Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 20, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #49,351 of 63,916
I have 3 of the 4, not the C12. Personally, I pick the ZSX more often. The V90 is nice, but it doesn't have the same level of detail and bass that the ZSX does. I've been trying to listen to it more and it's growing on me, but other than comfort, I don't pick it as much.

The BLON is nice and musical, but frankly the fit issues are more than a bit irritating.

Jan 20, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #49,353 of 63,916
I have 3 of the 4, not the C12. Personally, I pick the ZSX more often. The V90 is nice, but it doesn't have the same level of detail and bass that the ZSX does. I've been trying to listen to it more and it's growing on me, but other than comfort, I don't pick it as much.

The BLON is nice and musical, but frankly the fit issues are more than a bit irritating.

Yeah the fit on Blon oppoty Driams is a thing.... Did you try the KZ star mod? Did it today and it's a lot better. All ready had the "o-ring" mod. Doing both its fine now.

Credits for video goes to someone else.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #49,354 of 63,916
Yeah the fit on Blon oppoty Driams is a thing.... Did you try the KZ star mod? Did it today and it's a lot better. All ready had the "o-ring" mod. Doing both its fine now.

Very helpful video. I use a pair of reversed Starlines on my Moondrop Crescent.

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #49,356 of 63,916
Hi guys! I'm new here, wanna ask some advice. Got the ZS10 (Non-pro) gifted from my friend, is there anything I can do to make it sound better? Or sell it and get better iem?
Thanks before!

Listen to it. Work out what you like about it. Work out what you don't like about it. Think about the music you want to listen to and how you want it to sound. Then ask again, also remembering to mention what you use as a source.

The ChiFi world has moved on a lot since the ZS10 and TRN V80. It would be very easy to get a "better" IEM for the money (though please bear in mind you aren't likely to get much for the ZS10). It's getting the one that suits you the most for the budget you have.

Jan 20, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #49,357 of 63,916
Hi guys! I'm new here, wanna ask some advice. Got the ZS10 (Non-pro) gifted from my friend, is there anything I can do to make it sound better? Or sell it and get better iem?
Thanks before!

What music do you listen to the most?
How much do you have to spend?

Jan 21, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #49,358 of 63,916
Listen to it. Work out what you like about it. Work out what you don't like about it. Think about the music you want to listen to and how you want it to sound. Then ask again, also remembering to mention what you use as a source.

The ChiFi world has moved on a lot since the ZS10 and TRN V80. It would be very easy to get a "better" IEM for the money (though please bear in mind you aren't likely to get much for the ZS10). It's getting the one that suits you the most for the budget you have.

Sorry i forgot to include what i like & don't about this IEM
The things i like is the bass, it's so good imo. and the sound signature is okay for me too. Even though there's a sound that i can barely hear (because of the bass maybe?)

What I don't like is: Fit, I already bought a foam tips (TRN T400) and still doesn't work. so i'm still searching the eartips that suit me, and there's a song that sound weird when I'm using ZS10. Mostly shoegaze, post-rock and melodic song (even my cheap QKZ VK4 can do better) I just want it to sound more balance.
Sadly I'm just using my phone, even though the others said ZS10 sound better with amp

Yup, I'm aware about that. That's why I'm considering to sell it. But if i sell it maybe I'll just get the half price, is it worth? (I get this ZS10 for free though)

What music do you listen to the most?
How much do you have to spend?

Mostly I listen to hip-hop, trap, shoegaze and post-rock.
I want to spend on the price range of ZS10p. Do you have any other recommends?

Jan 21, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #49,359 of 63,916
The things i like is the bass, it's so good imo. and the sound signature is okay for me too. Even though there's a sound that i can barely hear (because of the bass maybe?)

What I don't like is: Fit, I already bought a foam tips (TRN T400) and still doesn't work. so i'm still searching the eartips that suit me, and there's a song that sound weird when I'm using ZS10. Mostly shoegaze, post-rock and melodic song (even my cheap QKZ VK4 can do better) I just want it to sound more balance.
Sadly I'm just using my phone, even though the others said ZS10 sound better with amp

Yup, I'm aware about that. That's why I'm considering to sell it. But if i sell it maybe I'll just get the half price, is it worth? (I get this ZS10 for free though)

The KZ ZS10 (regular) shell is super huge and not ergonomic for average sized ears. I found that a longer nozzle eartip eg spinfits elevates the shell away from the ears and hence reduces discomfort for longer usage.
But there's definitely better KZs and even better CHIFI that came out recently that have better fit and sound than the ZS10 (regular), and some may be even cheaper to boot, so do explore around if u want something better than it.

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #49,360 of 63,916
Similar sound signature with better fit and (not that you asked for it) better timbre, I think the NiceHCK DB3 might be up your street. Bright highs and deep lows. Slightly V shaped but not to the point where the lack of mids annoys me too much. It's also much cheaper. At a similar price to the ZS10PRO, the ZSX and C12 and the TRN V90 are all pretty appealing. I'd not advise the Blon BL03 without amplification though, or the Tin T2 for that matter. The Blon can sound a bit flabby with a smartphone and the Tin just doesn't have enough bass.

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #49,361 of 63,916

KB100 are good for music that needs nice bass.
But also it has a few BA's for vocals and symbols and it sounds very nice.
Also if i recall they were close to 46-48$. A little more then the ZS10 but not too much.
My ZS10 pros were about 31$ So its not that much more and the sound is substantially better in my opinion.
Look at the reviews for the BQEYZ KB100... Even better, the KZ ZSX were only 38$ I think, and they rock !!!
Also the CCA C10 were only 33$ and those are also good for hip hop check all those out.
You cant go wrong.:)
Enjoy your music!!!

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #49,362 of 63,916
I just went for a walk listening to Roger Waters using my Hiby R3 and KZ ZXS and it sounded great.

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #49,363 of 63,916
always listen to a talking panda. they know things no mortal should know :)

Jan 21, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #49,364 of 63,916
Jan 21, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #49,365 of 63,916
Old school KZ kinda day...

IMG_2532.JPG
Model: RX​

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back