Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 30, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #41,341 of 64,378
kg

I still don't know how the C10 is priced so low. Maybe its a loss leader for them to get people buzzing about the brand so they go out and drop $100 on the C16? I dunno, but there is really only a couple iems in the $50 bracket that could subjectively hang with them.
I paid $45 for the ZS10 when it came out, and there really is no comparison between them. C10 is superior in every aspect of the signature and technicals compared to ZS10. I would have had no issues paying $45 for the C10.

Whatever. Its amazing that people can get a bonifide legit great sounding iem for $25.
Exactly (!) my experience and impressions word for word!
I though last evening the same - $45 would be very fair price for C10 to me (the same price I got KZ10 and AS10).
C16 can easily cost twice more than C10, but more than 3 times (?)
My (limited and subjective) reasonable price estimate for C16 would be $85-88.

Jan 30, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #41,342 of 64,378
I guess someone forget to tell me how bad the ZS10 was before I bought it... they had plenty of warning. Oh well, I'll let others know when they post wanting to buy it. :wink:

Must have a duff one, mine are fine.
Abit muffled in their presentation and slightly bloated bass. But a little EQ in bass region and they seem fine to my cynical ears.
But we all have different ears, different tastes and this hobby is some what subjective you would agree.

Jan 30, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #41,343 of 64,378
Glad you enjoyed it. AS10 was my fav of their current crop and I really respect what they did with it, especially since it was their first all-BA earphone, but the BA10 is truly something special to my ears. Can't be beat, yet. Can listen to that thing for hours. Have a C10 on the way and am really excited to give them a listen after reading everyone's thoughts on it.
I was thinking about C16 value yesterday night and checked the prices for BA10. Then supported with your positive and well-argumented opinion, I decided to order it. :)
Hopefully it will fit well and will have a bit extended highs (the only thing I possibly miss in AS10).

I will now have all the "10"s :)

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #41,344 of 64,378
Jan 30, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #41,345 of 64,378
Must have a duff one, mine are fine.
Abit muffled in their presentation and slightly bloated bass. But a little EQ in bass region and they seem fine to my cynical ears.
But we all have different ears, different tastes and this hobby is some what subjective you would agree.

While preferring AS10, ZS10 should be fairly appreciated for its very nice coherence and an ample stage (at least to my ears), and the bass is mighty :)
I definitely not regret having it in my collection even that CA10 feels more capable.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #41,346 of 64,378
I was thinking about C16 value yesterday night and checked the prices for BA10. Then supported with your positive and well-argumented opinion, I decided to order it. :)
Hopefully it will fit well and will have a bit extended highs (the only thing I possibly miss in AS10).

I will now have all the "10"s :)

I'll compare with as10 too. I'll say that this night

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #41,347 of 64,378
Jan 30, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #41,348 of 64,378
While preferring AS10, ZS10 should be fairly appreciated for its very nice coherence and an ample stage (at least to my ears), and the bass is mighty :)
I definitely not regret having it in my collection even that CA10 feels more capable.

Please stop it with the cca c10, I'm now considering get one...

I also have both the AS10 & ZS10, love both of them but the AS10 is my go to set.
ZS10 needs some EQ to my taste, the AS10 none on my FIIO X1. Also, changed tips to NewBee silicone which provides a good fit.
Will see if on next pension day I'll have enough pennies to get the C10.

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #41,349 of 64,378
IMG_20190130_234056.jpg

Its time my brothers, its time

Jan 30, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #41,350 of 64,378
Please stop it with the cca c10, I'm now considering get one...

I also have both the AS10 & ZS10, love both of them but the AS10 is my go to set.
ZS10 needs some EQ to my taste, the AS10 none on my FIIO X1. Also, changed tips to NewBee silicone which provides a good fit.
Will see if on next pension day I'll have enough pennies to get the C10.

For me the zs10 replaced by zs7.

Jan 30, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #41,351 of 64,378
Bookmarked.

When I dove headfirst into this milieu, curious as I was with my husband’s fascination for audio headgear, I didn’t expect to be as immersed in it as I am with 2-channel stereo.

Now, after fully reading your remarkable 5-part article on KZ headphones, I wish I had this resource when I started. What impresses me most is not just that it’s practically a guide and reference to KZ’s product history and evolution, but more importantly, that it relates and shares your own personal journey through it. This to me is more valuable, for surely deeper insight can be gleaned from this by those who are just attempting to start on their own foray into headphones, as the nature of the person writing down his thoughts and experiences takes form and with which they could identify. Not once in all five parts is “Chi-Fi” mentioned, which I find significant because there are so many here who use that term to connote ‘cheap and inferior’ and also quite a few who use it together with the mention of KZ as a pejorative to be superciliously dismissive. It's proof enough of your affection for the brand and respect for those who in turn find enjoyment and pleasure in its products, be they ever so humble. By this what you’ve written comes across as a genuine, sincere effort to be helpful and evidently it’s successful, too, because of the comments they’ve generated in your blog, which comments you so kindly take the time to respond.

If I have my say I’d like this to be a sticky in this thread, along with Slater’s innumerable, eminently helpful and by now—if they were compiled—encyclopedic collection of tips and tricks and DIY guides and modifications most of which bear his name.

As I’m tapping this response I could not help but think, wouldn’t it be lovely if we have such an easily accessible repository of sorts for all the useful hard information as well as all those tips and tricks on various KZ products gathered through the years, like a Knowledge Zenith (KZ) Open Resource or something, perhaps? I tell you searching for the specific post that contains the needed information is a chore and a pain. This article of yours and Slater’s waiting-to-be-compiled compendium of Knowledge Zenith knowledge could form its foundation. Surely there are many others. Off the cuff I could name hakuzen’s constantly updated database on the DC resistance of various in-ear headphone cables, etc.

Anyway, thank you. :smile_phones: :clap:

Edit: supplied a missing apostrophe

Glad you found it interesting and appreciated the personal side of it. Thank you for the kind comments :)

It's the subjective experiences that I personally enjoy reading about most, even if I don't agree with them at all, and as such that carries over heavily into my impressions and reviews. That may mean my comments won't match up with others and will not be 100% accurate, but I'm okay with that. Individual experiences hold a lot more value imo and I'm not surprised that they are often as varied and unique as the people writing them. Some legendary iems measured like absolute trash (ex. Havi B3 Pro I), yet they are treasured because it all came together to produce an amazing experience. The more time I spend in this hobby the less I care about measurements since they tell such a small part of the story, rarely line up with my experiences or add significant value to them, and often end up detracting from and/or overriding what an individual user actually experiences. I miss discussion about what we hear as opposed to the "this is what the graph says" mentality that is becoming more prominent. Even if what we hear is "wrong". The measurement side of the hobby undeniably has value and seems to be a direction the hobby is heading, it's just not an aspect that jells with me personally and why I've moved to more of an observer than participant in the forums.

I for one can't wait for Slater's in-depth KZ coverage. Would also love to see @DocHoliday 's reviews/impressions complied since he has covered a slew of them too. KZs aren't giant killers, but they are inexpensive and excellent products for helping people find a signature they like so they can move on to bigger and better things. That said, I've tried plenty of bigger and better things and I'm still happy to be firmly stuck in KZ hell :smiling_imp:

:blue_heart: Micro Ring Love :blue_heart:

IMG_20150410_212024618.jpg

Jan 30, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #41,352 of 64,378
with KC2 too pleaseeeeeee

Ah ah I'll try this. But it's sure, technoctech they are far better. I think replaced as10/KC2 by C16.

My top 5 is transformed in top 3. The best of the best for me

Jan 30, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #41,353 of 64,378
Got my C10 today and OOTB they feel head and shoulders above ZSN to me. Maybe I'm lucky or it's just my audio perception but they're monstrous from the very first second! If an analogy is to be drawn between ZSN and C10 then ZSN is like a vivacious kid who knows how to pack a proper punch whereas C10 is prime Muhammad Ali :heart_eyes:

Just need to try some tip rolling if it can further enhance them. Looks like I'm done for 2019.:sweat_smile:

Although if **** drop below $20 I'd be slightly tempted, till then it's all over!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::sunglasses:

Jan 30, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #41,354 of 64,378
Hi there from Germany!

Been reading the last 250 pages when I was looking for a proper in ear monitor for actually making music on stage. Won't be using it for listening to recorded music:wink:. I was quickly convinced to give kz a try, for we fortunately have someone selling it over Amazon prime in Germany (with the option to send it back within 30 days). Considering the different models, I decided it was either AS10 or zs7. So I ordered them both and last night I had the opportunity to compare them (listening to music, not yet on stage).

I was amazed by the detailed sound of both, for I was before using a Shure s315 (which is at around 3-4x the cost) which sounded muffled in comparison. For I play rock and singer songwriter music (guitar and vocals) I chose the test songs accordingly. And I really enjoyed the AS10 much more than the zs7. Especially for its sparkling trebles and it's even more detailed sound. I was even a bit unsure if received a faulty zs7 for some guys here were writing about its even better trebles compared to every other KZ gear. For monitoring I don't need deep bass, so the strength of the dd in the zs7 can't pay off. Although I liked the fit of the zs7 shape better than the AS10 (which are much bigger).

I will be able to compare them in our rehearsing room on Monday with actual "self made music".

Unfortunately there is no cca gear here at Amazon prime, for I would like to try the c10 and maybe even c16.

Do you have some more recommendations or hints for me concerning different models?

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #41,355 of 64,378
Got my C10 today and OOTB they feel head and shoulders above ZSN to me. Maybe I'm lucky or it's just my audio perception but they're monstrous from the very first second! If an analogy is to be drawn between ZSN and C10 then ZSN is like a vivacious kid who knows how to pack a proper punch whereas C10 is prime Muhammad Ali :heart_eyes:

Just need to try some tip rolling if it can further enhance them. Looks like I'm done for 2019.:sweat_smile:

Although if **** drop below $20 I'd be slightly tempted, till then it's all over!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::sunglasses:
That was kind of my reaction when I also jammed c10 into my ears. Slightly different signature between the two with zsn having faster, more linear:)))bass and more forward mids, but the trade off is well worth it for the separation and stage improvements. I swore that was it for this year too, but then got suckered into ordering ****. That should be here early next week.

Now c16 GAS is starting to hit me hard. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back