Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 15, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #40,816 of 64,402
Thanks. Looks I wouldn`t like ZS7 so much as I do my modded IT01 by that graph.
What tips did You use and what compensation?

Read above and to answer more precisely, I need Wiljen answer to my questions.
But definitely prefer IT01 response :wink:
ZS7 has peak-hill @ 7kHz which is "pain" for my ears and IT01 is spot on there.
2 & 4kHz peak-hills are also too prominent @ ZS7 for my hearing and add up more raised mid-bass, ZS7 is more V-shaped presentation, which I personally don`t like.
Burned-in IT01 I would describe U-shaped with clear detailed neutral-sided mids.
Modded IT01 has reduced bass area and slightly more raised highs and slightly more prominent clearer mids. Modded IT01 has absolutely no mid-bass/sub-bass bleed into midrange... with my gear and ears.

Matter of preferences also I would say. I believe many will like ZS7 though. Even I would, to certain degree.
But I know for some time now what I want from graphs and which sound signature ("downslope" signature. Also I know that I certainly prefer 1DD over hybrids (at least cheap ones) due to coherence and dynamics.
Also I have certain preferences about DD technology and shell type.
All that together - no KZ for my taste anymore and I doubt there will be for long time (if ever from KZ).

But this is all my personal subjective preferences, gear pairing, music preferences, tip selection etc.
My preferences wouldn`t suit for many either and nor are they "superior" :wink:

None. REW with a Umik-1 mic and a silicone adapter. It is calibrated, but no compensation applied.

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #40,817 of 64,402
Yeap! Plain and simple said! :wink:
Hope now many here understand what I`m talking about saving up money if You prefer certain signature or know what You would like (btw, I got my Kanas Pro for 126€ yesterday, which is INSANE value imho).
Kz is great "platform" to learn and discover what You really want from IEM and certainly some ppl will find it from within KZ family too... but for me it has outlived it`s purpose and once I got taste of greatly tuned single DD with good technical specs and musical abilities, no going back.

Wait til you hear an Empire Ears Legend X or Jerry Harvey 16. That will ruin the hell out of most everything. I know it did for me.

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #40,819 of 64,402
I have yet to listen to either of these, but I'd guess the IT01 treble would sound more pronounced due to the lower bass and more even mid response.

I feel like I am the last person on this thread to not have heard the IT01. It looks v-shaped to me, assuming thats a raw graph and not compensated.
I've never tried a IT01 too, so you're not alone.

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #40,821 of 64,402
Well I am so happy with my zs6, I never heard better iems so far. Maybe the zs7 is better, but than it’s ok for me. Everything else I buy after that will be only out of curiosity. I always had single DD earphones, but now I am hooked to the broad soundstage of the multiple BA drivers.

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #40,822 of 64,402
None. REW with a Umik-1 mic and a silicone adapter. It is calibrated, but no compensation applied.
Thanks for info. Always like to look at RAW and without tips graphs.
Wait til you hear an Empire Ears Legend X or Jerry Harvey 16. That will ruin the hell out of most everything. I know it did for me.
Don`t plan when I`m satisfied with Kanas Pro and I 99% will.
There is always something "better" depending on source gear, amping, music styles, tips used, personal preference file format, software etc.
The keyword here is personal and if one has reached to that point (don`t matter how cheap or expensive), then this is the point where to stop and start really enjoying music 100% :wink:
I've never tried a IT01 too, so you're not alone.
I have never heard IT01 either........
Well... any of You guys can have my modded IT01 with bunch of other IEMs (IT01+ES4+ZS5v1+KZ ANV+Monk++ZST+4in1+ATE) with good price as "CoiL-pack" :wink:
Let me know if any of You are interested.

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #40,823 of 64,402

There is always something "better" depending on source gear, amping, music styles, tips used, personal preference file format, software etc.
The keyword here is personal and if one has reached to that point (don`t matter how cheap or expensive), then this is the point where to stop and start really enjoying music 100% :wink:

Well... any of You guys can have my modded IT01 with bunch of other IEMs (IT01+ES4+ZS5v1+KZ ANV+Monk++ZST+4in1+ATE) with good price as "CoiL-pack" :wink:

what is the mod? just curious as I have a couple IT01 floating around here now.

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #40,824 of 64,402

Atm no money and i even live in italy so it will be very expensive.
But i feel you can find easily someone who wanna buy your zs5v1, it's a rare piece nowadays :D

Jan 15, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #40,825 of 64,402
Three different sounding setup's for less than $100:wink: Love this hobby and oh what fun Chi-Fi is especially these days:grin:

Tri-Z Benjie.JPG

Jan 15, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #40,826 of 64,402
Jan 15, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #40,827 of 64,402
Might be interested, depending on what you're looking to get for them. Haven't had a chance to demo the IT01, miss my ES4 (coworker still loves it), and the rest all seem like fun ones to keep in the rotation. Really hope you love the Kanas Pro. The single-DD "dilemma" is a hard one for some people to wrap their head around, but you're right: designed properly, they're really hard to beat.

Jan 15, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #40,828 of 64,402
You could have listened to mine anytime. You never asked...

It's like directions, a guy thing. Seriously though, the iBasso IT0x series deserves a listen.

Jan 15, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #40,829 of 64,402
Atm no money and i even live in italy so it will be very expensive.
But i feel you can find easily someone who wanna buy your zs5v1, it's a rare piece nowadays :D
I`m in no hurry with selling that pack. Currently started to "fine-finish" the modded ones and soon will take pics and update my selling thread (current price is just a nr.).
Might be interested, depending on what you're looking to get for them. Haven't had a chance to demo the IT01, miss my ES4 (coworker still loves it), and the rest all seem like fun ones to keep in the rotation. Really hope you love the Kanas Pro. The single-DD "dilemma" is a hard one for some people to wrap their head around, but you're right: designed properly, they're really hard to beat.
PM if iterested. Like I said I`m not in hurry and will update selling thread with more details and extras.

About Kanas Pro - I`m 99% sure I will like them. Have spent lot of time reading and asking questions from different places, looking at different measurement rigs graphs and also had a brief listen from another helpful person locally and I totally loved what I heard ;P The last 1% comes from: * assurement that they dont have channel imbalance (so far haven`t heard that issue with KP) * get right fit and sound after tip-rolling * benefits from amping (and survives it :D ) with my modded DX5X. Also already planning to change cable jack with angled HQ Neutrik NTP3RC jack and mod Y-splitter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back