Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 27, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #44,551 of 63,958
I can also vouch for the KPE. You do get what you pay for and more with this one. Still could not find a better alternative under $200, or even $300. Well, maybe the KXXS which I think I will find out soon
Same here. The KPE was an eye opener for me, and has made me interested in iems...something I thought I'd never do after a bad experience many years ago with a set of Shure. To me, the KPE is a great example of how a well designed and built product that costs less than much more expensive iems can outperform or at least rival the expensive stuff. My newest addition (KZ ZS10 PRO) is another that really impresses with it's performance to price ratio. I'm loving the ZS10 PRO immensely and I'm constantly marveling at how good these sound for $50. I think they complement my KPE very nicely.

May 27, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #44,552 of 63,958
Why would he want a 3.5mm aux for a pair of earphones? Lol. Oh btw, I was the idiot who bought 50 random 3.5mm aux cables on Ali and the Ugreen HIFI cable was basically the "only" good one.

When using for live audio monitoring with wired connection. The drummer in my church use IEM for monitor and the original cable is too short even when he is sitting down, so need an extension cable to connect to the headphone amp.

May 27, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #44,553 of 63,958
When using for live audio monitoring with wired connection. The drummer in my church use IEM for monitor and the original cable is too short even when he is sitting down, so need an extension cable to connect to the headphone amp.

Is wireless an option? Like ES100?

May 27, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #44,555 of 63,958
Anyone pairing their KZ with an inexpensive DAP? Looking to take advantage of the sale at fasttech and maybe grab the Ruizu a50. Seems respected in the proper threads, just wondering if KZ folks had a suggestion. Fasttech doesn't have a large selection but happen to have that one. Thanks

May 27, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #44,556 of 63,958
Anyone pairing their KZ with an inexpensive DAP? Looking to take advantage of the sale at fasttech and maybe grab the Ruizu a50. Seems respected in the proper threads, just wondering if KZ folks had a suggestion. Fasttech doesn't have a large selection but happen to have that one. Thanks

I use the Hidizs AP80 and Hiby R3. They both sounds great :)

May 27, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #44,558 of 63,958
Is wireless an option? Like ES100?
U could, but for drummer, keyboardist or any other musician that is not moving around, wired is still the best option imho. For singer, guitarist and bassist, I think its better with wireless.
Oh and for professional musician, we don't use something like es100. We use something like this:
Shure P3TRA215CL PSM300 Wireless Stereo Personal Monitor System with SE215-CL Earphones, J13 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ODU9EGY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Fag7Cb8Y7XEKG

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #44,559 of 63,958

I have a FIIO X1 2nd Gen. Which costs about £90, which goes very well with my AS10 and ZS10 Pro and not too shabby with my other KZs.

I've read somewhere that Benjie units are not to bad for the price similar to ruizu you mentioned.

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #44,560 of 63,958

Check out the Benjie T6, and add a free anniversary gift to it as well:

https://penonaudio.com/music-players/benjie-t6.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC&limit=100

https://penonaudio.com/free-gift-for-5-years-anniversary.html

If you have a MicroCenter around you, go to the cashiers area and ask for a MicroCenter 128GB MicroSD Card for about $12.

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #44,561 of 63,958
Anyone pairing their KZ with an inexpensive DAP?
Zishan Z1 and Walnut V2S.

I wish I knew someone locally to see what higher priced DAPs are like but these ones are good enough and more sustainable too as they can be upgraded as needed.

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #44,562 of 63,958
Check out the Benjie T6, and add a free anniversary gift to it as well:

https://penonaudio.com/music-players/benjie-t6.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC&limit=100

https://penonaudio.com/free-gift-for-5-years-anniversary.html

If you have a MicroCenter around you, go to the cashiers area and ask for a MicroCenter 128GB MicroSD Card for about $12.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. Was buying a Ganzo knife at the same time so went with the a50. Benjie was my first choice but wasnt available on that site. Maybe next big sale at Aliex. What is the story on the Microcenter $12 128gb card? I do have one nearby. Usually it's a free 32gb card

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #44,564 of 63,958
A while back someone mentioned that the only KZ's you "need" to buy are the ZS6, ZS7 and AS10.

After the recent release of the ZS10 Pro, is this still the case?

never listened to the others, but have a set of 10 Pros and couldn't be happier

May 27, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #44,565 of 63,958
its all subjective. I got Moondrop crescent too last time, but i give it to my cousin, tuning is similar, crescent got more quantity in mid bass, but clarity and soundstage are really different. Moondrop crescent is like a better, cleaner sony MH755, similar tuning. But they sounds intimate. For me I won't say 70%, maybe 50% yeah,or less.
Is the Kanas Pro following the Harman Curve as well? Why is this Curve so "important" anyway? Wasn't it made by one person?

I bought the Crescent to sample the Moondrop brand as the positive reviews (of the brand) are overflowing. I will compare them to the KZ ZS7 even though they are completely different. :wink:

It's important to hear the Kanas Pro is even much better than the Crescent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back