Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 26, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #39,932 of 63,919
Dont know if these interest you but I can definitely recommend them. TRN BT20. Comfortable, Easy to Pair, Solid connection, and around 6-7 hours on a charge. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TRN...c7-49d8-bd61-be16dfb526d0&transAbTest=ae803_3

Can I use this Bluetooth cable with the original zs3? It looks like similar connectors?

Something that is confusing is there is 0.75 and 0.78 mm sizes that are very similar in the same AliExpress listing you shared.

Hopefully theres a thread or online resource that gives you compatible kz models with this Bluetooth cable for future reference? Perhaps the specs of the kz zs3 tell you the size of the connector whether it’s 0.75 or 0.78? I don’t mind getting the zsr or zs3e to use with this cable but if it’ll work with my OG zs3 I’d rather just do that as I’ve only used it a handful of times since I liked the bamboo ed7s so much!!!

I have another question also...

Are the zsrs and zs3es better than the zs5s?

Dec 26, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #39,933 of 63,919
Finding nozzle tips for the ED7 is a bitch as they're tiny little buggers. Maybe I need 4mm tips?

Silicones with a 3mm collar work best for the tiny-lipped ED7.

10092816.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/knowledge-zenith-ed7-in-ear-monitor.23035/

Anyway, since my OG zs3s come with a detachable cable could I use a “bluetooth cable” with it? Last time I was here in 2017 I don’t remember kz’s having the ability to use a Bluetooth cable. That would be awesome though for all of kz’s models with detachable cable to be able to use them with Bluetooth with the iPhone 8 as apple decided to not include the 3.5mm jack which is beyond ridiculous!!!

So suppose someone needs to direct me to the kz Bluetooth replacement cable... and I might pick up the zsr and zs3e as well. Guessing these are better choices than the zs5?

I believe that TRN and KZ Bluetooth cables will work on all KZ in-ears that are equipped with "detachable" cables. Slater, Hungry Panda and a few others will have more useful information but according to many posts on this thread the TRN models seem to offer the best solution.

... and I might pick up the zsr and zs3e as well. Guessing these are better choices than the zs5?

The ZS5 situation is a repeat of the ZS1 situation.

Early ZS1 models (version 1) have the brass ring nozzle and all subsequent models (version 2) have mesh screens and NO brass rings. Early ZS5 models (version 1) have one balanced armature in the nozzle and one balanced armature in the main housing cavity. All newer ZS5 models (version 2) have both balanced armatures set in the nozzle and NO balanced armature in the housing cavity.

The ZS5(v1) and ZS5(v2) sound different. Just as the ZS1(v1) is highly sought after the ZS5(v1) is highly sought after because it sounds incredibly good for a set of $35 in-ears when properly amped with a low output impedance source. In my never-to-be humble opinion the unique vent design found on the ZS5 contributes to its airy presentation and I do hope that KZ employs this unique feature on a future model - be it hybrid, single dynamic or dual dynamic.

Hint.......hint....... KZ, if you're reading this!

Pay particular attention to the time stamps of the ZS5 reviews here as you pour through them. To better explain the differences between the v1 and v2 I included KZ's promotional images in my review but you'll get a wider sampling of the ZS5's strengths and weaknesses by going through all of the reviews.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/knowledge-zenith-zs5.22479/

Finally, do a search for the "Slater Mod" for your ZS3 because the modified ZS3 sound signature may appeal to you. My ZS3(v1) - no foam in the nozzle - sounds better then all ZS3(v2) models which were shipped with said foam in the nozzles.

Hmmm....

Noticing a pattern here.

"Better" is highly subjective. Only a handful of us enjoy the ED7 so one can't paint with too broad a brush when making general statements. That said, knowing that you enjoy the ED7 sound signature I highly recommend the ZSR. You could pick up a ZS5(v2) and temporarily kill one of the BAs in the nozzle but I can't promise it will sound close to the ZS5(v1). The impedance for the ZS5(v1) is 4.8Ω and the ZS5(v2) is rated 16Ω not to mention the fact that the combination of balanced armatures are different (2 X 30095 in the v2 versus one midrange 1205 BA and one 30095 BA in the v1). See my review for further details.

ZS5(v2)
HTB1CnH9SXXXXXagXVXXq6xXFXXXO.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

ZS5(v1)
ZS5.fr-1.png

Also, the ES4 might be worth looking into since you enjoy the ED7. THE ES4 sound signature became just as controversial as the ED7 sound signature. Both models are "highly" dependent on finding eartips that MUST tame the mid-bass in order to allow for more definition in the lower-mids. Both the ED7 and ES4 can sound mediocre at best with poorly matched eartips.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kz-es4.23181/

Hope this was helpful.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #39,935 of 63,919
Someone told me on here that the ZSN silver plated cable was a waste of money. I'm assuming because of how good the purple zsn copper cable is. What do you think?
I tried the silver cable on my ZSN for a week and had to give up. I was unable to get a proper seal despite spending a week trying, so I'd say your friend was correct. When I switched to the stock copper cable I was surprised that it corrected the fit problem. The ZSN has now replaced the AS10 as my daily driver because it's the sound signature I'm looking for. It may not have more bass, but it's a richer bass throughout the entire low end. I'm amazed at what KZ is offering for under 20 bucks. The first KZ I ever bought was the ED9 and that seemed like incredible value at that time, and the EDR2/1 for 3 or 4 bucks is nutty value, and the sound quality of the ZSE punches miles above it's price. The ZSN joins the list of best bang for the buck products from KZ and although other makes sometimes offer exceptional value I can't name anything else that quite equals the value of the four IEM's I mentioned.

Dec 27, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #39,936 of 63,919
Does anyone knowledgeable about bluetooth can confirm this for me. I am playing a live music video on VLC using my galaxy note 9 with my TRN bt20 and I noticed a slight delay between the video and the sound, then I tried youtube with the same live music video and it sync just fine between video and audio. Anyone else with TRN bt20 can confirm it?

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #39,937 of 63,919
I tried the silver cable on my ZSN for a week and had to give up. I was unable to get a proper seal despite spending a week trying, so I'd say your friend was correct. When I switched to the stock copper cable I was surprised that it corrected the fit problem. The ZSN has now replaced the AS10 as my daily driver because it's the sound signature I'm looking for. It may not have more bass, but it's a richer bass throughout the entire low end. I'm amazed at what KZ is offering for under 20 bucks. The first KZ I ever bought was the ED9 and that seemed like incredible value at that time, and the EDR2/1 for 3 or 4 bucks is nutty value, and the sound quality of the ZSE punches miles above it's price. The ZSN joins the list of best bang for the buck products from KZ and although other makes sometimes offer exceptional value I can't name anything else that quite equals the value of the four IEM's I mentioned.

Yes, AS10 might have more punch in the overall bass, but I feel more energy in the lower bass extension with ZSN.

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #39,938 of 63,919
I tried the silver cable on my ZSN for a week and had to give up. I was unable to get a proper seal despite spending a week trying. The ZSN has now replaced the AS10 as my daily driver because it's the sound signature I'm looking for. It may not have more bass, but it's a richer bass throughout the entire low end. I'm amazed at what KZ is offering for under 20 bucks. The sound quality of the ZSE punches miles above it's price..
Don't you think its weird how KZ made a silver plated cable for the ZSN and it doesn't fit it... or did you try and use the non-ZSN silver plated cable on it... I look forward to getting my AS10 soon to see if I feel the same about the ZSN. I have 2 ZSNs, one coming in the mail. I haven't heard many people talk about the ZSE. Maybe its not as good as you say...lol. (People were wrapped up in their ZS3 and ZSTs).

I already have AS10, ZSN, ZSA, and ES4 coming to me in the mail so I am pretty sure I wont be buying another. Time to retire from this forum after I already own 10+ of them... or just to talk and give my thoughts on helping newbies find the right model without spending $150+USD like I have,

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #39,939 of 63,919
Don't you think its weird how KZ made a silver plated cable for the ZSN and it doesn't fit it... or did you try and use the non-ZSN silver plated cable on it... I look forward to getting my AS10 soon to see if I feel the same about the ZSN. I have 2 ZSNs, one coming in the mail. I haven't heard many people talk about the ZSE. Maybe its not as good as you say...lol. (People were wrapped up in their ZS3 and ZSTs).

I already have AS10, ZSN, ZSA, and ES4 coming to me in the mail so I am pretty sure I wont be buying another. Time to retire from this forum after I already own 10+ of them... or just to talk and give my thoughts on helping newbies find the right model without spending $150+USD like I have,

U haven't tried the ZS7 yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #39,940 of 63,919

I think ZSN is asking for a companion. :point_right: C10 will you marry me?...I'll be the perfect mate! :couple:

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #39,941 of 63,919
U haven't tried the ZS7 yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Must received mine zs7 in few days by **** amazon seller
And as06 is blocked in GB for the moment...
2KZ to beginning this new year :ksc75smile:

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #39,942 of 63,919
Can I use this Bluetooth cable with the original zs3? It looks like similar connectors?

Something that is confusing is there is 0.75 and 0.78 mm sizes that are very similar in the same AliExpress listing you shared.

Hopefully theres a thread or online resource that gives you compatible kz models with this Bluetooth cable for future reference? Perhaps the specs of the kz zs3 tell you the size of the connector whether it’s 0.75 or 0.78? I don’t mind getting the zsr or zs3e to use with this cable but if it’ll work with my OG zs3 I’d rather just do that as I’ve only used it a handful of times since I liked the bamboo ed7s so much!!!

I have another question also...

You should use BT20 with angled 2 pin type. Zs3 straight 2 pin would not work. You can but it's not ergonomically designed for straight type 2 pin Iem.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #39,944 of 63,919
Hola everyone! Back after 2 days of long-overdue rest & recuperation.
:smile_phones:

Recovered quickly enough the moment the hubby sent me a screenshot of what he ordered for me from Shopee.ph last 25th:
8F2AB6C3-E637-4552-A8EC-D23854B77002.jpeg

As shown the AS06 is currently selling here for $27.98. The price was further lowered with the use of a Christmas Day promo code and shipping discount voucher. At the current exchange rate the final amount is ~ $26.65 US. When the COD order was made that was just $26.52.

My $30 Earphone Resolution is holding steady with another potentially exceptional KZ in-ear.

I won't say I cannot wait till it arrives; I have patience, see.
:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back