Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #47,596 of 63,882
Hrrm. The time has finally come where I can order one of these new IEMs. I really had my heart set on the ZSX, but im weary about those humps on the back. Since several people have already mentioned those causing discomfort. Its kinda making me lean towards the CCA C12. I really like how they look too and they don't have that hump. Has anyone gotten to compare the C12 with the ZSX? Do they have identical components, just tuned slightly different? Ive been looking around for a direct comparison between the two. I really like my C10's, but i like the ZS10 Pro more, which is why im unsure as to which one to go with now. Ive never worn any IEMs with a hump on the back like the ZSX, so im not sure what to expect. Could be totally fine. Could be really uncomfortable... If i was ordering off Amazon, it wouldn't be a big deal, because they'd arrive in 1-2 days and of i dont like em i could send em back quick for a refund. But the prices are so much better on Aliexpress right now. Id hate to wait several weeks for a new IEM to come in, just to find that they're really uncomfortable. And then have to send them all the way back to China. Ive never had to do a return on Ali yet. Not sure what to expect if such a problem occurred.
Also, I know some people recommended the TRN v90 over either the CCA or KZ, but idk, something about the design really doesn't appeal to me.
For me the plastic bump either doesnt touch my ear at all with big foam tips, or rests lightly above my ear holenif it's in further with silicone tips. I don't really know what part about them isbso uncomfortable for people. I thought the zs10 pro were more uncomfortable, and didn't stay in my ear as well.

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #47,598 of 63,882
Can you make a list of the cables you like for each KZ for all of us? :)

I only use NICEHCK 8 core copper cables (the ones costing less than 10 bucks from Aliexpress) with my KZs.
In general the KZs are a bit on the brighter side, so I find the copper tames the highs a bit (I know not everyone believes in cables making a difference to sound though). But these 8 core cables feel much nicer to the touch than the KZs for sure.

What cables do u use with your vast stable of pokemon KZs @LaughMoreDaily ?

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #47,599 of 63,882
For me the plastic bump either doesnt touch my ear at all with big foam tips, or rests lightly above my ear holenif it's in further with silicone tips. I don't really know what part about them isbso uncomfortable for people. I thought the zs10 pro were more uncomfortable, and didn't stay in my ear as well.

Well not every ears created equal lol. My wife can't even use 100% over the ear type iem, but she can wear something like apple airpods just fine. For me, I can't use airpods as even if I move even a slightest, the seal will break and the sound become crappy (well it is crappy to begin with anyway).

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #47,600 of 63,882
Ended up returning my ZSX, I was okay with the sound (a more refined/natural ZS10P) but I cannot deal with the fit. Tried just about every combination of size and material of tips, just not one made for me because of that plastic bump up top. On to the next Pokemon...
Well? as I mentioned before, the CCA big boss chatted with me and told me that C12 is overall better than the ZSX in "fit" and "sound". But, I will only find that out when I receive the ZSX this week and compare them to my awesome C12.

Stay tuned...:wink::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #47,601 of 63,882
If people are using the included eartips on the ZSX and are still hearing a metallic sound to their music that other earphones don't have (like the KB100, T2, T180, etc.) It's because KZ still doesn't know how to make earphones properly.
I'm a bit confused by your statement here. People swap tips (and cables) all the time, even on other iems (not KZ), and some cost even more than the most expensive KZ or CCA. How does using the supplied tips equate to KZ not being able to make earphones properly? I've yet to have any of my earphones live up to their full potential, by just using the stock supplied tips. If that were the case, I guess I should've just chucked my KPE, TFZ No.3, NX7 and ZS10 PRO in the trash the minute I got them??! Tips and fit is what can make or break an iem. Never have the stock tips been best for ANY iem I've bought. To suggest that if a set doesn't sound good with the stock tips, then the manufacturer must not know how to properly make an iem, is ridiculous! Tips can make a HUGE difference in the SQ in any iem. To suggest that KZ can't make a proper earphone based on the supplied tips, is a stretch dude.

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #47,602 of 63,882
Sep 13, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #47,603 of 63,882
Well not every ears created equal lol. My wife can't even use 100% over the ear type iem, but she can wear something like apple airpods just fine. For me, I can't use airpods as even if I move even a slightest, the seal will break and the sound become ****ty (well it is ****ty to begin with anyway).

Airpods don't even really seal though lol. Imo opinion the old apple earpods before they changed the shape was more comfortable. These ones
post-10915-image-53663b294eb823cababbe85f3d46df41.jpg

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #47,604 of 63,882
Sep 13, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #47,606 of 63,882
Sep 13, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #47,608 of 63,882
It's slightly rubbery/plient, but only minimally. Personally I found the corners a tad pokey (I run my cable inside my shirt most of the time to reduce snagging as I walk around) so I just cut the corners off with a sharp knife to round them a bit and it worked well for me. Material is easy to cut.

I did the same, I round off the hard edges... they like to catch on 'everything' don't they...

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #47,609 of 63,882
do they harden under UV light like the Kz's ? or as quickly if so ?

I have 6 pairs of the 8 Core Nicehck cables (ranging from 6 months to a year old), and half of these cables were used under the sun, the other half at home, both batches feel the same to me.
I never used my KZ cables after the initial sound check when they first arrived, so I'm not aware if the KZ cables have this hardening issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back