Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 26, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #42,796 of 63,916
Yes, I plan to burn in for 100 hours, and try different cables as well. Very impressive out of the box. Like a cuddlier C16 really!

Yes, they can happily exist beside the C16. I love their industrial looking metal design as well.

Mar 26, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #42,797 of 63,916
Mar 26, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #42,798 of 63,916
Well after a quite successful Cheltenham I went and bought an amp, a FIIO A3 to complement my FIIO X1-2gen. And put into action initially with an ZS10...wow there a pretty distinct improvement, less muddyness in mid range, firmer bass and as if a veil had been removed from the music, it really brought the ZS10 to life.
Today listened to AS10, not so much of an improvement. Seems to me a little brighter, maybe a tighter bass.
Also, used with a set of Motorola over ears and also lifted them to level above what I expected.
Looks like due to its impedance of 32ohms (iirc) the ZS10 needs a bit of Welly behind it to really sing.

Mar 26, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #42,799 of 63,916
Well after a quite successful Cheltenham I went and bought an amp, a FIIO A3 to complement my FIIO X1-2gen. And put into action initially with an ZS10...wow there a pretty distinct improvement, less muddyness in mid range, firmer bass and as if a veil had been removed from the music, it really brought the ZS10 to life.
Today listened to AS10, not so much of an improvement. Seems to me a little brighter, maybe a tighter bass.
Also, used with a set of Motorola over ears and also lifted them to level above what I expected.
Looks like due to its impedance of 32ohms (iirc) the ZS10 needs a bit of Welly behind it to really sing.
Yes, the A3 is excellent, it does have a sound which is on the warmer side of neutral. That probably explains the improvements in the bass.

Mar 26, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #42,800 of 63,916
Has anybody grabbed a KZ BA10 during this last month or so and found it to be a happy time!! lol
I just put mine in after not listening to them for weeks and I still love this sound! I wanted to hear it fresh again as much as I could, these deserve more love, I think.

Mar 26, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #42,801 of 63,916
Man, cold season really bugs me. Keep thinking I'm having seal issues because my left ear picks up more bass than the right, even with foamies. Nope, just stuffed up sinuses.

Looks like it'll be over-ears for the next few days.

Mar 27, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #42,802 of 63,916
Be aware that the plug will stick up, because the 2-pin connector on the ZSN is different than other KZs. All KZs have recessed sockets, but the ZSN has a raised socket.

You can still technically plug in a normal 2-pin cable and it will fit, but it will stick out. Whether or not that bothers you or your friend is a personal thing.

So that’s going to be a bigger issue than the 0.75mm vs 0.78mm pin size (which the pin size really isn’t an issue).

Thank you Slater, I did wonder if that was going to be a problem... That's a pity. I'll look more into it, thanks anyway :)

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #42,803 of 63,916
i wonder if i should take a bite by buying the ZSN Pro, i dont really like the standard ZSN (it lives as my bluetooth earphone now since it looked nice) but hey, they cost the same as the ZSN on my local website (i know, **** logic right ?)
also KZ said something about dual DD, but on the product page it says 1dd + 1ba, im starting to guess its a concentric DD, since by the renders its thicker than the ZSN DD
i wonder if its a waste of cash hmm....

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #42,805 of 63,916

I agree, a good spurcs bring much improvement ! My Zishan Z3 change the quality of perception of zs10 this last day. Just the stereo and little artificial but really large

Mar 27, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #42,806 of 63,916
Man, cold season really bugs me. Keep thinking I'm having seal issues because my left ear picks up more bass than the right, even with foamies. Nope, just stuffed up sinuses.

Looks like it'll be over-ears for the next few days.

Yeah, I've had some massive sinus problems this winter, still not completely gone. Also had my ears flushed and it took some time for my hearing to adjust to that. Now I still have some slight ringing in my ears which gets worse during the night.

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #42,810 of 63,916
Yeah, I've had some massive sinus problems this winter, still not completely gone. Also had my ears flushed and it took some time for my hearing to adjust to that. Now I still have some slight ringing in my ears which gets worse during the night.

I'm having the same problems from time to time. Good thing when it really acts up and influences my hearing is that I don't have to wonder which IEM to use as they will all sound crap. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back