Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 14, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #33,633 of 63,914
If you think about it, this:
DfKMzZJVMAA64KC.jpg

resemble more the ZS6 than other models, so can easily be the model who take the ZS7 name.

Jun 14, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #33,637 of 63,914
Excellent Thanks.
Must admit I'm looking forward to "Rich mids" it was a toss up between these and the ED12. But I just like the isolation factor of these.
Once again thank you.

Sure, no problem friend.

I have never personally heard the ED12, but from everything I have read the general consensus seems to be that they are :thumbsdown:

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #33,638 of 63,914
hi everyone..

i need an advice,
please choose between W6 pro or ATR..and tell me why you choose it?

many thanks in advance..

oh right, i forgot to mention..
i already own W1 pro for about 2 weeks, and yes this budget IEM surprise me..
my son keep asking this for him, so i gonna need a replacement that sound on par or even much more than W1 pro (compare to that option above)..

anyone?

is it ZSE any good?
so W6 pro, ATR or ZSE?

Jun 14, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #33,639 of 63,914
anyone?

is it ZSE any good?
so W6 pro, ATR or ZSE?

The W6 Pro is not a good pick. The W1 Pro is vastly superior. W6 Pro's build quality is terrible for one (cheap, delicate plastics with sloppy fit and finish), and they're just wayyyyyy too bassy. Only worth buying to donate it's cable and connectors (MMCX) to another earphone, haha.

Imo, ATR is much better than the ZSE. ZSE is decent, but it's sound stage came across quite congested. That stopped me from buying one of my own. Seems like a middle of the road model in the lineup. So yeah, go for the ATR. Good staging, nice build and materials, warm, smooth, and detailed with good end-to-end extension. Best of the AT lineup for me.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #33,640 of 63,914
Sure, no problem friend.

I have never personally heard the ED12, but from everything I have read the general consensus seems to be that they are :thumbsdown:

Out of compassion we try not to talk about her 'round these parts.

CtpwsscUDwdCE.gif

ED12:
Bass - the life of the party
Midrange - the sloppy drunk (shouty);
Treble - never made it to the party.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #33,642 of 63,914
Do you have any links/references on the lack of ear damping at 5kHz?

I'm not finding any of this information, in fact the Harman Target Curve shows that we want a 5kHz spike, especially when comparing In-Ear to On-Ear. This implies the pinna resonates around 5kHz, and we would expect a boost here with IEMs that bypass it. Relevant publications: 1 2 3 4. Also corroborates with the pinna-related transfer function method.

EDIT: you may be referring to the ear canal resonance from 7-10kHz that is ear canal depth + insertion depth dependent, and shows up in all IEM plots here but that is noticeably separate, and not something they should really try to compensate for, and they don't, as seen by the KZ plots here, as well as thephonograph and audiobudget, all which have slightly different peaks as expected.
Linkwitz earphone circuit

Jun 14, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #33,643 of 63,914
anyone?

is it ZSE any good?
so W6 pro, ATR or ZSE?
The ATR and ZSE are really good picks. They both present good MID to hi-end details, but both have different of type bass texture. But, I personally like the newer version of the KZ HD9 (V2) vividly displaying better details in the MID's and highs while maintaining a solid bass response. The tuning and frequency response has been changed since then from 20~20,000hz to 20~22,000hz.
Hope this helps. :ok_hand:

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #33,645 of 63,914
At the moment even Penon sell them.

lol, and somehow still not up on the KZ official store yet. While both ali and taobao store already promoting the coming all-BA model. Which is weird considering people are liking the ED16 too.

If you think about it, this:
DfKMzZJVMAA64KC.jpg

resemble more the ZS6 than other models, so can easily be the model who take the ZS7 name.

They probably wouldn't use the ZS7 name here, they've already skipped to ZS10. Either a new designation with the ZS tag or a whole new model name entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back