Maybe they will make a new BA10 with a more ergonomic
Shape. More like a hearing aid. I’m crossing my fingers. :)

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #49,334 of 63,943
I would love to buy a pair of BA10’s.
But every review that I’ve read says the same thing.
The shells have sharp angles. and for many people that makes them uncomfortable.
And whenever I see images of them, I think the same thing “those do not look comfortable”
That’s why I haven’t purchased them. Maybe they will make a new BA10 with a more ergonomic
Shape. More like a hearing aid. I’m crossing my fingers. :)

So here's my take on my BA-10's which I absolutely love. You can see by this photo yes the face plate side of the shells have a sharp surround edge however if you look closely there is no sharp edge on your ear side but mind you they are a very large shell iem, I have large ears and usually use large Auvio tips but because of the shape of this shell and where it hit my ears I decided to cut part of a nozzle sleeve for some tip extension and they absolute work perfect for my ears and for some reason a blue core medium Auvio worked better with these but now they seal great and stay in place mind you I wear mine over ear because as mentioned they are not only large but heavy because of that fact. Not saying or even sure if this would work for you but it solved all mentioned issues for me and they are probably my favorite all BA iem, I've mentioned it before but I prefer them to my HQ-12's.

Zenith BA-10.JPG

Attachments

• Zenith BA-10.JPG
    Zenith BA-10.JPG
    696.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Zenith BA-10.JPG
    Zenith BA-10.JPG
    647.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #49,335 of 63,943
So here's my take on my BA-10's which I absolutely love. You can see by this photo yes the face plate side of the shells have a sharp surround edge however if you look closely there is no sharp edge on your ear side but mind you they are a very large shell iem, I have large ears and usually use large Auvio tips but because of the shape of this shell and where it hit my ears I decided to cut part of a nozzle sleeve for some tip extension and they absolute work perfect for my ears and for some reason a blue core medium Auvio worked better with these but now they seal great and stay in place mind you I wear mine over ear because as mentioned they are not only large but heavy because of that fact. Not saying or even sure if this would work for you but it solved all mentioned issues for me and they are probably my favorite all BA iem, I've mentioned it before but I prefer them to my HQ-12's.

thanks for the info. I would say I have average size ears. I usually use small or medium tips.
I Would like to use IEMs without having to mod them. I would hate to damage them while attempting to mod them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back