Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 1, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #35,177 of 63,945
ES4 with star lines and eq solved the issue

China is relatively cheaper in PC parts. Taiwan too

I have titan V and threadripper and I live in India

@HungryPanda

Europe is dAmm expensive

Oh Well come to Singapore, where everything is Ex....
I hope you use that Titan V for developing~

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #35,179 of 63,945
Like another poster suggested, swap the earpieces left to right and right to left. Does the problem follow the earpieces, or is it your ears? If it is your ears, maybe your ears are different sizes, and you are getting a better seal on the left side?
i guess because of my ears. I had otitis(ear issue)especially my right ear. And every my earphones has distortion(crackling, sizzling noise) on right side. But when i try the left side of earphone into my right ear than it happens again. Heck i cannot enjoy music :frowning2:

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #35,180 of 63,945
N

NO it doesnt. Only sometimes

Sounds like you have more than one issue. If swapping sides with the earpieces and the imbalance follows the earpiece it is something in your device chain that is causing a channel imbalance. If you swap and it stays put sometimes, that is something in your personal (human) audio processing that is askew.

Aug 1, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #35,181 of 63,945
Checking back in after spending about a couple weeks with the ZS6. When being played through my OnePlus 6 or Shanling M0, it's pretty easy for them to get a little hot on certain tracks. However, my Sony NW-A45 showed up yesterday and I've realized just how much less bright the ZS6 became. Compared to the consumer-ish sound of the OP6 and the surprisingly well-detailed (and powerful) M0, the A45 is warm, warm, warm. I've just come to the conclusion that not only is the ZS6 really tip-dependent, but it's also very particular about which source is being used. That being said, the ZS6 and A45 makes a stellar combo, though not nearly as revealing as the ZS6 paired to the M0.

At this point, all of my KZ IEMs have gone through 1More's burn-in, so I feel it's pretty adequate judging how each pair sounds. The ZS10 have been tossed; I just couldn't get them to sound up to the bar set by the ES4, ED16, or ZS6. Couldn't even really call it a "Jack of all trades, master of none." Listening is subjective, though, so someone might find them just right, but I couldn't.

The ZS6 have taken over as my DDs due to the following reasons:
1. Comfort. I was skeptical that I'd enjoy wearing these as much as I have, but they're probably the most comfortable in my ears of all my KZ pairs. The stock cable is hot garbage, IMO, and I've found myself using the 2-pin braided cable that came with my Noble X since it slides right into the recessed pin cup of the ZS6's earpieces. KZ's brown cable would dislodge easily, even with minimal movement. The silver cable is a happy medium.
2. Sense of space. Having a signature that focuses on giving everything an adequate sense of space is addictive. I don't mind the more intimate sound of the ES4, but I can definitely notice the difference in stage width and depth between the two. As far as height is concerned, the ZS6 sounds only marginally taller.
3. Sound signature. Obviously, these will have a pretty defined V-shaped sound signature, but the way it seems to only give a slight elevation up top and below keeps things detailed and that's something I can admire. It definitely helps give a sense of energy to my music that the ES4 and ED16 didn't really provide for me. The ED16 is close, but not quite there.

If I were to rank my preference for each pair (and which I'd grab more than the other), it would be ZS6 - ED16 - ES4 - (ZS10). Can't say anything about the ZSA since it hasn't been delivered, but I'll give impressions when I can.

Aug 1, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #35,182 of 63,945
So today my KZ ES4, ZS3 & ATE arrived ... took them just about 5 years (cough).

The ZS3 is a real bass-monster (not my kind of iem) but also some harsh heights? Or is it just my imagination ... ?!

The ES4 is somewhat louder on the right side (maybe the cable) will check it later ... the zs3 cable should fit, right?

The ATE is surprisingly my favorite so far ...

I'll try them some more later :)

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #35,183 of 63,945
Got one kz aptx cable, kz balanced and trn balanced cable.

The trn cables fit both my zs3 and es4, but the kz cable only fitted the es4, so had to cut it to also fit the zs3. Why the different cables with kz?

The kz aptx is rubbish compared to the trn bluetooth, it cuts out after 3-4 meter with line of sight and dap in shirt pocket it also cuts out so im disputing that one.

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #35,184 of 63,945
Received the new KZ bluetooth upgrade cable that supports APT-X today. The led flashes blue when I switch it on but I can't discover it on any of my devices - iPhone 7, Macbook Pro, 2 android phones and Amazon Echo speaker.I've tried switching it on and off so many times to no avail. Any suggestions?

Also got KZ ED16. Its sound alright. A little bit of sibilance does creep in though.

update : just realised that the user needs to press and hold the play button when powering it on. This way the cable will enter into pairing mode.

How can confirm I that cable supports AAC codec while streaming from an iPhone?

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #35,185 of 63,945

The ZS3 is a real bass-monster (not my kind of iem) but also some harsh heights? Or is it just my imagination ... ?!

The ES4 is somewhat louder on the right side (maybe the cable) will check it later ... the zs3 cable should fit, right?

I have same issue with new pair

Aug 1, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #35,186 of 63,945
Hey guys, just an update. I held off buying the type c cable.

I'm quite confused with my ZS3. This is the first one before I bought the ES4, but I'm regularly switching back to ear for easy listening. However, though a lot are saying that these are bass-heavy, I can't really feel it on mine. My ES4 has more bass, regardless of the tips used. Also, I'm experiencing a lot of driver flex and always get some kind of either trapped air or a vacuum-tight seal with silicons, as if there are no vents. Foams significantly reduce driver flex, but still, the bass isn't there. Is the ZS3 naturally lacking in bass? Compared to the ES4, I'd say yes, but compared to other reviewers, I think I'm doing something wrong.

Aug 1, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #35,187 of 63,945

I have both ES4 and ZS3 and find that ES4 has more bass than ZS3. Are you hearing the same? I'm personally feeling a lack of bass on my ZS3, or I'm looking at it the wrong way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back