Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 7, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #48,376 of 63,868
Hmm, will have to try out this sponge mod on my ZSTs, would be really nice to have a bit of damping in that pesky 3-4khz area.

This is all you need for the ZST:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1167#post-13480650

DSCN0737_-_Edited.jpg

Oct 8, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #48,377 of 63,868
Oct 8, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #48,379 of 63,868
+1 yeah right..

or just use the Animal Sponge Mod

well, my mod specifically targets the treble BT controlling the 30095 BA. The animal sponge mod is in the whole nozzle, which will dampen the dynamic driver as well.

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #48,380 of 63,868
Slater, what do you think about these for the ZS3?

ZS3 already has foam in the nozzle, put there by KZ.

It doesn’t actually need dampening IMO; it needs less dampening! That’s why the ZS3 mod I came up with actually removes the foam that’s already in the nozzle. So adding more animal sponge foam (or replacing the stock foam with animal sponge foam) would make the ZS3 even darker and more muffled.

Oct 8, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #48,381 of 63,868
Oct 8, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #48,382 of 63,868
Can someone test the mic on the kz table for crosstalk for me? Just play music at listening volume with the earphones in your ears and record to see if it records the music as well
This app will record without pausing music playback on android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.axet.audiorecorder&hl=en

So far I've tested 4-5 Aliexpress cables, they all had varying degrees of crosstalk, so does the final e2000

Thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #48,383 of 63,868
To me the Tin T2 are THE best proof that we all must hear very differently. Quite a few folks here seem to like their set a LOT but no matter what I tried (extended burn-in, tips, sources, cables) they sound distant and veiled to my ears with a very tight, limited soundstage and I feel disconnected from whatever track I run through them. I even bought a second pair to check but nope .... they're the only sets in my stash that make me feel that disconnected - I'd even pick the EDR1 over them, not to mention the MH755 - YMMV.

As a former professional brass player, I am also one of the few to not like the timbre of the Tin T2. There is a coloration in the lower mids, you guessed it, right where the trumpets and trombones are at. However, you might try removing the screens. When I did that, they improved a lot for me. Soundstage is still sort of small, though.

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #48,386 of 63,868

Not review yet but just finished training on a heavy bag (Muay Thai) and they were secure and sound is great. Kinda sounds like ZS10 PRO

Damn!! my wallet gonna hate me

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #48,387 of 63,868

Not review yet but just finished training on a heavy bag (Muay Thai) and they were secure and sound is great. Kinda sounds like ZS10 PRO

Sounds like ZS10 Pro with shrilling metallic timbre or like ZSX? I love the design though, looked neat with matte - glossy black combination. Looking forward for your reviews as always, and comparison with ZSX please

Oct 9, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #48,388 of 63,868
Have a pair of the E10's in my ears right now.

My first foray into the KZ headphones. I have Andromeda's, Tinaudio T2, Meeaudio P1 and a few others :).

Build - Feels good to me. The case feels a little rushed compared to my old Sony TWS (just not as high end feeling). They made a weird decision with the case to put the right headphone on the left and left on the right, so it messes with my brain a little when I put them in. Otherwise, the the earphones themselves feel good quality. There are no physical buttons on them (the case has a button for tethering). They did have a weird smell (probably from manufacturing). The earphone cases are made of a resin, which feels nice, but is new to me (my other earphones tend to be plastic or metal).

Audio - They sound great to me. The bass is pronounced a little compared to Andromeda, but I think the soundstage is wider then the Meeaudio P1. If you told me I could get this sort of audio quality out of TWS, I wouldn't believe you. I am playing through samsung audio on my phone, and the music is stuff I have collected over the years (not flac, but good quality MP3).

They are super loud as well, with them being loud enough to block out the office noises at about 70%.

Connection - Seems ok, but I have had 2-3 connection drops on one of the ear pieces (the phone is only a foot away from me) but I am in an office with lots of noise (as in bluetooth, microwave, wifi etc..).

Otherwise they are better then my Sony's by a lot. They drop out all the time unfortunately.

Microphone - Solid. Had a couple of calls already and people said I was clear. The real test is outside, which I will do later.

Battery - Hadn't had a chance yet, but it appears it is inside the little danglely pieces that sit behind your years, because they felt warm after 15-20 mins of use. Not noticeable to my ears, but in my hand I could feel it.

I will continue playing and will update if any show stoppers or major issues.

Oct 9, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #48,390 of 63,868
when people refer to kz starline tips, are the ones that come with kz zsx starline tips? (not the single pair installed, the ones in a small pack)

KZ starlines is just a nickname someone on headfi came up with for the KZ stock tips that come with their IEMs and it stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back