Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 31, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #35,161 of 63,919
11.11 was invented by Alibaba. It’s basically their version of Black Friday. But they are now bigger than Amazon and eBay COMBINED.

So yeah, they are a force to be reckoned with, and 11.11 is no joke.

This explains it all if you’re interested (pretty cool stuff, and Alibaba is a good stock if you got in early is IPO):

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tarandipkaur/2017/11/08/1111-everything-to-know-about-singles-day/amp/
Nope, disagree. I have surfed through American sites, looking at tech and bushcraft equipment, and the discounts you guys get at times on some items on Amazon, Wal-Mart etc. dwarf the Singles' Day deals, which tend to be downright measly. There are no 50% discounts or larger in Aliexpress. In America there are.

Jul 31, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #35,162 of 63,919
Every iem I try, I feel vocal and bass from right side and left side a little less in volume.

And this issue came to the new ES4 I ordered

What should I do

Swap the channels by plugging in the 2-pin cable into the opposite earpieces. If the volume is still lower on left side it’s your ears. Maybe wax buildup.

Jul 31, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #35,163 of 63,919
Nope, disagree. I have surfed through American sites, looking at tech and bushcraft equipment, and the discounts you guys get at times on some items on Amazon, Wal-Mart etc. dwarf the Singles' Day deals, which tend to be downright measly. There are no 50% discounts or larger in Aliexpress. In America there are.

There’s more to pricing than the “% off”.

I’ve been in the fine jewelry business (off and on) for 30 years.

Pretty much every jewelry store in town all bought jewelry wholesale from the same suppliers at the same cost (depending on the market price of gold).

Let’s say we bought a gold chain for $100 (wholesale cost). Our competitors (traditionally shopping mall chains) bought the exact same chain for the same $100. But they had a 1000% markup on their “retail price”. But then they would advertise “70% off sale”, where they would sell the chain at a street price of $300.

Our store, on the other hand, marked up the chain 300% as our “everyday fair price” of $300. And we would have 20% off sales, making the street price of the gold chain $240.

But wait, our “measly” 20% wasn’t as good as our competitor’s 70% off, right? No, wrong. Our prices were more fair, despite the discount % being “smaller”.

So the products on Aliexpress are “cheap” to begin with. So a seller taking 10% off for 11.11 doesn’t seem that great, huh? Well, the same stuff on Amazon and eBay is almost always much higher. But wow, Amazon will have a flash sale for 50% off! What a great deal, right?

No, not when the Amazon “sale” price is still higher than the same thing on Aliexpress.

** and yes, I know about overhead, distribution, customer service costs, etc. I am strictly giving an example of pricing/discounting.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #35,164 of 63,919
Every iem I try, I feel vocal and bass from right side and left side a little less in volume.

And this issue came to the new ES4 I ordered

What should I do

Try this simple test, put on a set of iems and listen - establish that you hear the imbalance, then switch the earpieces between left and right. If the imbalance switches sides, it is in the device chain, if the imbalance is still where it was to start with, it is your hearing and time to go see an audiologist.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #35,166 of 63,919
There’s more to pricing than the “% off”.

I’ve been in the fine jewelry business (off and on) for 30 years.

Pretty much every jewelry store in town all bought jewelry wholesale from the same suppliers at the same cost (depending on the market price of gold).

Let’s say we bought a gold chain for $100 (wholesale cost). Our competitors (traditionally shopping mall chains) bought the exact same chain for the same $100. But they had a 1000% markup on their “retail price”. But then they would advertise “70% off sale”, where they would sell the chain at a street price of $300.

Our store, on the other hand, marked up the chain 300% as our “everyday fair price” of $300. And we would have 20% off sales, making the street price of the gold chain $240.

But wait, our “measly” 20% wasn’t as good as our competitor’s 70% off, right? No, wrong. Our prices were more fair, despite the discount % being “smaller”.

So the products on Aliexpress are “cheap” to begin with. So a seller taking 10% off for 11.11 doesn’t seem that great, huh? Well, the same stuff on Amazon and eBay is almost always much higher. But wow, Amazon will have a flash sale for 50% off! What a great deal, right?

No, not when the Amazon “sale” price is still higher than the same thing on Aliexpress.

** and yes, I know about overhead, distribution, customer service costs, etc. I am strictly giving an example of pricing/discounting.
My main data is on PCs and parts, which are expensive from China and don't get much better at 11.11. In the U.S. there are real discounts on PCs (for example, a few items from this recent ArsTechnica list, that go down 50%), going seriously below regular prices. Haven't seen these deals even in Europe.

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #35,167 of 63,919
I would say that most of the deep discounts you are seeing on the PC market in the US are closeouts where they are the end of a model run as tech dumping is very common before a new model comes out so retailers aren't left sitting on large stocks of older parts. The difference may be in business model where European and Asian companies don't have a year's supply of product pre-built at any given time like a lot of American companies do. When you have little stock, model changes are done with much less fanfare or need for the larger discounts to clean house.

Jul 31, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #35,169 of 63,919
I have that issue too Left side is more loud and clear compare to right side KZ ZS6 ans ES4 Does not matter. I guess its because of my ears

Like another poster suggested, swap the earpieces left to right and right to left. Does the problem follow the earpieces, or is it your ears? If it is your ears, maybe your ears are different sizes, and you are getting a better seal on the left side?

Jul 31, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #35,171 of 63,919
My main data is on PCs and parts, which are expensive from China and don't get much better at 11.11. In the U.S. there are real discounts on PCs (for example, a few items from this recent ArsTechnica list, that go down 50%), going seriously below regular prices. Haven't seen these deals even in Europe.

well, this is head-fi and not really a PC/tech forum? I buy quite a few stuff from both taobao and amazon/newegg(thanks to forwarders), and yes, PC stuff are more or less the same price usually, with amazon/newegg price-matching making it easier to get discount parts (rx480 for like 170 bux nearing the mining boom, phew). But discount on other kind of stuff, like IEMs are a lot better on taobao for Singles day.

granted, I'm pretty sure there are cheap PC stuff from taobao, I'm just too much of a chicken to buy them since the risk of getting a fake is too high.

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #35,173 of 63,919
KZ AS10 green real pics:

Djavlg9V4AAOgOV.jpg

DjavoVtUcAAtXvD.jpg

Like ES4 they look better IRL than the digital pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back