Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 26, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #39,918 of 63,796
Grab your ZSN's and enjoy this absolute BAMF Christmas song. Merry Christmas everybody.
Sorry, I wasn't too impressed with that Bad Religion video. I was also hearing a lot of fuzz from my computer's DAC. I don't have anything better to post... so Happy Holidays!

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #39,919 of 63,796
The purple ZSN with the copper cable sure is a dynamic performer! It's my best IEM to date (still waiting for ZSA/AS10). The memory "wire" works perfectly. The copper cable is gorgeous. ZSN has a strong feminine side so it makes your ears feel like they're a model walking down a fashion show's catwalk. The sound quality and sound signature is superb and easy to listen to. This is the perfect "lay on the counter" to grab and go IEM. No need to worry if it's too heavy or going to fall out like the ZS10, etc. A "perfect" performer! Happy Holidays, KZ and Head-Fi!

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #39,920 of 63,796
Sorry, I wasn't too impressed with that Bad Religion video. I was also hearing a lot of fuzz from my computer's DAC. I don't have anything better to post... so Happy Holidays!
Get that fixed ASAP. Fuzzy DACs can lead to cranial bleeding.
Anyway, I have been listening to BQEYZ BQ3 nonstop since sunday morning when I got them. They are a superior IEM to ZSN in most ways. ZSNs tight bass and forward mids and overall hyper aggressive "balls to the wall" presentation make them the best choice for me to listen to Punk. I prefer them in everyway to the BQ3 for Punk. Also Bad Religion has been my favorite band since I first heard Suffer in 1988, and their production has always been second to none.

Love ZSN for reals. Its PRA(punk rock approved)certified. :thumbsup:

Dec 26, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #39,924 of 63,796
Hey I haven’t posted in a few years to this thread. But a few years ago I bought the zs3, zs1 (the brass ring model), ed4, and some bamboo ed7s which quickly became my favorites.

I haven’t followed KZs latest models do they make any Bluetooth earphones now? I know about a year and a half ago the moxpad x90 was highly recommended was thinking of getting those but does kz have anything better? I need a wireless earphone for phone... Really any nice inexpensive chifi type Bluetooth earphones is what I’d be interested in. Thank you, happy holidays!!!

Dec 26, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #39,925 of 63,796
Hey I haven’t posted in a few years to this thread. But a few years ago I bought the zs3, zs1 (the brass ring model), ed4, and some bamboo ed7s which quickly became my favorites.

I haven’t followed KZs latest models do they make any Bluetooth earphones now? I know about a year and a half ago the moxpad x90 was highly recommended was thinking of getting those but does kz have anything better?
For that advice, I can answer but it'll cost you a ZS1. :wink:

Dec 26, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #39,926 of 63,796

I haven’t followed KZs latest models do they make any Bluetooth earphones now? I know about a year and a half ago the moxpad x90 was highly recommended was thinking of getting those but does kz have anything better? I need a wireless earphone for phone... Really any nice inexpensive chifi type Bluetooth earphones is what I’d be interested in. Thank you, happy holidays!!!

Welcome back!

Looking at your previous KZ purchases and considering your favorite of the bunch (ED7) I'd say that your best starting point would be the ZS3E ($11 @ GearBest or $17 @ Amazon) - which has an improved 8mm dynamic driver - and get yourself a good Bluetooth cable. None of the KZ hybrids have a warm sound signature like the ED7 so a warm single dynamic is probably your best bet.

61XP7Jg9z0L._AC_SL1500_-1.jpg

If you would like to try one of KZ's hybrids then I highly recommend the ZSR ($20). It is almost unanimously praised and is probably the best place to start if you're thinking about getting your feet wet.

10077751 (0).jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kz-zsr.22905/

Both models have detachable cables and I'm sure someone on the thread will advise you on which Bluetooth cable is best to use with either.

Again, welcome back.

p.s. - if you do ever decide to sell/trade your ZS1(v1) then PM me. It's one KZ that I don't have but would like to have.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #39,927 of 63,796
Welcome back!

Looking at your previous KZ purchases and considering your favorite of the bunch (ED7) I'd say that your best starting point would be the ZS3E ($11 @ GearBest or $17 @ Amazon) - which has an improved 8mm dynamic driver - and get yourself a good Bluetooth cable. None of the KZ hybrids have a warm sound signature like the ED7 so a warm single dynamic is probably your best bet.

If you would like to try one of KZ's hybrids then I highly recommend the ZSR ($20). It is almost unanimously praised and is probably the best place to start if you're thinking about getting your feet wet.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kz-zsr.22905/

Both models have detachable cables and I'm sure someone on the thread will advise you on which Bluetooth cable is best to use with either.

Again, welcome back.

p.s. - if you do ever decide to sell/trade your ZS1(v1) then PM me. It's one KZ that I don't have but would like to have.

Thanks for thorough information about the newer kz models. :) I’m not nearly as knowledgeable with earphones as you guys so I rely on you for accurate reviews and insights. Anyway, since my OG zs3s come with a detachable cable could I use a “bluetooth cable” with it? Last time I was here in 2017 I don’t remember kz’s having the ability to use a Bluetooth cable. That would be awesome though for all of kz’s models with detachable cable to be able to use them with Bluetooth with the iPhone 8 as apple decided to not include the 3.5mm jack which is beyond ridiculous!!!

Also I checked from ebay the seller where I got the brass ring zs1 from and he seems to no longer sell zs1s. However here’s a link to the seller on ebay: https://m.ebay.com/seller?sid=chinabluetoothproducts

I got 1 pair in the summer of 2017 from him and it was really hard even a year and a half ago to find the coveted brass ring model. The guy actually sent me the crappy screen covered nozzle version first and I was really angry but he made it right reimbursing the return shipping on the v2 model and sent me the brass ring version a couple weeks later. Was a hassle but it was worth it as the zs1s are awesome. I just messaged every seller on ebay if they had the brass ring version took a couple weeks and suppose I got lucky. That seller may not officially sell them on ebay anymore but he may still have access to some. It seemed like in 2017 that he got his zs1s from a warehouse in China cause he was like so sorry for my mistake I ordered the new version from warehouse instead of the old version so maybe there’s some old stock in China laying around even now. Worth a shot if you wanted to message him...

So suppose someone needs to direct me to the kz Bluetooth replacement cable... and I might pick up the zsr and zs3e as well. Guessing these are better choices than the zs5?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #39,928 of 63,796
Thanks for thorough information about the newer kz models. :) I’m not nearly as knowledgeable with earphones as you guys so I rely on you for accurate reviews and insights. Anyway, since my OG zs3s come with a detachable cable could I use a “bluetooth cable” with it? Last time I was here in 2017 I don’t remember kz’s having the ability to use a Bluetooth cable. That would be awesome though for all of kz’s models with detachable cable to be able to use them with Bluetooth with the iPhone 8 as apple decided to not include the 3.5mm jack which is beyond ridiculous!!!

Also I checked from ebay the seller where I got the brass ring zs1 from and he seems to no longer sell zs1s. However here’s a link to the seller on ebay: https://m.ebay.com/seller?sid=chinabluetoothproducts

I got 1 pair in the summer of 2017 from him and it was really hard even a year and a half ago to find the coveted brass ring model. The guy actually sent me the crappy screen covered nozzle version first and I was really angry but he made it right reimbursing the return shipping on the v2 model and sent me the brass ring version a couple weeks later. Was a hassle but it was worth it as the zs1s are awesome. I just messaged every seller on ebay if they had the brass ring version took a couple weeks and suppose I got lucky. That seller may not officially sell them on ebay anymore but he may still have access to some. It seemed like in 2017 that he got his zs1s from a warehouse in China cause he was like so sorry for my mistake I ordered the new version from warehouse instead of the old version so maybe there’s some old stock in China laying around even now. Worth a shot if you wanted to message him...

So suppose someone needs to direct me to the kz Bluetooth replacement cable... and I might pick up the zsr and zs3e as well. Guessing these are better choices than the zs5?
Dont know if these interest you but I can definitely recommend them. TRN BT20. Comfortable, Easy to Pair, Solid connection, and around 6-7 hours on a charge. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TRN...c7-49d8-bd61-be16dfb526d0&transAbTest=ae803_3

Dec 26, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #39,929 of 63,796
Wasn't feeling the purple/pink ZSNs so I got the cyans with the ZSN upgrade cable from the KZ store on Aliexpress. Really nice upgrade. I have the older upgrade cable with the metal ear guides and those metal pieces with never not be awful.

Dec 26, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #39,930 of 63,796
Wasn't feeling the purple/pink ZSNs so I got the cyans with the ZSN upgrade cable from the KZ store on Aliexpress. Really nice upgrade. I have the older upgrade cable with the metal ear guides and those metal pieces with never not be awful.
Someone told me on here that the ZSN silver plated cable was a waste of money. I'm assuming because of how good the purple zsn copper cable is. What do you think?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back