Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 14, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #33,647 of 63,978
We shouldn't tinker with the "jack-in-the box" 'cause "POP!" goes the ED12's! :scream:

Yeah, I gave them 3/5 for their warmth and comfort on bed-buddy status but they were pushing 2.5/5.

It's a KZ that not many enjoy spending time with. Sloppy is unattractive.......even with the lipstick and makeup.

tenor-18.gif

Never saw fit to pick up the HD9. I couldn't figure out if it was a legit KZ or a collaboration with an unknown. It had KZ's HDS1 "HiFi-X" logo but I wasn't so sure about adding them to the collection.

HTB1JlVgXCMmBKNjSZTEq6ysKpXat.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

51xMmhzCUNL._SX425_.jpg

How would you compare the HD9(v2) to the ATR or HDS1 (mid-forward)?

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #33,648 of 63,978
How much of an upgrade if it sounds similar?

Hm...that would be hard to quantify, especially since I don't have T2 on hand anymore to A/B. But it definitely sounds cleaner on the mids and treble. Basically, if I needed one or the other, I'd take the T2, especially at the current $36(?) sales price. If there ever was an upgraded version of the T1, I'd take those though. Liked it a bit more than the T2, soundsig much warmer.

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #33,649 of 63,978
I personally like the newer version of the KZ HD9 (V2) vividly displaying better details in the MID's and highs while maintaining a solid bass response. The tuning and frequency response has been changed since then from 20~20,000hz to 20~22,000hz.
Hope this helps. :ok_hand:

How to we tell the difference between HD9 v1 and v2? I thought there was only 1 version...

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #33,650 of 63,978
The W6 Pro is not a good pick. The W1 Pro is vastly superior. W6 Pro's build quality is terrible for one (cheap, delicate plastics with sloppy fit and finish), and they're just wayyyyyy too bassy. Only worth buying to donate it's cable and connectors (MMCX) to another earphone, haha.

Imo, ATR is much better than the ZSE. ZSE is decent, but it's sound stage came across quite congested. That stopped me from buying one of my own. Seems like a middle of the road model in the lineup. So yeah, go for the ATR. Good staging, nice build and materials, warm, smooth, and detailed with good end-to-end extension. Best of the AT lineup for me.

The ATR and ZSE are really good picks. They both present good MID to hi-end details, but both have different of type bass texture. But, I personally like the newer version of the KZ HD9 (V2) vividly displaying better details in the MID's and highs while maintaining a solid bass response. The tuning and frequency response has been changed since then from 20~20,000hz to 20~22,000hz.
Hope this helps. :ok_hand:

many thanks for the respond, guys..
then ATR it is..again, thanks...

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #33,651 of 63,978
How to we tell the difference between HD9 v1 and v2? I thought there was only 1 version...
The details on the MID to high are cleaner and clearer as in the older version it wasn't all there and just meh?. The old version had a little too much bass for me. The new version fixes that up to a "T". They've changed the frequency specs since then as well. I can't tell you if it's a different driver, or not, but since trying the older version with the newer version, it's a no brainer and since then I have gotten' rid of my old one and gifted them.

Who ever gets them might want to double check that the frequency spec reads 20~22,000hz, not 20~20,000hz. Or, confirm it with the online store that it's coming from their newest batch sent from KZ.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #33,652 of 63,978
Hm...that would be hard to quantify, especially since I don't have T2 on hand anymore to A/B. But it definitely sounds cleaner on the mids and treble. Basically, if I needed one or the other, I'd take the T2, especially at the current $36(?) sales price. If there ever was an upgraded version of the T1, I'd take those though. Liked it a bit more than the T2, soundsig much warmer.

Do you think it worth to buy T2 for $36 if I already have Ci880? Really like the Ci880 sounding, it just so clear on everything and comfort is great.

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #33,653 of 63,978
So I've been testing my 3 pairs of iems tonight (es3, zsr, zs10). I have a huge gig coming up this weekend and wanted to have the ear selection ready ahead of time.

With the smallest adjustment on eq, the zs10 I have perform easily the best of the 3. I hear so much more in the music and are the clearest.

The zsr are great but mostly all bass to me. Very good for drums as your monitor, but I think I may go back to the zs10 completely with these as a backup.

The es3 are a perfect backup to both!

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #33,654 of 63,978
The details on the MID to high are cleaner and clearer as in the older version it wasn't all there and just meh?. The old version had a little too much bass for me. The new version fixes that up to a "T". They've changed the frequency specs since then as well. I can't tell you if it's a different driver, or not, but since trying the older version with the newer version, it's a no brainer and since then I have gotten' rid of my old one and gifted them.

Who ever gets them might want to double check that the frequency spec reads 20~22,000hz, not 20~20,000hz. Or, confirm it with the online store that it's from their newest batch sent from KZ.

Unfortunately I won't have each of the 2 versions to A/B.

So is the best way to tell via the frequency spec (20~22,000hz)? Does it state this on the retail package??

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #33,656 of 63,978
Do you think it worth to buy T2 for $36 if I already have Ci880? Really like the Ci880 sounding, it just so clear on everything and comfort is great.

If you really want a significant upgrade that has a different sound-sig, not really. Even the fit is quite similar (with the CI880/C630 fitting easier since its smaller for me). Removable cable might be a factor if you need it to last longer (as usual, mine is the old white cable, I heard the new C630 with black cables are much tougher).

I want to say you might be better off waiting for the T2 Pro or T3, but since there's no new info on their release, can't really say much.

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #33,657 of 63,978
If you really want a significant upgrade that has a different sound-sig, not really. Even the fit is quite similar (with the CI880/C630 fitting easier since its smaller for me). Removable cable might be a factor if you need it to last longer (as usual, mine is the old white cable, I heard the new C630 with black cables are much tougher).

I want to say you might be better off waiting for the T2 Pro or T3, but since there's no new info on their release, can't really say much.

I have the new black cable and it looks tough imo. Maybe I should wait for 11.11 to grab some new earphones :D Currently I have a lot and don't think I would use all of them. Thanks for your reply.

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #33,658 of 63,978
Jun 15, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #33,659 of 63,978
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back